GDT: Wings @ Blue Jackets

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
i could not disagree more

If it was work ethic you'd see the helms, glendenings, the abdelkaders doing this stuff. But they don't, because it doesn't even register on their minds half the time. Don't ask me how I can read their minds, that's not a point I want to attempt to defend.

Abdelkader is at a .5 ppg pace which isn't bad at all for a role player on a team with no playmakers. LGD doesn't do too many little things actually. He does a few things, but I am always surprised how some people think he's like a Draper-like player (another player that shows work ethic can lead to goals).

Bert hasn't shown at any level that he has a high hockey IQ. All of his coaches and scouts though rave about him knowing how to do the little things and being willing to do them. 15 points in 40 games isn't a sign of someone who is seeing the ice all that well.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
51056800.jpg
Nope. Just someone who knows his team. Because it's a broken record at this point.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Plenty of great defensive players have high hockey IQs, hockey IQ =/= points.

No, but he doesn't do anything, and no one in the system has ever talked about his hockey IQ being anything worth mentioning. Its his grit, his work, and his attitude they have all loved.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This team is pathetic. And the worst part is they are not intended to be pathetic. They are pathetic by virtue they were built by hockey mind 10 years past its prime.

Reactions: Winger98

Red Stanley

Apr 25, 2015
USA
Coreau is actually doing better than I expected so far. Can't really blame him for these goals.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
No, but he doesn't do anything, and no one in the system has ever talked about his hockey IQ being anything worth mentioning. Its his grit, his work, and his attitude they have all loved.
When I see him on his knees and decides to hold on to it and make a great pass up ice rather than doing the knee-jerk chip out of the zone, or hold on to the puck until he can hit AA on a beauty pass up the middle for a goal or that he knows how to win dump and chase battles it tells me he has a high acumen for the game.

dragonballgtz

Jul 30, 2014
Yeah, Green can f*** right off. If the Wings re-sign him would a SC playoff team really want him on defense for a long playoff run? I sure as hell wouldn't

Reactions: Redder Winger

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
I was encouraged by our play in the first, and thought that we made a good response to Zetterbergs comments. Then the second period started.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
This team is pathetic. And the worst part is they are not intended to be pathetic. They are pathetic by virtue they were built by hockey mind 10 years past its prime.
Yup and all us as fans watch it unfold. Amazing on what became predictable. We all knew it was coming sometime, just how bad it's gonna hurt was the only ? It's beginning to hurt pretty badly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->