Confirmed with Link: Wings acquired D Alex Biega

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
He sounds like the LGD version of a Dman, except for the "excellent shot"
Ah, I'm not sure where that is coming from, he doesn't have much of a shot. But he's tenacious defending in his own end (a Bulldog), covers his check like glue, hit's a bit for a little guy (not a truck) skates really well and passes the puck up ice effectively.

And the best part is that he gets paid chump change, never complains, and can be slotted into the lineup after sitting 30 straight without missing a beat. The latter attribute is quite uncanny. The ideal #7 imvho.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
Ah, I'm not sure where that is coming from, he doesn't have much of a shot. But he's tenacious defending in his own end (a Bulldog), covers his check like glue, hit's a bit for a little guy (not a truck) skates really well and passes the puck up ice effectively.

And the best part is that he gets paid chump change, never complains, and can be slotted into the lineup after sitting 30 straight without missing a beat. The latter attribute is quite uncanny. The ideal #7 imvho.
It was from Elite Prospects.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I'm not disputing what you say, all I'm saying is that the write-up was from Elite Prospects...they probably wrote it years ago.
I know you're not friend. And I also assume it probably written when he was at Harvard and was likely pretty impressive at the level. There are those Biega enthusiasts here in Vancouver (Biega is a cult hero here) that will tell you he does hit hard, shoot hard etc. I'm just trying to help set some realistic expectations with a realist take.

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I know you're not friend. And I also assume it probably written when he was at Harvard and was likely pretty impressive at the level. There are those Biega enthusiasts here in Vancouver (Biega is a cult hero here) that will tell you he does hit hard, shoot hard etc. I'm just trying to help set some realistic expectations with a realist take.
Cool, no worries, I appreciate it. I hope Pope finally figures it out & is some use to the Nucks, though not likely. What are your thoughts on the Ferland signing (term & $) ?

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
Biega , Kaski were called up from GR as Ericsson, Daley on now IR. That also very well explain the trade. Kuffner and Szechnikov were also brought up because Nielsen and AA still out.

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
Cool, no worries, I appreciate it. I hope Pope finally figures it out & is some use to the Nucks, though not likely. What are your thoughts on the Ferland signing (term & $) ?
I've always liked Ferland. Liked the way he plays the game, like his backstory - indigenous kid growing up poor tha males good. All of that.

However I do worry about signing a player in his lAte twenties to term that plays that style. When does he begin to break down? It's already happening with last years 'robust' signing Antoine Roussel who is shelved on long term reserve in his second year here. For that reason I probably wouldn't have done that deal myself. Of course very little that Jim Benning does meets with my personal approval haha. And he sure isn't asking me. ;)

As to Pope, that was obviously the worst player you could offer to lose a contract in order to make the deal work. In the words of the great hockey philosopher Todd Bertuzzi "it is what it is."

Reactions: DATSOMATIC13

Debrincat93

Dec 4, 2002
Michigan
Nhl.com
We can only hope...
well because this is also my thought - wouldnt it have made more sense to call up Kaski (at the time he wasnt called up, now he is) and/or Hicketts than to trade for another dman and see what you have in them? so, seeing they traded for another dman, i kind of want to assume that guys are either more hurt than they thought or a potential trade brewing with a dman not coming back....

or, maybe option 3 is that some of the vets are coming back soon and they'd rather play them and send one of cholo or hronek back to GRg and keep Biega as the 7/8th dman instead of a kid with potential.

i hope not (unless we're aiming for lafreniere)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad