Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Some of those select guys especially 2 or 3 from the D play on the PP too,toss in the fact alot of penalties will restrict playing time for the offensive guys up front not to play,
teams prefer a consistent standard applied to both teams not just 1.

So Windsor gets no breaks at all from officials?? WOW

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Never said that
Though I notice that so far this season I have to see Windsor get 6 of the 1st 7 powerplays in a game have you.

Officials have been the same each year.
Its bad for all teams.
Though most people dont use it as a excuse.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Gee guys they start 3-1 and some are calling for a shake up and trades?!?!?! Get a grip!! Personally think it’s a great start. Now you wanna address the horrible special teams, that’s a huge issue moving on. I’m truly hoping we see better from the staff but I’m not hopeful! There is firepower there and you’ve got some better guys not contributing much yet. The D?? Still questionable imho. Same basic issues that leads back to systems and coaching. You need solid special teams and with 2 young goalies you better have a solid D!!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So the team is 3-1 and you can't be bothered by the fact the PP is still abysmal??? Should the PP be better than last year? I certainly hope so. The idea of the light going on with this PP and it being an asset for this team is certainly dwindling though.

I still think they will have similar issues to the past few years. This team is some talent but deficient in certain areas where their margin for error is so slim. Did they play well against Hamilton? Yes, of course it was always tied or 1 goal game for over 50 minutes. The game against Erie on Thurs was close the whole way as well. If you keep playing close games you will leave a lot of things out of your hands.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On the flip side, though, they're winning the close games that they weren't winning at the end of last season. Wasn't that a big issue on here? I'll take the two points from a close win over "why did we let it slip away?" any day. As far as the special teams; yep, struggling, but it's also a very small sample size. Work on that in practice and don't let it become something of concern for much longer.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
On the flip side, though, they're winning the close games that they weren't winning at the end of last season. Wasn't that a big issue on here? I'll take the two points from a close win over "why did we let it slip away?" any day. As far as the special teams; yep, struggling, but it's also a very small sample size. Work on that in practice and don't let it become something of concern for much longer.

That depends you can say it's a small sample but.... When you only have 11 PP's in 4 games how much can the PP improve if you're not creating any PP opportunities??? I would say it wasn't necessarily not winning the close games it was that they weren't winning any games in the 2nd half. You still don't understand but when you constantly play close games you're not going to win them all.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I would say it wasn't necessarily not winning the close games it was that they weren't winning any games in the 2nd half. You still don't understand but when you constantly play close games you're not going to win them all.

Would you rather win 3-of-4, or lose 27-of-31? Those are the two stories we've faced. Imagine if we had lost 3-of-4 under the same circumstances.

When you only have 11 PP's in 4 games how much can the PP improve if you're not creating any PP opportunities???

You improve by working on it during practice. There's only so much you can do, as a team, to generate chances during a game. If a team is disciplined, they're not going to take penalties.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Would you rather win 3-of-4, or lose 27-of-31? Those are the two stories we've faced. Imagine if we had lost 3-of-4 under the same circumstances.

You improve by working on it during practice. There's only so much you can do, as a team, to generate chances during a game. If a team is disciplined, they're not going to take penalties.

You just used the same metric where you brought up small sample size for the PP. 31 games>>>>>4 games. Do you think they have been practicing the PP last year and this year??? I don't think the practice of the PP has anything to do with it's ineffectiveness.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You just used the same metric where you brought up small sample size for the PP. 31 games>>>>>4 games.

I'm aware, but the point still stands - this place would have been utterly annoyed if the team started 1-3 instead of 3-1. "Losing more close games, nothing has changed." I don't think that can be denied, either. Four games is a small sample size no matter what the statistic but we know PP and PK need to be improved and we've gotten better in the tigher games. Whether any of that can continue (or be fixed) into the 10-and-20-game marks is up in the air. I'll take the 3-1 record, though.

Reactions: hockeylegend11
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad