Confirmed with Link: Wings acquire Robby Fabbri for Jacob De La Rose

Ricelund

̶W̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶u̶r̶ ̶t̶e̶a̶m̶
Apr 16, 2006
New York, NY
Looks like the honeymoon phase is already over for DLR in St. Louis. in the Blues forums, they are all saying he should be press box or AHL after just 2 games of him. 2 games, zero shots. while Fabri has 4 points in 3 games for Detroit. They now know they got absolutely fleeced by Stevie in this one.
Really? A few folks in this thread had me thinking Yzerman traded away an amazing 10-point 4th-line winger.

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
I don't think Fabbri has looked that hot outside that first game.
He's got 4 shots on goal. His CF is nasty.

If he was currently a possession monster and shooting machine we would not have gotten him for DLR.
It's all about development, and he looks like he can develop into a top 6 role. Expecting anything else is disingenuous.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
If he was currently a possession monster and shooting machine we would not have gotten him for DLR.
It's all about development, and he looks like he can develop into a top 6 role. Expecting anything else is disingenuous.

And with linemates like Filppula who is anti-shooting, and Athanasiou, who Feleno dedicated an entire thread to how staggeringly bad he has been this year, the CF statistic is kind of difficult to digest at this point.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
I don't think he looks like a top 6er right now.
A shot per game?
Invisible most of the game.
I disagree with your comment, considering he has assists on two GWGs. Even if it was true, I'd take him because:
- PP
- There's nobody else who is ready for a top 6 role on the roster

In other words, he's better than Helm playing top 6.

Reactions: hkydave04

BinCookin

Feb 15, 2012
London, ON
A shot per game?

So is Ovechkin.

Let us stop judging people so quickly. None of our players besides Mantha and Larkin are legit, for sure, top 6ers.

So let's just see who can get 40+ and 50+ points this season and see what happens.

lomekian

Oct 28, 2013
London
A shot per game?
Is invisible most of the game but capable of making excellent plays leading to goals or chances better or worse than visible a lot of the time but incapable of making skilled plays at speed? Because that is alternative ;-)

SimonEdvinssonAtSix

It's possible to commit no mistakes and still lose
Nov 2, 2018
A shot per game?

2 goals and 2 assists in 3 games. An even 0 +/-, on a bottom tier team that has trouble scoring and defending.
The dude has had an unreal start with us. He's not going to be Zetterberg with his 2 way game. He really does remind me of Nyquist. Maybe with a little more edge to his game and less polished stick handling. If you're waiting for him to become a McDavid, you'll be waiting forever. He could become that slick top 6 complementary guy like Nyquist was though.

Remember that this guy is also coming off being benched for a while, into a new team and new system with all new players. And recovering from a serious injury!

Your expectations seem rather high considering the circumstances.

Reactions: kliq and CuJoBin

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Since the Quincey trade came up in a different thread....

Holland: Trades a first round pick for a waiver pickup, who happens to be a player that the Wings waived
Yzerman: Trades waiver pickup for a player picked in first round with the possibility of getting the traded player back on waivers

Yzerman > Holland

Reactions: TheClap

BStinson

Nov 11, 2013

Holland: Trades a first round pick for a waiver pickup, who happens to be a player that the Wings waived
Yzerman: Trades waiver pickup for a player picked in first round with the possibility of getting the traded player back on waivers

Yzerman > Holland
Holland should be given credit for DLR though

kliq

Dec 17, 2017

Yzerman > Holland

You're not wrong, but if you take any one random transaction from GM A that is good, and then compare it to a random transaction from GM B that is bad, its going to look like this.
But I see your point and I am glad Yzerman is now our GM. This move never happens under Holland.

14ari13

Oct 19, 2006
Norway

Yzerman > Holland

Holland's team was at the top of the league. Yzerman's at the very bottom.
Holland traded many picks for players who would put us over the top or improve the team. Holland had plenty of good players, yzerman has 3.

Holland might win another cup this year or next one.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Holland should be given credit for DLR though
Lol, true.

You're not wrong, but if you take any one random transaction from GM A that is good, and then compare it to a random transaction from GM B that is bad, its going to look like this.
But I see your point and I am glad Yzerman is now our GM. This move never happens under Holland.
Of course you can't judge GMs on a single move, that's like judging a player on a single game. I was just trying to be funny.

Holland's team was at the top of the league. Yzerman's at the very bottom.
Holland traded many picks for players who would put us over the top or improve the team. Holland had plenty of good players, yzerman has 3.

Holland might win another cup this year or next one.
In my view, Holland is not a good GM for a rebuild, while Stevie is Can Holland take another team to the Cup? Maybe, we'll see.

Stevie has experience rebuilding a team, while Holland has experience taking a team to the Cup. The GMs are now in situations that suit their strengths. This team though is better off with Stevie right now.

Tirekicker

Dec 30, 2017
In my view, Holland is not a good GM for a rebuild, while Stevie is Can Holland take another team to the Cup? Maybe, we'll see.

Stevie has experience rebuilding a team, while Holland has experience taking a team to the Cup. The GMs are now in situations that suit their strengths. This team though is better off with Stevie right now.

I'm probably in the minority on this, but I feel the jury is still out on how good a builder Yzerman is. Everyone says, "Yzerman is the kind of guy you want building your team in the new NHL. Look at what he did in Tampa." And, I mean, ok, fair enough. But let's not forget that Yzerman inherited Stamkos and Hedman. There are no comparables to either player in Detroit. (Which is why I'm thinking he's ok with the team finishing in the basement this season. We need a Stamkos. Badly.)

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad