GDT: Wings at isles 7:00 pm et

lgrwmike

Dec 28, 2007
Deerfield Beach, FL

DufMSsIWsAAFzKa.jpg

Last edited:

Grimm

Jul 21, 2017
Stupid to not play Witkowski in lieu of what happened last game...

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
Stupid to not play Witkowski in lieu of what happened last game...

Yep Witkowski should be dressed. This is the exact type of game he was signed for. This week the Isles coach came out and said players have long memories so hes not sure what tonights game will be like. Isles probably have the toughest team in the NHL too, Witkowski is the only guy on Johnston/Martins level and really Johnston would probably eat him for lunch too.

I'm sure Vanek could sit a game

SoupGuru

May 12, 2007
Spokane
You have to put more goals in their net than they put in yours. That's basically it. If hitting and banging and being a pest gets you closer to that objective, do it. If it doesn't, like last game, don't.

Reactions: jkutswings

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
You have to put more goals in their net than they put in yours. That's basically it. If hitting and banging and being a pest gets you closer to that objective, do it. If it doesn't, like last game, don't.

Unfortunately I don't think they have much of an option with this roster.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Abby and Ehn in top 6. That should alarm you. Blash is an idiot. He'll say something like "I'M just balancing out the lines." Or some shit.

Reactions: StargateSG1

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
Abby and Ehn in top 6. That should alarm you. Blash is an idiot. He'll say something like "I'M just balancing out the lines." Or some ****.
I think the Bert/Glendening/Rasmussen line has been solid together, they know their role and are effective at it. Vanek has been playing like dogshit and outside of one play and pass last game he looked terrible - like healthy scratch terrible. I liked what I saw from Ehn on that line last night compared to Vanek, when Blash needed extra offense he switched the two. Ehn is willing to go to the dirty areas and try to get the puck, AA being freed up from that opens him up and Nielsen isn't very effective at it unless he's second man in, Vanek has been useless for the most part.

I'm fine with it. Our roster is devoid of talent especially with Mantha and (can't believe I'm listing him in this criteria but..) Helm out. Sometimes you need a guy that will lay the body [more specific to Abby] and go into dirty areas to compliment finesse players.

Reactions: Filppula

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
That didn't block Abdelkader from being on the first line.
There's a huge difference between the two.

Abby has low hockey ability but has the willingness to bang and do the complimentary things. Vanek floats, is slower than molasses, and only hits the boards when it's convenient to him

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
There's a huge difference between the two.

Abby has low hockey ability but has the willingness to bang and do the complimentary things. Vanek floats, is slower than molasses, and only hits the boards when it's convenient to him
But I don't see him getting benched like AA and Mantha did last year, either.

Ezekial

Cheap Pizza, Bad Hockey
Sponsor
Nov 22, 2015
Chicago
But I don't see him getting benched like AA and Mantha did last year, either.
That alludes to my first line. The willingness to do things is more important than natural hockey ability. The willingness to do things is what has this team overachieving - that and goalie play. Larkin has both, ability and drive.

Edit: Oh shit, I kinda misinterpreted your post.

If I was Blashill - I would be sitting Vanek for Witter tonight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Filppula

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad