Windsor Spitfires 2021 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

.525 win%. Average, mediocrity.

There was a time when those defending this would have called it unacceptable. There was a time when Windsor first started this trend that we would hear at least Windsor isn't like this team or that team that makes the playoffs, never gets beyond the first round etc.

Now it's acceptable.

Beyond hosting and winning a Memorial Cup in 2017 many of those mediocre teams that many felt Windsor was not like, would never be like have all had as much and more success than Windsor.

As for the coach, I'm going to guess they'll be announce within the next week. Like others, want to see Wellwood or someone better but expectations are be prepared for Smith and probably see the remaining openings filled by others with a lack of experience at this level and connections to the organization.

Hope for the best, but expect for them to come up far short.

Until they start proving people wrong that's where things stand.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Ohltg you should have prefaced everything you say by admitting your a leaf fan. That explains your thought process lmao.

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Ohltg you should have prefaced everything you say by admitting your a leaf fan. That explains your thought process lmao.

Being a Leafs' fan has made me almost numb to playoff losses. As much as I'd love to see the Spits (or Leafs) win the first round, I'm not one to get riled up if they don't make it (save for a dynamic roster that SHOULD go far). When you add in all the stuff that's happened with Covid, right now, I'm just going to be happy to be at the rink, watching live hockey. It'll be a sense of normal and escape; I won't apologize for that.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Being a Leafs' fan has made me almost numb to playoff losses. As much as I'd love to see the Spits (or Leafs) win the first round, I'm not one to get riled up if they don't make it (save for a dynamic roster that SHOULD go far). When you add in all the stuff that's happened with Covid, right now, I'm just going to be happy to be at the rink, watching live hockey. It'll be a sense of normal and escape; I won't apologize for that.

So outcomes of games, season mean nothing?

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Baiisov officially signs with the club.

Spits signing of Baisov now gives them 23 players under contract
3G,8D,12F
Of the 23 players,9 of them are rookies,while Tovell with 2 games in goal,and Jodoin with 4 games played wouldn't be considered vets, not unlike all the teams in the league
reporting their rosters,considering Covid double the amount of rooks.

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits signing of Baisov now gives them 23 players under contract
3G,8D,12F
Of the 23 players,9 of them are rookies,while Tovell with 2 games in goal,and Jodoin with 4 games played wouldn't be considered vets, not unlike all the teams in the league
reporting their rosters,considering Covid double the amount of rooks.

Will c how the rookies develop under a new coach.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Or
Will c how the rookies develop under a new coach.
Or we can ask, near rookies Angle,Corcoran, Douglas year and half,or rookies Cuylle,Foudy,Johnston,Zito how they feel seeing as 5 of the 7 have been drafted and signed by pro teams, plus Johnston 1st rounder,OHL and NHL,along with Zito drafted this year by Detriot
We already know how Sergachev, Stanley,and Sean Day feel about previous coach.

Reactions: Travis Bickle 77

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We're going to have a young team that's hungry to show what they've done during Covid, along with a new coach that's eager to prove themselves.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Or

Or we can ask, near rookies Angle,Corcoran, Douglas year and half,or rookies Cuylle,Foudy,Johnston,Zito how they feel seeing as 5 of the 7 have been drafted and signed by pro teams, plus Johnston 1st rounder,OHL and NHL,along with Zito drafted this year by Detriot

Hows that?

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Hows that?

If you are asking re the last sentence or 2 regarding Sergachev et all,those players have that Windsor's last coach was the best coach they ever had and is a good reason where they are in their respective careers.
Coaches do have impacts on players whether you agree or not.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Or

Angle and Corcoran did improve under Letowski. But the other really didn’t. I bet with better coaching the other 5 would have been drafted higher as 3 of those guys stayed about the same under TL and the other 2 only played 1 year under him. As for Stanley, Day and Sergy they never really played for him as a head coach.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If you are asking re the last sentence or 2 regarding Sergachev et all,those players have that Windsor's last coach was the best coach they ever had and is a good reason where they are in their respective careers.
Coaches do have impacts on players whether you agree or not.

Im sure they were very excited to have hockey done early April every year...

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Im sure they were very excited to have hockey done early April every year...

Except Day stopped in April the only year he faced that scenario,returned 45 days later and won a Mem Cup,dont think he minded, ditto for Sergachev plus a year,Stanley got healed and won a cup too,dont think he minded either at end of the day as Windsor finished early the 3 years he was here
Doubt their careers have been negatively affected,like the fact they all express positive memories, learnings from their times here,world is not all negative all the time 7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Except Day stopped in April the only year he faced that scenario,returned 45 days later and won a Mem Cup,dont think he minded, ditto for Sergachev plus a year,Stanley got healed and won a cup too,dont think he minded either at end of the day as Windsor finished early the 3 years he was here
Doubt their careers have been negatively affected,like the fact they all express positive memories, learnings from their times here,world is not all negative all the time 7

The Memorial cup they hosted...

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
With the signing of Baisov
by Windsor my lines upfront would be
Foudy,Cuylle, Miedema
Abraham,Damico, Maggio
Johnston,Zito,McDonald
O'Flaherty, Baisov, Birkett
That's of course assuming Foudy returns instead of being assigned to the AHL
If that happens I do the following with the lines
Abraham, Cuylle,McDonald