Pre-Game Talk: Wings @ Blues | Thursday at 8PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Who sits for Abby? Not that he was playing lights out to begin with... And Kronwall... Smith? E's been solid. DK isn't sitting. No way Green sits. Sproul should *definitely* not sit while he's been producing and impressive. Marchenko's looked okay outside the first few games.

Not even sure how much I want Kronwall back with all those stories about injuries. Who knows how effective he'll be.

Tatar Shots

Feb 2, 2014
Really hope they come out strong with a lot of fire on the road. So far every road game has been awful. Hopefully they can carry on the momentum.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Having the feeling that Sproul is the odd man out. Considering that there's no way that Kronner just keeps on sitting, it should beMarchenko though.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
Should be Sheahan or Ott. But probably will be AA.

Kronwall needs to get in consecutive practices, which he has yet to do.

This. If they were healthy for this game, Abdelkader for Sheahan as that fourth line is bringing it and AA has been lights out. As for Kronwall, take out the worse D thus far who happens to be LHD - Brendan Smith, who actually hasn't been bad.

ap3x

Jan 31, 2014
Stockholm
Expecting an OTL. But after the latest winning streak, would be more than fine with a point.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Call me crazy, but I don't think that Kronner is going to go from not being able to skate two days in a row to immediately being an impactful NHL regular. I don't know why people are expecting him back sometime soon.

Reddwit

Feb 4, 2016
I hope Kronwall takes his time. And if he does come back, I hope they swap out Smith before they touch Sproul. Let that kid continue what he's doing. It would be a goddamn boon for this organization if we turn Sproul into an everydayer with his skillset.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I have no complaints about Marchenko but come on, it is easy to sit him. Nobody reasonable thinks he is Kronwall's equal.

joe89

Apr 30, 2009
Call me crazy, but I don't think that Kronner is going to go from not being able to skate two days in a row to immediately being an impactful NHL regular. I don't know why people are expecting him back sometime soon.

Once he's deemed healthy I expect him to be in the lineup, they'll play him into game shape for sure. But being able to finish consecutive practices is part of that, so let's wait that out first.

Regarding Marchenko yes that sounds easy, but take into account Ericsson is finally playing left side which is a huge part of his improvements. If you bring Kronwall in and move Ericsson to the right side I have a fear that many of the past issues will come back. I'm personally leaning towards Smith sitting just because he's the 3rd best lefty in the lineup and we are getting a lefty back. I think there's so little between the players that we're down to handedness. I'd even consider Kronwall playing with Sproul to start.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
I assume Ott will be in the lineup, so hopefully Abby replaces Sheahan or to a lesser extent Miller.

If AA is out of the lineup I won't know what to say.... Except **** you blash.

Rzombo4 prez

May 17, 2012
Even then, tough to say, Marchenko isn't particularly great either. He's not bad or anything, but he's not great either.

People need to stop lying to themselves. Kronwall at the end of last season was atrocious. He could barely control gaps or keep up with the play. Someone needs to tell me why they expect him to come back as something better than what we saw at the end of last season, given that after a summer of rest and training, he still can't skate everyday. When the body goes, it goes. It doesn't come back.

Nostalgia is a pretty powerful drug on this board.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
People need to stop lying to themselves. Kronwall at the end of last season was atrocious. He could barely control gaps or keep up with the play. Someone needs to tell me why they expect him to come back as something better than what we saw at the end of last season, given that after a summer of rest and training, he still can't skate everyday. When the body goes, it goes. It doesn't come back.

If Kronwall can get healthy enough to play, he's quite clearly still good enough to be a third pairing guy. His IQ is there and he's never been a great skater to begin with.

izlez

We need more toe-drags/60
Feb 28, 2012

Yeah! Just look at our team, people.

Vanek's body has been betraying him over the past 5 years. He will only get worse and never be able to help us.

Ericsson's hips are done. He was a decent role player at one point, but that has long since passed. To allow him on the ice this season would be a joke

Pavels Dog

Feb 18, 2013
Sweden
I assume Ott will be in the lineup, so hopefully Abby replaces Sheahan or to a lesser extent Miller.

If AA is out of the lineup I won't know what to say.... Except **** you blash.
Why would you assume Ott will be in the lineup? Most likely he is the one sitting when Abby is back.

Wood Stick

Dec 25, 2015
I guess the Larkin as a center experiment is over?

Larkin is a centre. He's 20 years old. These kids come into the league playing the wing. He's fine. He'll still play in the middle this season but right now, competing, he can play wing and get some confidence going.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad