GDT: Wings @ Blue Jackets

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
Excellent stuff. More losses please. Swiggity Swooty we coming for that 3rd to last Booty.

Flowah

Nov 30, 2009
He is still our best forward a lot of nights...
I agree.

Still, what's the point? He's not gonna drag us into the playoffs. We don't need him to pad his stats. We don't need to develop him.

What is the damn point of playing him 24 FREAKING MINUTES? Those are top pairing d-man minutes for god's sake.

Reactions: Filppula

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Green with some horrible puck management at the end of the game

Green looks like he is fully in on the tank.

It is almost as if he has been promised to be Dahlin's partner and the same salary next year to make it happen... :laugh:

But seriously I think this is the worst stretch he has had in a Wings uniform since he has returned from injury.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
This Zetterberg fellating on FSD is sickening.

FYI - Your captain over the last 14 games
2 goals 3 assists -1. Well over 20 minutes a night. About 2 shots a game.

If you're going to f***ing go overboard with Zetterberg compliments, someone needs to splash some water on you and wake you up.

Reactions: Fire Ken Holland

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
I thought he was good tonight. I was not surprised that he brought a big effort tonight to back up his words.

We just aren't a good hockey team.

It is sad at 37 how much we need for him. But it doesn't surprise me that Z is still willing and trying to shoulder that burden.

Reactions: Winger98

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
This Zetterberg ******ing on FSD is sickening.

FYI - Your captain over the last 14 games
2 goals 3 assists -1. Well over 20 minutes a night. About 2 shots a game.

If you're going to ****ing go overboard with Zetterberg compliments, someone needs to splash some water on you and wake you up.

I don't think Zetterberg is playing poorly at all. He is unfortunate not to have a few more points in that stretch and he has been excellent defensively in limiting chances.

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Thank god I got drunk for this game. And Jfc I just looked at the standings... HOW THE HELL IS MONTREAL STILL BEHIND US!? They were like 3 points back 5 games ago, and we've gone 0-5-1...

They've also lost their last 3. With this upcoming schedule, it won't take long for Montreal and Edmonton to pass us. We're gonna finish 5th last. Evan Bouchard is actually a possibility....or Boqvist, this will be fun.

I don't even know what I would do if we win this lottery. That would be amazing.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I thought he was good tonight. I was not surprised that he brought a big effort tonight to back up his words.

We just aren't a good hockey team.

It is sad at 37 how much we need for him. But it doesn't surprise me that Z is still willing and trying to shoulder that burden.

We don't need him to do what we're doing.

What's he doing? Playing 20 minutes a game for a team 4-8-2 in the last 14.
He's got 5 points.

What exactly is he doing?
Let's be real.

He's playing this much because our coach is a grade A moron.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
I don't think Zetterberg is playing poorly at all. He is unfortunate not to have a few more points in that stretch and he has been excellent defensively in limiting chances.

I'm always impressed, even at this age, by how strong Z is on the puck. But his defensive game hasn't been "excellent."
He's behind the play. He gets running around in his own end.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Another game starts with Kronwall f***ing up and leading to a 2-on-1 goal.
Wonder who's going to bash the kids.

chris05

May 23, 2013
Another 1 goal loss. sometimes it takes a whole lot of energy just to get in a position to poke and hope. PP sucks with 71 handling the puck
the ratings indicate that...time to start throwing 71 under the bus.....Hey Trashill you need to tighten up the D on the pp. Especially when your 20 minute a night player can't score.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Checkin in on our high flying defensemen...

NHL.com, show all defensemen who have played 10+ games. 252 total defensemen.

Sort by points per 60 minutes...

...aaand yea, 4 Detroit players: Daley, Ericsson, Ouellet, Dekeyser are worse than 194 with 0.56 points per 60.

In other words, 67% of our defenders are in the bottom 23% of the league in terms of production from defensemen.

So once again- this is why I'm not happy with the thought of losing Mike Green.

Reactions: BinCookin

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017
Checkin in on our high flying defensemen...

NHL.com, show all defensemen who have played 10+ games. 252 total defensemen.

Sort by points per 60 minutes...

...aaand yea, 4 Detroit players: Daley, Ericsson, Ouellet, Dekeyser are worse than 194 with 0.56 points per 60.

In other words, 67% of our defenders are in the bottom 23% of the league in terms of production from defensemen.

So once again- this is why I'm not happy with the thought of losing Mike Green.

Mike Green was so lazy in the last minutes of the period.
You can't bring that guy back.
He's awful.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
While I'm at it- in case anyone's interested, Larkin is in the bottom 6% of all NHL forwards in shooting %.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Mike Green was so lazy in the last minutes of the period.
You can't bring that guy back.
He's awful.
Man I really couldn't care less how lazy he is. He is #33 leaguewide for production from defensemen. Our second best player is Kronwall, who is #86 leaguewide and about to retire any second.

If Green is so f***ing lazy and yet still lightyears ahead of every other defenseman we have to offer, then he is necessary. He doesn't have to teach our kids how to play defense. But we need him to teach them how to play offense.

If we ever start contending for a legit playoff spot, then when his lazy play leads to a lost game we can bench him to set an example. But for now it doesn't matter in the slightest.

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
Man I really couldn't care less how lazy he is. He is #33 leaguewide for production from defensemen. Our second best player is Kronwall, who is #86 leaguewide and about to retire any second.

If Green is so ****ing lazy and yet still lightyears ahead of every other defenseman we have to offer, then he is necessary. He doesn't have to teach our kids how to play defense. But we need him to teach them how to play offense.

If we ever start contending for a legit playoff spot, then when his lazy play leads to a lost game we can bench him to set an example. But for now it doesn't matter in the slightest.
BECAUSE THERE'S MORE TO BEING A DEFENSEMAN THAN SCORING GOALS

But seriously, Mike Green needs to sit for a couple of games.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
BECAUSE THERE'S MORE TO BEING A DEFENSEMAN THAN SCORING GOALS

But seriously, Mike Green needs to sit for a couple of games.
Yes. There's obviously more to being a defenseman than scoring goals. I don't know why you're yelling this like it's being debated. And I don't know why you're replying to me with it. It's a non-sequitur which is obviously true.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
Without Green and Kronwall, our best hope of offense from a defenseman comes from Nick freaking Jensen, who's good for a point for every 80 minutes of ice time you play him.

Redder Winger

May 4, 2017

If Green is so ****ing lazy and yet still lightyears ahead of every other defenseman we have to offer, then he is necessary. He doesn't have to teach our kids how to play defense. But we need him to teach them how to play offense.

Here's our defense at 5 on 5, points/60 at ES.
Green .82
Jensen .68
XO .62
Ericsson .57
Dekeyser .49
Daley .48
Kronwall .31

Give Green's easy deployment, I don't think he's tough to replace.
Zdeno Chara is out producing him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad