Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits win.
Important 2 points .
Had a game plan and exucuted well.
Piironen made the saves which was expected and needed.
Not a heavy week only 2 games again.
Hope they can get a good game plan for next week too.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Outsider

Solid post,I agree about what you wrote about Rupoli, thought he played his best game as a Spit,solid and steady,yes they were missing 4 players,Solovyov, Team Belarus, Millman and rookie forward Ethan Cardwell suspensions,and top 6 forward Blade Jenkins knee injury,though all 4 did play against Windsor 2 weeks ago when Windsor walked in and controlled them in a 4-1 win.Windsor has only allowed 1 goal against Saginaw in the last 2 games vs them both in Saginaw,after the Spirit came back from 3 down in Windsor 3 weeks ago.Yes players out ,a factor doubt and alot of teams will be experiencing that coming up with players trying out for their country teams.
In fact Saginaw loses Perfetti for game Thursday against Windsor, while I fully expect Piironen to suit up for his final game before leaving for Finland.

madmarce

Nov 1, 2018
Excuse me? You have called out posters over n over for not posting after Spits Ws but have done the same over the last 4/5 years after Ls but thats Ok?

Just an observation based on the last 4/5 years of your posts. And you started it calling others out about not posting...... (and in similar situations to which you were aware UNLIKE my post) talk about classy. Not even close HL.

Every one sees it HL.

Sorry for the loss in all honesty.

But your remark to my post says alot about you. Esp how you've gone after others on here KNOWING their situation which i did not know about you ( nor would it make a dif cause you've done it for years)

So many future G.M.'s & Coaches on this board - No need to look elsewhere when a vacancy becomes available.. Yepper.

Reactions: Bra Wavers

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Excuse me? You have called out posters over n over for not posting after Spits Ws but have done the same over the last 4/5 years after Ls but thats Ok?

Just an observation based on the last 4/5 years of your posts. And you started it calling others out about not posting...... (and in similar situations to which you were aware UNLIKE my post) talk about classy. Not even close HL.

Every one sees it HL.

Sorry for the loss in all honesty.

But your remark to my post says alot about you. Esp how you've gone after others on here KNOWING their situation which i did not know about you ( nor would it make a dif cause you've done it for years)

Agreed with all the above. It's just the lack of self awareness and the hypocrisy to call out others when he's no better is what's grating.

Yes the Spits had a bounce back win after losing 3 straight and it was a good win. To go on with a diatribe after the win is pure Legend and that's fine. Don't expect people not to call you out after you criticize others for the same.

Reactions: aresknights

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The "this feed is fuzzy" debate is amusing to me. It wasn't that long ago where none of the US games were on TV and, while they may not be HD or crystal clear, you can still tell what's going on. Still beats not being on TV at all.

As for Robinson - he crawled to the bench at one point but came out for a shift or two later. Hopefully it's nothing serious; he didn't look as involved when he returned.
I'm glad you are amused about the fuzzy feed debate but I was paying close to $40 a month/ $480 a year for that quality so not finding it amusing at all. I have now cancelled the sports package and will just watch the "free" feed for the Spits. Carry on.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I'm glad you are amused about the fuzzy feed debate but I was paying close to $40 a month/ $480 a year for that quality so not finding it amusing at all. I have now cancelled the sports package and will just watch the "free" feed for the Spits. Carry on.

Most gave done the same.
U can relax at home and watch the game.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Great game last night, solid effort all around!! Johnston with his best game of the year imho, he had some good chances and if he continues to play with that type of effort his will surely be rewarded. Boka played a great hard nosed type of game, great battling on the boards and was also nice to see others finally throwing their weight around a bit last night. Great fore check last night, really limited Saginaw on shots. Hope to keep this ball rolling on Thursday as Saginaw depleted lineup or not will surely want some revenge.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

There are two arenas, tops, that have a less-than-perfect feed - Erie and Saginaw. Just a few seasons ago, we didn't even get those arenas. I mean, unless people would rather go back to recent memory when some arenas had radio and that's it?!

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
There are two arenas, tops, that have a less-than-perfect feed - Erie and Saginaw. Just a few seasons ago, we didn't even get those arenas. I mean, unless people would rather go back to recent memory when some arenas had radio and that's it?!
I think you are missing the entire point - Do you pay for the OHL actionpac? It gives you almost every OHL game but they have now reduced it to standard depth tv instead of HD tv. Yes they just added on the US based teams in the last few years but have also reverted them back to standard depth tv. I have had the actionpac for a number of years with or without the US based teams and enjoyed watching games from other centers and it was not always Spits games. They never reduced the price just cut back on the service. Myself and others have been frustrated with the new "fuzzy" service. I'm ok with getting crappy viewing when it is free but I'm not going to pay for a substandard service when we use to get most of these games in HD. I'm sure you have had things you have paid for that did not meet your standards. I'm going to assume you complained about that or just returned the product. I'm not sure how much clearer I can make this for you but I will move on from this.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards

Exactly HD TV has been around for 20+ years it isn't much to expect a better product instead of a fuzzy tv production. If I can watch an HD basketball game between Harvard/Lehigh I should be able to watch Saginaw/Windsor.

Good for you in cutting the sports package. Everything is amusing to him can't have an opinion that makes somebody look bad.

Reactions: windsor7

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Piironen being named to Finland’s selection camp MUST’VE done wonders for his confidence in himself.

Glad to see people on this board finally appreciating him!

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Piironen being named to Finland’s selection camp MUST’VE done wonders for his confidence in himself.

Glad to see people on this board finally appreciating him!

Hope Finland has great defense n can score a lot of goals.....

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Thankful I was able to watch the game last night from Saggy on 439. There was a day Cogeco/Rogers wouldn’t have bothered. Thought the radio announcers were quite humorous...at times forgetting they were on the Tv instead of faking it for radio. No way I had Piiroinen as 1st star. He didn’t have one decent shot to save. Saggy scored 10 + goals the night before and played like they were taking the night off. A very poor effort on their part. The Spits had a great road game and won most of the battles for the puck.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Some of us could only dream about going to the WJC. I know people like to stir the pot, but we've got a guy who's been invited to represent his country. If he's a third option, that's still better than sitting at home and watching like 99% of us will do. If he didn't get an invite, you know this place would be fuming and ranting about how he hasn't stepped up like Rychel said he should. Be happy for the kid that he's found his confidence, has started to turn his game around, and now will get a chance to represent his country in some capacity.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Any word on who will be the backup for Medina? Even if Piiroinen goes to camp and doesn't make it, we'll still need a second goaltender for a couple of weeks.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Any word on who will be the backup for Medina? Even if Piiroinen goes to camp and doesn't make it, we'll still need a second goaltender for a couple of weeks.

Maybe bowler or the organization will say something......

member 71782

Nothing has been made public yet. I would guess this week we find out. Either Tovell as legend suggested as a possibility or they deal for someone. I don't think any other prospects are in their plans going forward right now so I can't see anyone else from within being brought up.

Probably bring Tovell up for a couple of practices and see how he does to start the week and if they feel he can back up Medina they sign him to a B card, if not a deal by Wednesday would be my guess.

Windsor won't be the only team looking for a back up either. Guelph and Peterborough, if they have no one in the system will be looking as well.

Reactions: OHLTG
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->