Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
No its not..but money changes people we all know that.

Dont tell me that the Daddy didnt tll him his intentions before hand.....did he just spring them on him last Sat and tonight.Cmon now.......dont BS a BS'er.

Money changes people, but Rychel has acted very different in the press over the last week. I don't sense a relaxed, calm. "I've got mone, we good" WR; much more "let's get this over with." Having talked to him numerous times, I'm confident he's not happy about any of this.

MJ5

Targeted Poster
Sponsor
Apr 5, 2016
Flint
I'm not sure how he expected it to turn out... you said it yourself... 5th round... could have easily buried the kid in the 12th

Lets go full conspiracy theory here. Maybe Branch told someone to take his kid in the 6th or 7th round, so he couldn't draft his own son in the 12th, some how he got word of that and made them pull the trigger earlier. :scared::scared::scared:

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Money changes people, but Rychel has acted very different in the press over the last week. I don't sense a relaxed, calm. "I've got mone, we good" WR; much more "let's get this over with." Having talked to him numerous times, I'm confident he's not happy about any of this.
Look TG I like Warren and hes done miracles here with what he's had to work with sanctions and all. But Ive lost my respect for him by allowing these picks to occur and this firestorm which is far from over.If he's not happy he knows what to do.Now that the damage has been done.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So, if you owned something for 13+ years, put your heart and soul into it, and then, with the flick of a switch, all this happened...you wouldn't be frustrated? Judging by what we've seen so far, this isn't the Rychel we've come to know. Money is great and does a lot, but he's seen money his whole life. This whole thing has become a cluster and it's pretty clear to me that he's doing his best to deal with it. Fans aren't happy, probably the angriest I've seen them in fact, and it's very new territory. I doubt anyone wanted it to turn out like this.

Yes Warren is in a tough position. He's partly in this position because he sold interest to Savage/Schwab who have majority control. When that happens Warren is pretty much an employee of those guys in the sense Warren is at their mercy when it comes time for decisions to be made. Those guys decided to sell the franchise and unless he wanted to buy back controlling interest he really can't do anything about this. So he's acting in the best interests of Savage/Schwab because Rychel is still going to make out with a profit. Does Warren want to do this? Probably not. Is it in his best interests to protect himself and quite possibly be employed still if the NHL doesn't come knocking?? Absolutely.

Reactions: windsor7 and OHLTG

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Yes Warren is in a tough position. He's partly in this position because he sold interest to Savage/Schwab who have majority control. When that happens Warren is pretty much an employee of those guys in the sense Warren is at their mercy when it comes time for decisions to be made. Those guys decided to sell the franchise and unless he wanted to buy back controlling interest he really can't do anything about this. So he's acting in the best interests of Savage/Schwab because Rychel is still going to make out with a profit. Does Warren want to do this? Probably not. Is it in his best interests to protect himself and quite possibly be employed still if the NHL doesn't come knocking?? Absolutely.

These guys are millionaires so if they want to hwore themselves out so be it. Im not going to shed any tears for them.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

comment ca va

Sep 18, 2018
If I bought a business for $6mill and built it up over 13 years and sold it for $13 mill I wouldn’t be losing sleep over it.

Tarantula

Hanging around the web
Aug 31, 2017
GTA
The Windsor Smile Spitfires, bear and grin it.

I hope this gets worked out better then it is looking, a strong franchise is always a asset to the league.

member 71782

The Windsor Smile Spitfires, bear and grin it.

I hope this gets worked out better then it is looking, a strong franchise is always a asset to the league.

Anyone good with photoshop and memes?

A shot of Bomber with a sparkling smile would suit this quite well.

Edit:

upload_2019-4-10_23-38-9.png

Last edited by a moderator:

Savard18

Feb 10, 2015
Flint, MI
part 2

No word of commitment from Spits top pick Johnston as rumoured sale of team lingers

In the second round, the Spitfires added six-foot-two, 167-pound goaltender Matthew Tovell, who played with the Kingston Frontenacs minor midgets.
“Tovell was a highly ranked goalie on our list,” Rychel said. “He’s a good goalie and had a great year and was much improved from minor midget.”
The 17-year-old Tovell is from Belleville, but made the drive to play in Kingston.
“I’ve done that three of the last four years,” Tovell said. “It’s definitely a commitment, but if you want something you have to be willing to work for it.”
In 19 games, Tovell posted a 2.74 goals-against average.
“Just throughout the whole season, this is the goal and this is the dream,” Tovell said. “I worked really hard and to be called by anyone is a great feeling. I know they’re a great organization and I’m looking forward to heading there.”
^^^^^This is Part One of the most messed up parts of the situation. There's two other kids with similar stories to this kid who won't get the same chance this year. There's still kids and parents out there like that who aren't scamming the system or playing games to be only on the one team they want. Which I'm not COMPLETELY against but it is refreshing to read young Mr Tovell's comments. Messed up Part 2? Imagine being a 15 or 17yo Parekh right now reading the OHL threads all excited or whatever. Not for long. Why would you put your kid through that?

SpezzaNoLookDropPass

May 25, 2016
What a disaster you guys having got on your hands. Best of the luck from North Bay, this thread will certainly been interesting come rookie camp il be sure to tune in. Can only hope this sale is somehow blocked would be an embarrassment to the entire league. Feel awful for you guys

Knights Watcher

Jan 7, 2018
Holy crap what a $H!tshow! As a Knights fan and a fan of the Windsor-London rivalry I sincerely hope this doesn't turn into a Flint situation. Lots of young talent for the Spits to build on, but if this new 'owner' is what he seems to be, it could be all for naught. I can't imagine an OHL without a London-Windsor or Sarnia-Windsor rivalry. I hope this is just a bad dream!!

member 71782

Well with all the speculation, including on my part and without trying to be too negative or too positive sounding depending on how its looked at even though it may be a journey that will not be travelled in a more traditional way if this guy does everything else right beyond buying a spot for his to play and his ultimate goal is to not only give them a chance to play at such a high level but to actually give them a chance at a championship together then, as I've posted a couple of other time times the last couple of days he does have a chance to do things just right even if it has to come from a tough start such as players not reporting this year etc.

It's a path similar to what the current group did in the beginning, strip the team down, take their lumps for a year or two while building up assets and young talent while being on a timeline that has all three sons playing together four years from now on a loaded roster with the means and ability to actually make a run.

Is it likely? Who's to say and this early start sure doesn't inspire a lot of confidence in that being the case.

Is it possible? Yes and I won't rehash everything I posted before in previous posts but the sales job to get the talent here will take work after this fiasco and it will require the new guy to realize that there are better minds who know what they are doing that can accomplish this for him if he is willing to get out of the way and let them do their job.

I still think it's best for all involved to find a better solution but with that not likely to happen all involved need to realize that without the fans their investment is pretty much worthless in the current market.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm willing to start a Go Fund Me page with a $15 Million target. If Windsor STH pitch in the amount they would have paid for their tickets that's a good start. Once we hit the $15MIL mark, we make a late offer to buy the Spits. I'm sure you guys couldnt be any worse owners than what's on the horizon.

Only if we can draft a scrapper in the first round next season.....

member 71782

How many people on here would actually have any clue into how to run an organization?

We all have our opinions so the decision making process would be a bit on the rough side.

Then all involved, regardless of their perceived positive/negative opinions would have to deal with the reality of actually dealing with reality.

Reactions: OHL4Life and OHLTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->