Windsor Spitfires 2019 Offseason Thread (Part 2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Is it summer? Yes. Is it going to be an interesting month? Yes. I don't think anyone can really deny that there's a lot going on.

For the spitfires the last many many years, come April it is summer for them.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Why throw digs yet again 7?? Your rhetoric is getting old!!! History is common knowledge we all know it pretty well. Any chance you might have something constructive to say??? Rayzor, yes if your plan was to buy the team and your going to insert your ideas into the draft you better have some people around you that you trust!!! I know your hockey knowledge is limited but trust me the draft is one of the years biggest events. You DONT go in without being fully prepared!

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
So there’s a great many former players with the assets and ability to own the spits. Let’s hope that’s the case for the teams own good. Lots of small talk out there, rumours galore. No one is willing to confirm anything. Could write a book with some of the things I’m hearing. There could be some very good news coming out of this !!

Reactions: scokan and OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We've had non-hockey people sell to hockey people before. That worked out pretty well.

It's amusing to me - when there's no talk of anything, people want action. They thrive on it. "This team did something, why hasn't Windsor??" When action happens, even in just talk, "rumours are ridiculous!!" I'll take chatter that creates some discussion, even if nothing turns up from it. At least it gives us something to think about.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Why throw digs yet again 7?? Your rhetoric is getting old!!! History is common knowledge we all know it pretty well. Any chance you might have something constructive to say??? Rayzor, yes if your plan was to buy the team and your going to insert your ideas into the draft you better have some people around you that you trust!!! I know your hockey knowledge is limited but trust me the draft is one of the years biggest events. You DONT go in without being fully prepared!

What u find constructive is up to u.
Dont read the posts if it bothers u.

Reactions: ohl17 and Teflon

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

You don't get the point that I am saying. They couldn't sweep the scouting staff because the ownership change hadn't taken place and they would just be using this current group to fill it in. Where did I ever say going into the draft without being prepared? Good stuff to throw in a dig looks like game on Tef.

Reactions: aresknights

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm just going to leave this here...(and it has nothing to do with the above battle... really)

a152603256da52c6dcb534804a799edf--weather-memes-funny-weather.jpg

GBFP

Sep 24, 2009
Parekh deal fell through because he failed to meet financing deadlines/benchmarks required by the BOG. There is another Toronto-based group very interested and might be even into purchasing process, not sure if this is the ex-NHLers or a different group. I wonder if the gongshow atmosphere surrounding Parekh's bid scared off other potential partners and sunk the deal.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Lol it’s always on with u rayzor! I m ok with my comments. You’ve admitted as much... hope ur right Otto if that’s the case Parekh is out for sure.

OHL4Life

Sep 6, 2017
former/current nhler (he may retire) that played with the spits and a few other alumi in a group?

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Believe we'll see the Windsor #Spitfires change the structure of their current makeup and that's all that will be done for now.
Believe we'll see Warren Rychel step out as an owner, Bob Boughner take less, and Cypher take more.
#OHL

From OHL Insiders

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Believe we'll see the Windsor #Spitfires change the structure of their current makeup and that's all that will be done for now.
Believe we'll see Warren Rychel step out as an owner, Bob Boughner take less, and Cypher take more.
#OHL

From OHL Insiders

Bingo!

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
If true, why? Season tickets are down both renewal and new, the drama created etc.

The Savage’s were rumoured to be the catalyst to sell. Why buy more now? Easier way to off load in the future since they have the power?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
#OHL

From OHL Insiders

So Boughner was the one that was lock step in regards to selling to Parekh since he probably had a larger say in the matter.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
If true, why? Season tickets are down both renewal and new, the drama created etc.
The Savage’s were rumoured to be the catalyst to sell. Why buy more now? Easier way to off load in the future since they have the power?

It will all come out in the wash.....well perhaps not all but most of it. However to this point we have seen nothing and heard nothing from the ownership group. Just a guess on my part but you have to expect their I-phones are overheating...

HockeyCartier73

May 30, 2019
Windsor
#OHL

From OHL Insiders
Cypher Systems Group will control a huge majority. Expect Rychel to step down. Bowler to take over hockey operations. Announcement will be soon rather than later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->