Windsor Spitfires 2021 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why does a player have to return next season to be a part of a "how has the team done recently with mid-rounders?" discussion? Angle, Boka, and Purboo (and Luchuk, too, really) don't just disappear from this because they're not returning. Their stats are complete and are certainly as relevant as anyone now.

How r they relevant?
U mean no success relevant?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ok listen I said I won’t argue this and I won’t. That said, there’s a reason your not getting the performance/success, he’s standing behind the bench! That alone is cause for alarm! That handicap will further harm this teams ability to not only succeed on the ice but recruit future players and impede current players development. This teams failures boil down to those in suits being unable to get the job done!!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Ok listen I said I won’t argue this and I won’t. That said, there’s a reason your not getting the performance/success, he’s standing behind the bench! That alone is cause for alarm! That handicap will further harm this teams ability to not only succeed on the ice but recruit future players and impede current players development. This teams failures boil down to those in suits being unable to get the job done!!

As much as I dislike the coaching staff (unless you're including management/ownership in with the suits) the players have to take some responsibility. Imo the drafting hasn't been great or at least good enough to win, the players have maybe performed up to their capabilities but I don't necessarily believe the coaching staff has gotten enough out of them. Then management has made necessary moves to make the group better. Everyone is to blame because if everybody isn't in this boat some aren't being held accountable.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Oh I’m talking about every coach, the GM and certainly the ownership group!! Goalie coach gets a bye here, he knows his stuff!

Reactions: member 71782

PuckStop75

Feb 21, 2019
I don’t think it’s invites. It’s more of a who ever pays goes.
I'm sure if he says he was invited that the organizers approached him about playing. That said, looking at the list of committed players it has become a bit of a grab bag; the costs and cross border issues are likely a limiting factor for some.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I'm sure if he says he was invited that the organizers approached him about playing. That said, looking at the list of committed players it has become a bit of a grab bag; the costs and cross border issues are likely a limiting factor for some.

I think it's a bit of a mish mash in regards to whether it's an invitation or you can play. From reading all canadian players on the 3 american OHL teams are eligible to play because they already have their visas and can travel. For some players on the 17 other teams you have US citizenship I am sure the tournament would be more than glad to have you. As for the kids that don't have visas at this time they probably won't be "invited" or due to the CHL wanting to put on a showcase tournament in Edmonton they won't want to attend this showcase due to 14 day quarantine upon return. I don't think it's a coincidence that 2 of the 3 Spitfires invited are american citizens and it's quite possible Maggio is a dual citizen.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
I notice that O/A Connor Corcoran is now playing for Fort Wayne Comets. Perhaps there might be a chance we see him back in the OHL next season….Spent a lot of time on various injury lists last year, mostly with Henderson.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I notice that O/A Connor Corcoran is now playing for Fort Wayne Comets. Perhaps there might be a chance we see him back in the OHL next season….Spent a lot of time on various injury lists last year, mostly with Henderson.

Always hope.
However if he does come back will this gm trade him in January or sit on his hands again....

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Yea he’s to old. No way they let guys that age play against 16 year olds.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Corcoran is long gone but as for moving forward the interesting year will be Sept of 2022. D'Amico/Ladd/Henault will all be gone, most likely Cuylle/Foudy will be gone, you will have your 3 OAs whether it's Robinson/McDonald/Maggio/Renwick for Sept 22 or a couple guys that aren't even on the roster. You will have the 2020/2021 draft picks having only completed 1 year of play then another crop for the 2022 draft. So it will almost be a completely new roster in Sept 2022 of guys that we haven't seen play an OHL game coming up this October.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
If that's all it is its not much of a cash grab at all. They'll probably get to play a couple rounds of golf as well. Curious as to how they get across the border and back.
Wish them luck...

I did notice that food isn't included which would cost a fair amount for a couple weeks.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
If that's all it is its not much of a cash grab at all. They'll probably get to play a couple rounds of golf as well. Curious as to how they get across the border and back.
Wish them luck...
Ya it works out to approx $55 a day for hotel room and ice. You spend another $30 a day on food and the whole thing is approx $85 a day. If you think this is a lot of money you never had a kid play travel hockey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad