Pre-Game Talk: Wings at tampa 1/29/15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Actual Thought*

Win. I have come to expect this team to play well in measuring stick games for some reason.:sarcasm:

Henkka

Jan 31, 2004
Tampere, Finland
He almost has no choice but to keep that third line in tact after last game. But that production was obviously an outlier and they'll be broken up soon enough.

Ultimately, I think our long term lines will be:

Nyquist - Zetterberg - Abdelkader
Helm - Datsyuk - Tatar
Franzen - Sheahan - Jurco
Miller - Glendening - Weiss

But that's a guess. I think that top line is locked in. The +/- ratings of Zetterberg and Gus have skyrocketed since Franzen went down, and I don't think that's due to a drop in competition. Hint hint.

Realistically, there is so much chemistry that has developed in our top nine that we can roll a bunch of different combinations without complaints. 40/13/8, 21/15/14, 21/15/26 have all proven to be effective combinations in addition to the ones above. The only real problem is finding a place for Franzen to play full time - and I'm not the type who is typically a Franzen hater. If he's not skating hard he won't help either of those bottom six lines much. Sheahan has been great with almost every single player he's been paired with, but I think that's largely because a lot of the chances on his shifts are gritty, high effort based situations that may not be entirely up Franzen's ally. He gets the benefit of the doubt over Weiss for now, but I liked what I saw with Weiss next to Sheahan an awful lot last night.

Wouldn't mind Franzen-Andersson-Miller as 4th line. he would be a big scoring threat from there.

Abdelkader - Zeta - Nyquist
helm - Datsyuk - tatar
Weiss - Sheahan - Glendening
Franzen - Andersson - Miller

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Wouldn't mind Franzen-Andersson-Miller as 4th line. he would be a big scoring threat from there.

helm - Datsyuk - tatar

I'm not sure how that 4th line would do, I think Franzen would just be lazy with it and that it wouldn't be as defensive as it is meant to be.

HomersWorld

Mar 8, 2012

helm - Datsyuk - tatar

No Jurco?

TatarTangle

Sep 28, 2011
Detroit
Granted the refs gave Detroit a penalty or two they shouldn't have but...if they take as many penalties as they did last night Stamkos will score a hat trick. He will have a field day in the slot.

They play smart hockey and they have a good chance to keep the winning streak going. Start playing undisciplined though? Game over.

Last edited:

mjlee

Feb 25, 2006
OT but should Zetterberg really go downhill skiing in the Rockies during the ASG?

On Topic, Tampa has had the Wings number so I am not holding out too much hope. But hey at least they are in the playoff hunt.

Actual Thought*

OT but should Zetterberg really go downhill skiing in the Rockies during the ASG?

On Topic, Tampa has had the Wings number so I am not holding out too much hope. But hey at least they are in the playoff hunt.
If by having our number you mean that Tampa managed a shootout win back in Nov you are right. They have really had our number!:laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad