Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I'd rather deal OAs who are guaranteed to not return, rather than 2000s. If you told me the team was dealing Angle, Corcoran, and Purboo, I could accept that.
Purboo makes a lot of sense to trade, would have value as a bottom-6 winger for a contender and would give Johnson, Zito more playing time.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'd rather deal OAs who are guaranteed to not return, rather than 2000s. If you told me the team was dealing Angle, Corcoran, and Purboo, I could accept that.

Windsor better work the phones a lot for it to benefit windsor.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Purboo wouldn't bring back much.
Middle round pick.
If I’m not mistaken, Flint could use an OA and a guy like Purboo would look good.
Probably worth a 3rd and another pick. Not much but the opportunity it gives to your younger guys is the value you get in moving him IMO.

member 71782

Barring any requests to be traded I don't think any of our OAs will be moved.

Boka, most game by a Spit on the line, he's not going to be dealt unless he asks.

Purboo, with the abundance of OAs out there who can score and contribute more he won't have a ton of value. Looking at the Struthers deal he won't return that.

Stevenson, has no value in a deal and Bowler seems to like him.

Of Angle/Douglas/Corcoran Angle is the most likely to be returned. He was late Bday draftee so Columbus has two years to sign him yet you're willing to move him over Douglas who may or may not return but I think Dallas knows they'll never know what they have in him until he's out of the OHL. I can see him signed and in the ECHL next year but you want to keep him. Corcoran should sign and move on with a slight chance even if he signs he returns. If he went AHL he would have a familiar face in Rocky Thompson coaching him which is part of the reason why I could see him getting signed.

Afanasyev is in a bit of a lull right now. If he picks things up, which he likely will he probably moves on since he is AHL eligible next year. He would carry the most value of the 00s/01s and bring the biggest return but keep him.

So move one player who would bring a decent return, not the biggest available and move the one player who is more than likely back for an OA year while keeping the two who are more than likely gone? Minimize the return while reducing the competitiveness of the roster. That's asset management.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Barring any requests to be traded I don't think any of our OAs will be moved.

Boka, most game by a Spit on the line, he's not going to be dealt unless he asks.

Purboo, with the abundance of OAs out there who can score and contribute more he won't have a ton of value. Looking at the Struthers deal he won't return that.

Stevenson, has no value in a deal and Bowler seems to like him.

Of Angle/Douglas/Corcoran Angle is the most likely to be returned. He was late Bday draftee so Columbus has two years to sign him yet you're willing to move him over Douglas who may or may not return but I think Dallas knows they'll never know what they have in him until he's out of the OHL. I can see him signed and in the ECHL next year but you want to keep him. Corcoran should sign and move on with a slight chance even if he signs he returns. If he went AHL he would have a familiar face in Rocky Thompson coaching him which is part of the reason why I could see him getting signed.

Afanasyev is in a bit of a lull right now. If he picks things up, which he likely will he probably moves on since he is AHL eligible next year. He would carry the most value of the 00s/01s and bring the biggest return but keep him.

So move one player who would bring a decent return, not the biggest available and move the one player who is more than likely back for an OA year while keeping the two who are more than likely gone? Minimize the return while reducing the competitiveness of the roster. That's asset management.

Boka trevor favorite also.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I don't see Boka being dealt, especially with the all-time games played total on the horizon. I think Purboo could return a few picks. While his skating is below avg, he's a workhorse, strong as heck, and is on pace for 30 goals. He's putting up similar numbers, if not better in some cases, than Struthers.

As far as the 2000s go - I don't deal Douglas or Afanasyev right now. Maybe at the deadline, but I see Douglas returning next season and I think he's better than people want to believe. I have no issues agreeing to disagree on that.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I don't see Boka being dealt, especially with the all-time games played total on the horizon. I think Purboo could return a few picks. While his skating is below avg, he's a workhorse, strong as heck, and is on pace for 30 goals. He's putting up similar numbers, if not better in some cases, than Struthers.

As far as the 2000s go - I don't deal Douglas or Afanasyev right now. Maybe at the deadline, but I see Douglas returning next season and I think he's better than people want to believe. I have no issues agreeing to disagree on that.

Boka will stay. Trevor favorite.
Douglas will return next season.
Not good for the next level.

member 71782

With the world junior camps getting underway and then the tourney after Christmas no one will be dealt before the deadline, it's a chance to add some points before players return and contenders go all in. It would make no sense to potentially give up some points when this could be their best chance to get them.

Agree/disagree on Douglas is fine. He could very well return and I wouldn't be surprised but with most of the top tier 00s probably already off the table and it being questionable how many top tier 01s might be dealt the next tier, Douglas/Angle/Corcoran group across the league will likely return more this year than in years past. That's not a chance that comes along very often so it makes sense to capitalize when the opportunity is there.

Purboo 12-14-26 this year, career 73-74-147.

Struthers 13-14-27 this year, career 82-103-185

Struthers also spent 25 games in North Bay this year and has outpaced Purboo in every area not to mention he's a better all around player. he just returned a 2022 2ND, 2023 3RD, 2024 6TH. Do you really think Purboo will return that or anything close to it? Not to mention the OAs likely still available that are better than both of them. My guess, a distant 3RD and a distant 6TH at best for Purboo. If Bowler can get more than that I want to see the pics he has on the other GM.

Agree on Boka.

Reactions: windsor7

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Be stunned if after talking to nhl teams and getting a feel for next year if anyone moves that may be returned. Can see OA’s or pro bound guys getting moved but.... this team will be looking at the next 2 years to go for it. Other deals don’t make sense. If the info is correct, the fans will come back with new ownership and likely a new coaching staff!!

Reactions: ohloutsider

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Would it be a stretch to possibly trade foudy?
He doesn't have anyone to pass to on this team with the lines trevor puts together. Just does lots of circles n then throws it to other team or in trafic.
And he doesn't shoot much.
Has great speed but doesn't quite fit on this team. Not with this system.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Be stunned if after talking to nhl teams and getting a feel for next year if anyone moves that may be returned. Can see OA’s or pro bound guys getting moved but.... this team will be looking at the next 2 years to go for it. Other deals don’t make sense. If the info is correct, the fans will come back with new ownership and likely a new coaching staff!!

New coaching staff!!! YES.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Would it be a stretch to possibly trade foudy?
He doesn't have anyone to pass to on this team with the lines trevor puts together. Just does lots of circles n then throws it to other team or in trafic.
And he doesn't shoot much.
Has great speed but doesn't quite fit on this team. Not with this system.

He's already surpassed his goal totals from last year and is on pace for more shots than last year. The players are there to pass to but teams are recognizing his game more.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
He's already surpassed his goal totals from last year and is on pace for more shots than last year. The players are there to pass to but teams are recognizing his game more.

When he didnt have many shots last year its not hard to surpass that.
He just circles the offensive zone n holds onto the puck too much. How many times a game does he circle around the net???? Teams just let him hold onto it as they know he will lose it eventually.
Maybe a different system on a different team would help him.

member 71782

That's the big question, who's potentially pro bound and who's likely to return?

Only Afanasyev is signed, all three of Corcoran/Angle/Douglas are drafted and unsigned. Any of them likely to be signed by the deadline?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That's the big question, who's potentially pro bound and who's likely to return?

Only Afanasyev is signed, all three of Corcoran/Angle/Douglas are drafted and unsigned. Any of them likely to be signed by the deadline?

I can see possibly concoran signed.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
When he didnt have many shots last year its not hard to surpass that.
He just circles the offensive zone n holds onto the puck too much. How many times a game does he circle around the net???? Teams just let him hold onto it as they know he will lose it eventually.
Maybe a different system on a different team would help him.

Actually last year Foudy had 120 shots on goal and scored 8 goals.
This year so far he has 49 shots on goal and he has scored 10 goals.
Last year at this time in the schedule he had scored only 1 goal.
Should also be noted that your favorite player to criticize Luke Boka,last year also had 1 goal at this point of the season, this year he has scored 9 goals on 43 shots on goal.
Huge goal scoring improvements for both

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Actually last year Foudy had 120 shots on goal and scored 8 goals.
This year so far he has 49 shots on goal and he has scored 10 goals.
Last year at this time in the schedule he had scored only 1 goal.
Should also be noted that your favorite player to criticize Luke Boka,last year also had 1 goal at this point of the season, this year he has scored 9 goals on 43 shots on goal.
Huge goal scoring improvements for both

My favorite player boka. Lol
Thanks for your great stats.....

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
There has been some rumours Vierling could be traded from Flint.
With Flint wanting to go all in this year he’s definitely a guy Windsor should keep tabs on.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit

I'm of the opinion that Boka will be moved. The record of being #1 in Spit games played should mean dick all to him. If he wants to increase his chances of getting a pro job he'll want to be playing in greener pastures where the scouts will see him for a longer period of time. Purboo will fetch a better return and I expect him to be dealt. Stevenson will probably remain. I can see Douglas staying but Afanasyev should be dealt. Don't expect him to be in the OHL next year....

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
There has been some rumours Vierling could be traded from Flint.
With Flint wanting to go all in this year he’s definitely a guy Windsor should keep tabs on.

The last I heard was he wanted to be closer to home (GTA).

The record of being #1 in Spit games played should mean dick all to him.

There are lots of scouts at every Spits game; this I know for a fact. If you've got a chance to get the all-time games played record, on a club that's doing just fine, why not stick around?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Boka has scored more goals than last year but lately there has been some regression to the mean. After his hatrick in the Soo putting him at 8 goals, he's had 1 goal in his last 11. After that hatrick he had a 30.7 shooting %. Since he has 1 goal on his last 17 shots. Down to 20.9% now which is a steep decline. Career shooting % 11.7. Career wise ignoring his 16 year old year, age 17 13.2%, age 18 11.5%, age 19 8.8%. He's pretty much on pace for close to the same amount of shots it wouldn't be a surprise to see another bit of a dip and even if he had a better than average year settling around 15% which would be around 19 goals. A lot of that depends on how Letowski deploys him as well though. He had that 3 goal game on 4 shots, he has 6 goals on 37 other shots this year. I think the latter is closer to his goal scoring ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad