The most recent like from Will Cuylle's dad:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 1.08.32 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2019-04-11 at 1.08.32 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 307

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Azim Parekh reminds me of Lavar Ball(except Lavar is a great self promoter/funny). Lavar wanted desperately for his sons to play together in college or find a way to get them all on the same NBA team. Obviously that didn't work. The difference is Azim has the money to possibly make that dream happen. Azim just has to find someone that could create a Big Baller Brand skate and he will be rolling.

Reactions: windsor7 and KyGuy9

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Doesn't the sale still have to be approved by the OHL? If the OHL fans continue to complain about these draft picks and question the future of the organization and the OHL, maybe the sale will be rejected?

I don't think Branch has another son willing to step up to GM the Spitfires...

Any former Spits got $12-$13 Million laying around to buy this sinking ship if Parekh gets denied?

Right now, all we're out really is a 5th round pick. I actually like picking up Tovell in the 2nd round, and figure he may have a chance here if Medina doesn't report and there's not a Parekh between the pipes.

I think you pick up some competition in the trade market, but he was one of my favourites. I wouldn't count on him for next year, but after a year in Jr. A, I think he may be worth a look ala Mitch Weeks in Sudbury.

Besides, I think you are going to want someone good to pair with Piiroinen next year. Piiroinen does not exactly look like a bonafide starter, and I don't think he has a guaranteed job either. If Windsor likes a goalie in prospect camp a lot (i.e Tovell, or if Medina shows up), they may decide to let Piiroinen go and let the prospect take over the backup job. With fans already uneasy, I'm not sure having an uncertain goalie situation, especially after 4 years of DiPietro, is the type of message they want to send. Piiroinen as anything more than a backup next year would not be ideal IMO.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Warren's tone has never been like this...

“It’s just a draft,” said Spitfires general manager and minority owner Warren Rychel, who would not talk about the sale of the team. “We went through two drafts and that’s what’s happened. We drafted kids with potential.”

SeaOfBlue

The Passion That Unites Us All
Aug 1, 2013
Ed Jovanovski should just team up with Aaron Ekblad to buy the team. More than enough money between them. Both live in Florida now, but they were born in Windsor. I'm sure they still have ties to the city.

hullsy47

Dec 7, 2005
Ed Jovanovski should just team up with Aaron Ekblad to buy the team. More than enough money between them. Both live in Florida now, but they were born in Windsor. I'm sure they still have ties to the city.
l
how much is this cat worth ..? maybe he can buy a whole league LMAO
he might be worth 100 million
might be a global company

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
No word of commitment from Spits top pick Johnston as rumoured sale of team lingers
Rychel was unable to provide a phone number for Parekh or third-round pick Eric Vitale.
“Offensive upside from the blue line and he thinks the game,” Rychel said of Parekh.
In the second round, the Spitfires added six-foot-two, 167-pound goaltender Matthew Tovell, who played with the Kingston Frontenacs minor midgets.
“Tovell was a highly ranked goalie on our list,” Rychel said. “He’s a good goalie and had a great year and was much improved from minor midget.”
The 17-year-old Tovell is from Belleville, but made the drive to play in Kingston.
“I’ve done that three of the last four years,” Tovell said. “It’s definitely a commitment, but if you want something you have to be willing to work for it.”
In 19 games, Tovell posted a 2.74 goals-against average.
“Just throughout the whole season, this is the goal and this is the dream,” Tovell said. “I worked really hard and to be called by anyone is a great feeling. I know they’re a great organization and I’m looking forward to heading there.”
Parekh, Tovell and Vitale are all expected to be in Windsor for a prospects camp at the WFCU Centre on Saturday. Like Parekh, Rychel did not have a number available for Vitale, who split time with the Toronto Jr. Canadiens minor midgets and Toronto Red Wings major midgets this past season.
“Versatile, two-way winger,” Rychel said of Vitale, who is a left-hand shot that plays the right side

This seems to be Parker telling folks that these are Azim Parekh forced picks. WR would have a contact number for players he was interested in drafting to have reached out to them prior to the drafting. Interesting though I thought I read Tovell had Parekh connections as well.

Otto

Lynch Syndrome. Know your families cancer history
Many franchises have survived this and Windsor’s will too.
You’re not the first and won’t be the last

No... No franchise has had a potential new owner create a minimum of two burner accounts on a message board, forced the hand of a current owner/GM into drafting his unranked son in the 5th round, reached out on twitter to a known leaker of information, and then forced that same current owner/GM into drafting his other son in the first round of the U18 draft ... all before the potential sale even brought before the BoG

There could be more to add to this list, if anyone has anything more please let me know, I haven't started my letter to Branch yet.

Firebrd828

Oct 21, 2015
Man, do I feel for you guys right now. In Flint, we've just gotten through seeing what 4 years of clearing roster space and playing time for someone who is clearly not up to speed can do to a team. I'm not even sure that we're completely through it yet...might still take a while.

As for a new team name...how about the "Windsor You're Gonna Feel a Little Pressure, But This Will Only Hurt For a Little Bit"...??? Kinda wordy, but appropriate, I think.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
The OHL is proud to announce a new dental program. This program provided by "Smiles", is another incentive for prospective parents interested in having their son play in the worlds best league (no kidding)!
Free mouth guard with a promise you will report, to the team drafting your child.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor Spitfire season ticket incentive!
Free dental cleaning with every season ticket purchased.
Free dental screening if you attend the camp this weekend.
D33W1yzWAAEYFF0.jpg

Smiles will be at camp!

Oldspitsfan

Nov 24, 2013
The Spitfires should immediately fire Rychel or free him up to do his job in the best interest of the team. He should do the damn job properly or resign. How can someone of his stature be forced into drafting players that don’t possess an acceptable talent level. Prostitution is a crime Warren!
I could tolerate picking up the new owners children as free agents and make them go through the junior C and B route. To waste a fifth round pick on inferior talent is a detriment to the organization and the fans. Why would I or any season ticket holder pay $600 to watch a team with no direction or a leadership group that has been neutered?
PS. It’s not the kids fault and they should be treated as respectfully as all the other participants at the mini camp

member 71782

D33W1yzWAAEYFF0.jpg

Smile though your heart is aching
Smile even though it's breaking
When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by
If you smile through your fear and sorrow
Smile and maybe tomorrow
You'll see the sun come shining through for you

That was perfect.

Otto

Here is my e-mail to Mr. Branch...

I have been a season ticket holder of the London Knights for 16 seasons. I wanted to share with you my concerns over the potential sale of the Windsor Spitfires. It is my belief and the belief of many that this sale would not only be damaging for the Spitfires, but to the entire league. The OHL is slowly recovering from the ownership interference displayed in Flint, but now it has started again with more intensity in Windsor, even before the new owner has been announced. The drafting of unranked Isa Parekh in the 5th round of Saturday's draft was very obviously the result of the potential new owner imposing his will on the franchise in order to have a place for his son to play. Add in the drafting of Aydin Parekh 5th overall in yesterdays U18 draft and you have the recipe for disaster.
This season the Spitfires saw their attendance decrease by 12.3% over last season, and it's down 16.1% from the season before. The events of the last few days are not going to install any confidence back into the Windsor fan base. The league owners should be very concerned about the stability of this franchise. We have already seen the parent of one player display their concerns on twitter Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread

I have been one of the few (if not only) people who have stood up for you in the past. I understand the OHL is a business and I appreciate the decisions that need to be made. I don't buy into the comments that you are "Anti-one team" or "Pro-one team" as fans from all around the league suggest (I'm sure you've seen the comments). As a Knights fan I have a vested interest to see the Spitfires fail on the ice, but not this way. This situation is not good for the league at all and it's already making the league look bad. Yes we have seen sons of owners get drafted before, but this situation pales in comparison to those.
I think part of the issue I have with this is the potential for a free ride to University for a couple of kids who have not earned it, and their family can obviously afford to send them to any school they wish. Perhaps it's time to exclude family of ownership from the education package.
I am asking you to please scrutinize this deal with the Board of Governors. My hope is that this deal does not go through, but if it does safeguards are put into place to prevent any further ownership interference.
Thank you for your time,

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Whoever they are, the username is nowhere to be found and all posts have been deleted.... I'm still going with potential new owner

Yeah, I mean does this site have an avenue to get your account deleted and post history scrubbed? If I requested it - would it happily be done for me? I'd guess he made a "doxxing" claim and how his identity was revealed.

I figured this was going to happen - but didn't care enough to screencap his posts. I think his posts still appear if they were quoted.

Reactions: Otto

Otto

Yeah, I mean does this site have an avenue to get your account deleted and post history scrubbed? If I requested it - would it happily be done for me? I'd guess he made a "doxxing" claim and how his identity was revealed.

I figured this was going to happen - but didn't care enough to screencap his posts. I think his posts still appear if they were quoted.

Some do... I was trying to find the post where OHLTG outed him, but I couldn't find it... I found some others though

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->