GDT: Wings at Blues

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
You're complaining about nothing. This team sucks. We know. It's going to continue sucking for at least another five years. The old, expensive players you're complaining about won't be around when/if this team is ever good again.
And you missed his point.

Sports are entertainment. I'd rather watch a 1-0 loss, where teams are going end to end, generating boatloads of chances, and goalies are standing on their heads, than a 3-2 win, where two milquetoast squads try to out-wait each other, in a contest of whose paint dries better.

And this franchise has next to nothing in terms of reason to tune in, whether now, or in the next few years.

So it would be a major breath of fresh air, after 5 years of insomnia-curing performances, if they managed to start putting together something that's at least worth watching, regardless of whether they win more than they lose.

Claypool

Jan 12, 2009
And you missed his point.

Sports are entertainment. I'd rather watch a 1-0 loss, where teams are going end to end, generating boatloads of chances, and goalies are standing on their heads, than a 3-2 win, where two milquetoast squads try to out-wait each other, in a contest of whose paint dries better.

And this franchise has next to nothing in terms of reason to tune in, whether now, or in the next few years.

So it would be a major breath of fresh air, after 5 years of insomnia-curing performances, if they managed to start putting together something that's at least worth watching, regardless of whether they win more than they lose.

You can't ask for a fun, but losing team. They don't exist. This team is doing exactly what you and many other have wanted. Don't complain.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
You can't ask for a fun, but losing team. They don't exist. This team is doing exactly what you and many other have wanted. Don't complain.

You keep saying this is what people want but it's clearly not. The issue isn't about winning or fun, it's about having trust and support for the decisions made concerning the team you care about. Hypothetically if the roster could be decided on by the fanbase, Nielsen and Helm wouldn't be on this team. Abdelkader would have been signed for 3-5 years, not 7. A lot would be different. It's almost impossible to get behind something you don't believe in.

I'm going to continue clamoring for the personnel changes Holland mentions to happen sooner rather than later. Whether by trade, buyout, LTIR, I don't care. Tatar was an intelligent and necessary trade, hopefully we see similar moves made by the draft and this summer that get this team on a track we can get back to believing in.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I never understood why more teams defending one-goal leads don't just take penalties over and over again until the clock runs out.
Really?

Because it doesn't take much time to score a goal off a faceoff in hockey. And it's even more likely with 5 on 3. All you need is a clean win to 1 of 6 guys and it can be tie game in 2 seconds.

That good enough reason?

I mean i guess if it's already 5 on 3 you have a point... unless you're doing something really stupid to risk suspension...

chances14

Jan 7, 2010
Michigan
You keep saying this is what people want but it's clearly not. The issue isn't about winning or fun, it's about having trust and support for the decisions made concerning the team you care about. Hypothetically if the roster could be decided on by the fanbase, Nielsen and Helm wouldn't be on this team. Abdelkader would have been signed for 3-5 years, not 7. A lot would be different. It's almost impossible to get behind something you don't believe in.

I'm going to continue clamoring for the personnel changes Holland mentions to happen sooner rather than later. Whether by trade, buyout, LTIR, I don't care. Tatar was an intelligent and necessary trade, hopefully we see similar moves made by the draft and this summer that get this team on a track we can get back to believing in.

sure. but the poster in question was specifically talking about the games themselves, not the direction of management/ownership. Crappy hockey teams are not very fun to watch on most nights, no matter what the direction of the team is

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad