Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 4)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

While it would have been nice to get a pick for Incze this should at least settle the goaltending to start the season.

Let's see what Piiroinen and Medina can do between the two of them. Both young and hopefully both feeling the need to prove themselves.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
The Spitfires goaltending duo... have appeared in 29 games in the OHL. All credited to Piiroinen and while stats are not the bee all & end all a .875 save % should not warm the cockles of your heart. One would hope the Vipers have a warm body that can back up our tenders in an emergency.
**** nice of the Branford 99ers to let the Spit fans know that Colton Incze has left Windsor in his rear window. No word from the local team as yet.

Reactions: member 71782

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I have never understood how people say "we can't say positive things" that's been mentioned 2-3 times in the last 2 days and those people have been positive.

Trust me I don't think a lot of fans over look other teams rosters and what they return. Does anyone here believe Windsor has the talent of London/Kitchener/Saginaw???

I would also say a lot of opinions are based upon what's also returning with the coaching staff. Do we even know if Letowski is the type of coach that Bowler wants? We need to remember this is the coach Rychel wanted not the coach Bowler wanted.

C'mon lets be honest here! If a Windsor Spitfire fan came on this thread for the first time what do you think there opinion would be? Yes people on here can post what ever they want (well....to an extent, mods) but I think some might be jumping the gun a bit. No one knows how this season will turn out yet. The current owners did say that they are going to provide a better fan experience and some are saying it is smoke and mirrors!.....The season has not even started yet! :laugh: How do you know of this? In all honesty whatever the Savages do at this point......I don't think it will be good enough for some no matter what. They have a lot to prove as do many others, from Owners to Bowler to Coaches etc. Training camp has not even started yet, I am going to let some time pass before I even consider passing judgement or giving an opinion on this upcoming season.

Reactions: OHLTG

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Now don't get me wrong, my last post was not start an argument or debate, it was simply relaying knowledge that I personally know. Others might contradict my opinion and information. I do believe there is validity to some posts that some might consider "Negative" There are a lot of wrongs that need to be addressed. Winning a playoff round is what I really want to see this season!! That is where I set my bar (Opinion). TL & company need to show the fans and ownership why he is the guy, to this present time I personally think he is not. There needs to be a major improvement in offensive systems, utilizing certain players to their strengths, not the opposite. The PP really needs a 180 from last season. Defense really needs to show improvement. With all that said though, I hope to be surprised. I honestly do not know or can predict what is going to happen this season. As a paying STH I want to see changes, I am in the camp that there is going to be some. Ether way I will be @ the games rooting for the Spits!

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
100% - the "streak" needs to end this season. They need to make the second round, period. Personally, I think if that doesn't happen, TL is gone. You can't return most of your roster, with the talent they have, and not make noise. It's unacceptable.

Reactions: randomhero4life

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
How in the world would you know of another group that is going to take over this team?

It is obvious that this team will be run on a shoestring budget. It should be another interesting draft with very few scouts doing the work required.

I hope the Spits don't bottom out!
Because I know people and I have heard exactly that from more than one place. Choose to believe it or not don’t really care lol.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So once again my info is BS but you have no idea if my info is credible or not?!?! Go back a bit and see how much of my BS is indeed fact! Thanks for your input it’s highly valued!!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
100% - the "streak" needs to end this season. They need to make the second round, period. Personally, I think if that doesn't happen, TL is gone. You can't return most of your roster, with the talent they have, and not make noise. It's unacceptable.

They make noise every year.
Its mostly the sound of crickets in April.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

What's with this 100% stuff?? And if he doesn't??? If he can coach a team that loses 27 of their last 31 games and not face the blame why would he get ousted for not getting out of round 1?? They were returning 14 players last year from the 17/18 team. Losing 27 of 31 is unacceptable, not getting out of round 1 isn't really unacceptable.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Losing 27 of 31 is unacceptable, not getting out of round 1 isn't really unacceptable.

So, wait, you're okay if they don't make it out of round one? The streak needs to end this season; they need to get to the second round. There's no reason it shouldn't happen. This is odd - I'm actually criticizing and being told I'm wrong?! :laugh::laugh:

As far as the "gossip" goes - believe what you wish, don't believe what you wish, but realize that people actually do know stuff. It's not that strange.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
So, wait, you're okay if they don't make it out of round one? The streak needs to end this season; they need to get to the second round. There's no reason it shouldn't happen. This is odd - I'm actually criticizing and being told I'm wrong?! :laugh::laugh:

As far as the "gossip" goes - believe what you wish, don't believe what you wish, but realize that people actually do know stuff. It's not that strange.

1 round of playoffs might not do it for some fans to come back. Have to be consistent. Only thing they have been consistent of is of the negative things.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

What gossip???

You totally missed the point. If losing 27 of 31 isn't deemed unacceptable why would a 1st round exit be deemed that? Nobody has said you are wrong but I would be curious why this year they have to win a round considering they have a new GM etc.. Why didn't they have to win won after year 3 or 5 or 7 etc.. The ownership wants to win obviously but I doubt if they didn't fire him after this past year they would put some arbitrary win or else on the coach this year.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
What gossip

Read above.

Nobody has said you are wrong but I would be curious why this year they have to win a round considering they have a new GM etc.. Why didn't they have to win won after year 3 or 5 or 7 etc.. The ownership wants to win obviously but I doubt if they didn't fire him after this past year they would put some arbitrary win or else on the coach this year.

You have the same coaches and much of the same roster. I'm still chalking the late-season struggles up to inexperience and there's no reason they can't get into the second round this season. If they don't, I can see changes being made.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Read above.

You have the same coaches and much of the same roster. I'm still chalking the late-season struggles up to inexperience and there's no reason they can't get into the second round this season. If they don't, I can see changes being made.

And if no changes are made???
Shrugs.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Spits finally posted some News...
Windsor, ON) – We’ve got a series of announcements from the past few days, including a player transaction with the Kingston Frontenacs.
FRASCA TO THE LIMESTONE CITY
2001-born forward Jordan Frasca has been traded to the Kingston Frontenacs for a sixth-round pick in 2022, general manager Bill Bowler has announced.
Originally a 7th round pick (#125 overall) in 2017 the Caledon, Ontario native played in a career-high 60 games during the 2018-19 season, registering nine goals and 14 assists.
“We’ve got a lot of forwards in our ranks this season and beyond. Jordan is a skilled player with a lot of upside that will benefit from the increased ice-time he will see with a good, young Frotenacs team. We thank him for his two years in Windsor and wish him luck in Kingston.”
SYKES JOINS SCOUTING STAFF
Andrew Sykes is the newest member of the Club’s scouting staff.
Bowler says the former Director of Scouting with TheScout.ca and current LaSalle Vipers head scout will fill a variety of roles.
“Andrew is a young, hungry guy that is passionate about the game. I have seen his work as director of scouting at TheScout.ca and during his time in Lasalle. We feel fortunate and excited to have him join our team. He watches hundreds of games a year and will bring energy and commitment to his role.”
WILSON AND MATHIAS RENEWED
Goalie Coach Perry Wilson and Director of Analytics and Video Evan Mathias will each return for the 2018-19 season.
Wilson enters his third season while Mathias is set for his fourth year.
Bowler says both are valuable pieces to the puzzle for a Club on the rise.
“We’re happy to have Perry back in the fold. He continues to work at his craft and strives to constantly learn and better himself. That approach and the continuity of having him back can only benefit our goalies. Evan is a quality individual who works tirelessly to assist the coaching staff in a number of areas.”

Reactions: member 71782

member 71782

Windsor has their preseason roster posted,one name missing, Cole Purboo.

Oversight or something else not yet announced?

The only other signed player not listed is Jodoin who is likely slated for LaSalle.

Last edited by a moderator:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
That's very interesting. I haven't heard a peep about Purboo to this point so no idea. I'm hoping an oversight?

I'd guess Jodoin comes to camp then heads to LaSalle.

member 71782

I'm guessing just an oversight plus any preseason roster posted before camp has limited value most of the time. It usually just gives an indication of who is already signed with camp invitees still pushing for spots/to be signed.

Didn't know if I missed something but with no one posting anything I think that's unlikely.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
If there was something on Purboo already, we'd have heard about it. At this time of year, rumours are at least somewhat there if stuff is happening. It's tough to keep it 100% quiet.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If there was something on Purboo already, we'd have heard about it. At this time of year, rumours are at least somewhat there if stuff is happening. It's tough to keep it 100% quiet.

Maybe they r actually keeping things quiet. New concept.
But i think just a oversite.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad