Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Blues | Thursday at 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
I guess the Larkin as a center experiment is over?

I wouldn't say so. Wings need him there eventually. I personally think it's better for him to play other position to feel good right, learn the NHL game more and get even more comfortable about this game at NHL level. Maybe see the game little wider and quicker. It's not like we need him at center right next game anyways.

Oct 18, 2006
You cannot sit AA. He could've easily had 4 points last night. He brings so much offensive firepower.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Why would you assume Ott will be in the lineup? Most likely he is the one sitting when Abby is back.

I guess I misspoke, I meant to say I would hope just because he's going back to St Louis. I would assume he would be the first to go, but I think Sheahan needs a kick in the rear.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
You sit a left-hander for Kronwall. That would be Smith, when Kronner is ready. That's a no-brainer.

No reason to touch on those righties, they have been so good. Ouellet is the best lefty to play on right, but he is already a scratch.

If Abdelkader returns, I'd scratch Ott, but I'd like to keep Ott against St. Louis (his former team). He coudl have some extra fire against them.

Scratch Miller. Abdelkader - Glendening - Ott would be naughty 4th line. :naughty:

Inspiration

Jul 10, 2013
The Wings said Kronwall will not play until he practices three days in a row. He did not practice on Monday. Therefore, it's highly unlikely he plays Thursday. Any time after that is a possibility, however.

Yemack

Oct 30, 2007
The Wings said Kronwall will not play until he practices three days in a row. He did not practice on Monday. Therefore, it's highly unlikely he plays Thursday. Any time after that is a possibility, however.

Hope they are taking enough precautions. Practice =/= game and dont want him come back and blow his knee again in his 1st week.

Cyborg Yzerberg

Nov 8, 2007
Philadelphia
People need to stop lying to themselves. Kronwall at the end of last season was atrocious. He could barely control gaps or keep up with the play. Someone needs to tell me why they expect him to come back as something better than what we saw at the end of last season, given that after a summer of rest and training, he still can't skate everyday. When the body goes, it goes. It doesn't come back.

Nostalgia is a pretty powerful drug on this board.

Like. I've been outspokenly critical of Kronwall for 2 years, even though it was very unpopular two years ago. That said, he's clearly an NHL defenseman.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Why would you assume Ott will be in the lineup? Most likely he is the one sitting when Abby is back.

Because one should assume it's based on merit and level of play. Ott is playing well and doing his job. Sheehan isn't and doesn't bring anything extra that isn't replaceacle.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I guess I misspoke, I meant to say I would hope just because he's going back to St Louis. I would assume he would be the first to go, but I think Sheahan needs a kick in the rear.

****! I forgot about Ott in St.Louis, yeah he should play it's only right. Under any other circumstances I agree Ott would sit. I think that's the role he plays for us- to do whatever asked without attachment. He's showing to be a good Red Wing. Bench was right that ******* just starts to grow on you! :laugh:

It's mixed emotions when a player's returning you also don't want to disturb the line-up. There's no need for Shehan to be scratched. This isn't some original idea, all fans are nervous when winning team chemistry is tampered with. I'd like to know why Abdelkader has been the worst forward. Is he now after a few days healthy? He left the team two games ago playing the 4th line- with what he's physically shown that's right where he deserves to return to.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
****! I forgot about Ott in St.Louis, yeah he should play it's only right. Under any other circumstances I agree Ott would sit. I think that's the role he plays for us- to do whatever asked without attachment. He's showing to be a good Red Wing. Bench was right that ******* just starts to grow on you! :laugh:

It's mixed emotions when a player's returning you also don't want to disturb the line-up. There's no need for Shehan to be scratched. This isn't some original idea, all fans are nervous when winning team chemistry is tampered with. I'd like to know why Abdelkader has been the worst forward. Is he now after a few days healthy? He left the team two games ago playing the 4th line- with what he's physically shown that's right where he deserves to return to.

Fourth line looks the best with Ott.
Vanek-Helm-AA looks too good to breakup.
Only guy you can sit is Sheahan, who has been struggling and plays the same role with Abby.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Because one should assume it's based on merit and level of play. Ott is playing well and doing his job. Sheehan isn't and doesn't bring anything extra that isn't replaceacle.

His name has been brought up a few times, may be we should bump his "player discussion." It was mentioned in another thread the fact many don't know what the expectations of Sheahan even are, I sure don't. He's paid 1.8 mil, that's Miller money while playing wing on a 2nd line. It's pretty crazy, possibly the Wings aren't sure of where he fits this season. Hard to be that frustrated with a quiet yet dependable player with such a low hit. Still say I'd rather him in than Abdelkader for the time being.

Oct 18, 2006
His name has been brought up a few times, may be we should bump his "player discussion." It was mentioned in another thread the fact many don't know what the expectations of Sheahan even are, I sure don't. He's paid 1.8 mil, that's Miller money while playing wing on a 2nd line. It's pretty crazy, possibly the Wings aren't sure of where he fits this season. Hard to be that frustrated with a quiet yet dependable player with such a low hit. Still say I'd rather him in than Abdelkader for the time being.
I'm still unclear what exactly Sheahan is, or is expected to do. I think he's just there to play safe, not make mistakes, and be hard to score against. He does all that I suppose. There were questions marks when he was drafted surrounding his offensive potential. Our management said many times IF it came around he could be amazing. It hasn't, and don't think it ever will. He's a 40 point guy at best.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
Fourth line looks the best with Ott.
Vanek-Helm-AA looks too good to breakup.
Only guy you can sit is Sheahan, who has been struggling and plays the same role with Abby.

You're right, many are in agreement. Ott's hustling his tail off. Sheahan's such a sensitive character, I guess I don't want to see his feelings hurt! :laugh: If the Wings decide a game off could help Riley I'd have no real problem with it. Tough call for Blashill to make.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
You're right, many are in agreement. Ott's hustling his tail off. Sheahan's such a sensitive character, I guess I don't want to see his feelings hurt! :laugh: If the Wings decide a game off could help Riley I'd have no real problem with it. Tough call for Blashill to make.

Oh don't get me wrong, I love Riley. I just think with the lines right now he's the odd man out. St. Louis is a big team. Keeping Ott in makes sense there. He's super physical where Riley really isn't. Riley is a every day NHL player though. A top nine player at that.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
An old rival. Well they're coming off a tough loss at home. Hopefully we can make it 2 but not so sure. If we win depends on if Mrazek is gonna give up a softie like has almost every game except the Sens game. This might be the toughest defense we've gone up against this year. This will be like the Ranger game I think.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
I'm still unclear what exactly Sheahan is, or is expected to do. I think he's just there to play safe, not make mistakes, and be hard to score against. He does all that I suppose. There were questions marks when he was drafted surrounding his offensive potential. Our management said many times IF it came around he could be amazing. It hasn't, and don't think it ever will. He's a 40 point guy at best.
I know. I was hoping him to turn into Pavelski 2.0.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI

I'm not frustrated with Sheehan at all. Then again I never had any real expectations of him being more than an average NHL regular. He's pretty vanilla and doesn't produce much so if someone comes out I think it should be him. Wouldn't really disturb anything and you don't lose much to speak of.

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
If Abdelkader returns, I'd like to keep Ott against St. Louis (his former team). He coudl have some extra fire against them.

Scratch Miller. Abdelkader - Glendening - Ott would be naughty 4th line. :naughty:

Thanks Jeff, now I know you officially read HF Boards. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->