Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
Pirroinen should be starting next weekend in the backup role and should stay there until Medina shows he can't run with it as the starter. I don't think he was horrible but he wasn't any where near as good as he needs to be. I'd even look into moving him for an import forward that needs a fresh start or something, he gives me no confidence at all when he's in the net. Go with Medina and shop for a veteran backup/platoon mate for him and we're much better off.

It was 3 games in 4 playing in a difficult barn but we still were in the game all night. A timely save after we make it 3-2 and then showing a bit of discipline could have changed the outcome on this. Their goalie out played ours and we took some dumb penalties, that was the difference.

Please tell me that you aren't serious. You seriously want to dump Piiroinen in favor of Medina? After four games? Don't get me wrong, I think that Medina will be a fine goalie in this league but I think that it's a little early to be giving up on Piiroinen. ... don't forget, he is one of the top two or three goalies in his age group in Finland. He has had problems but the main problem that affected him last year has been corrected. Add in the fact that he has been working on his rebound control and I think that everything will be fine. Yes, you need a goalie to steal a game or two or come up with big timely saves but I think that the Spitfires would be better to focus on their special teams play and undisciplined play rather than goaltending.

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
As far as attendance goes, I think that the Spits are trying to attract more fans... more weekend games, Thursday night throwback deals, Saturday pregame parties and monthly concession deals .... I know that they have had a change in personnel behind the scenes especially in the fan development area... maybe this will work and bring more people in.... we will have to see. Don't forget... Rome wasn't built in a day and the Spitfires attendance woes won't be fixed after 2 home games

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
As far as attendance goes, I think that the Spits are trying to attract more fans... more weekend games, Thursday night throwback deals, Saturday pregame parties and monthly concession deals .... I know that they have had a change in personnel behind the scenes especially in the fan development area... maybe this will work and bring more people in.... we will have to see. Don't forget... Rome wasn't built in a day and the Spitfires attendance woes won't be fixed after 2 home games

They probably should of been trying to fix the attendance from 2012. Lol
I not sure the low attendance will be fixed this year.

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Please tell me that you aren't serious. You seriously want to dump Piiroinen in favor of Medina? After four games? Don't get me wrong, I think that Medina will be a fine goalie in this league but I think that it's a little early to be giving up on Piiroinen. ... don't forget, he is one of the top two or three goalies in his age group in Finland. He has had problems but the main problem that affected him last year has been corrected. Add in the fact that he has been working on his rebound control and I think that everything will be fine. Yes, you need a goalie to steal a game or two or come up with big timely saves but I think that the Spitfires would be better to focus on their special teams play and undisciplined play rather than goaltending.
Yeah, I'm serious. I don't care where he ranks among other Fin goalie prospects at his age, that doesn't mean anything. Somewhere out there is the best left handed brain surgeon in all of Afghanistan but I bet he's not the guy you're calling to remove a tumor. Based on what I've seen its probably a very down year for Finish goalies if that kid is being tossed in the mix among the best. At a certain point that hype about his pedigree among Finish goaltending prospects needs to translate to on ice performance but I haven't seen it yet. I didn't see it last year, and I don't see any signs of it so far this year. I see a guy who routinely lets in goals when the team needs a save. Medina was better, hands down. Why waste any more time on an import goalie that isn't performing as well as your domestic prospect? You can only dress a set number of imports so spending a spot on somebody who does not perform up to snuff puts you at a disadvantage.

Reactions: OHL 17
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->