Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
While George is ranked a bit off the board, I'd look at him before McCoy. One of George's assets is his lower-body strength, which could help us. McCoy lacks a bit of willingness to use his size.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
While George is ranked a bit off the board, I'd look at him before McCoy. One of George's assets is his lower-body strength, which could help us. McCoy lacks a bit of willingness to use his size.

Windsor already has enough players that r not willing to use their size.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I'm talking strictly defence. If you're going to pick between two d-man, get the one that is comfortable throwing the weight around. With that being said, I'm still hoping for a larger, physical d-man with an earlier pick (2nd or 4th).

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
I'm talking strictly defence. If you're going to pick between two d-man, get the one that is comfortable throwing the weight around. With that being said, I'm still hoping for a larger, physical d-man with an earlier pick (2nd or 4th).
You would pass on on either of these two? Or are you saying to get another d man with the 2nd or 4th

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
You would pass on on either of these two? Or are you saying to get another d man with the 2nd or 4th

No, I'm saying I'd get the best d-man possible (more physicality the better) with the first-round pick, then take another bigger, more physical d-man with either... one of the 2nds or one of the 4ths.

A big, crease-clearing d-man is a huge void right now on the team. The offence is there up-front unless you can find a big power winger.

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
No, I'm saying I'd get the best d-man possible (more physicality the better) with the first-round pick, then take another bigger, more physical d-man with either... one of the 2nds or one of the 4ths.

A big, crease-clearing d-man is a huge void right now on the team. The offence is there up-front unless you can find a big power winger.
I like that plan. Now... what happens with Jodoin?

I guard the door

Sep 16, 2019
Is he ready for the OHL?
That's something that we don't know and probably won't be answered until training camp. He played 4 games with the Spitfires but his ice time was severely limited in those games... not really a good barometer.... only played 34 games with LaSalle. He does have the size... just need to know if he can or will use it. Hopefully he uses this summer to be serious about preparing for the upcoming season and making the Spitfires

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I'm not a fan of picking a "D" man in the first round unless it is Jamie Drysdale. Championship teams need high end forwards. These have to be high end first round impact type players. If you pick a D in the first round you have a team built with a lot of 2nd line forward players, similar to what we have now. You build a good team not a great team. There is always good quality D in the latter rounds but the high end scoring forwards go quickly. If you want to win on a regular basis you must pick a high end forward in the 1st round IMHO anyway.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Any word from the Spitfires on what will happen to the first round playoff tickets that season ticket holders were guaranteed when they signed early?

I see game 33 & 34 are being refunded.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->