Windsor Spitfires 2019-20 Season Thread (Part 3)

Status
Not open for further replies.

member 71782

Dare I say that the Spits have a relatively easy weekend on the horizon? Will the good times keep on rolling?

The tough part Saturday is obviously no mental lapses, being prepared and not taking North Bay lightly.

Sunday should be a much bigger challenge. Windsor has three games in hand but with Saginaw being just a point behind Sunday could decide who's in first in the division and conference after the weekend with both teams spot in the standings also being affected by other teams and how they do as well. A good divisional and conference test that should be a big game for both.

Should be some good hockey this weekend.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Tinker is a good word to use. There’s no way you “go for it” this year. Way to many holes to fill. Imho you move what won’t be here next couple years if there’s decent return. If not roll with it. The OA guys are what they are, next years OA prospects could easily end up back here. Junior hockey requires you to make future plans so ya some years are gonna be off. I won’t have the same argument again but I’m not one who is ok with mediocrity!! Make your plan and follow it!! I go for cup wins not meaningless playoff round wins!

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Tinker is a good word to use. There’s no way you “go for it” this year. Way to many holes to fill. Imho you move what won’t be here next couple years if there’s decent return. If not roll with it. The OA guys are what they are, next years OA prospects could easily end up back here. Junior hockey requires you to make future plans so ya some years are gonna be off. I won’t have the same argument again but I’m not one who is ok with mediocrity!! Make your plan and follow it!! I go for cup wins not meaningless playoff round wins!

Is Bowler's next magic trick going for cup wins without the meaningless playoff round wins???

Reactions: sbpointer

Frank the Skank

Jan 11, 2019
104 Row D 15
Every single team in the Western Conference is in the same boat.... not a bad time to go for it if you can be the first one to make the correct moves

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Every single team in the Western Conference is in the same boat.... not a bad time to go for it if you can be the first one to make the correct moves
So you think they should go for it. No question here they’d need a goalie. They’d need to seriously upgrade the D and the OA group is not what I would call stellar. All this with the biggest group of talent being rookies or second year guys? Sorry we’re gonna have to disagree. They don’t have the assets or talent right now. This high some folks are on could literally be a terrible low in 2 weeks time. There’s little to no playoff experience here either. The league is so close a 3-4 game losing streak puts you at the bottom not the top. Folks need to slow down, enjoy what is happening right now but realize this team is a year away from challenging.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
I could see a handful of organizations making a run for it, given their arena and potential success - Kitchener, London, Windsor, Oshawa, and Niagara. That's assuming the financial guarantee is lifted, which was a burden last time to begin with.
I wonder if Niagara goes for it in 2024 there talk of adding seats in one of the end zones.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I hope windsor doesnt even consider it at all to host.
Hopefully the organization is smart for once.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I wonder if Niagara goes for it in 2024 there talk of adding seats in one of the end zones.

Would that put it over the 6,000 mark? I just looked it up, 5,300 capacity for hockey; thought it was higher than that.

Unfortunately, league-wide, I think some benchmarks have been set - financial guarantee, 6,000+ seat rink, and competitive club. The money didn't help anyone last time, and the 6,000 seat rink really narrows it down, too.

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Would that put it over the 6,000 mark? I just looked it up, 5,300 capacity for hockey; thought it was higher than that.

Unfortunately, league-wide, I think some benchmarks have been set - financial guarantee, 6,000+ seat rink, and competitive club. The money didn't help anyone last time, and the 6,000 seat rink really narrows it down, too.
With standing it is over 5,600

Reactions: OHLTG

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Its "all" about money.
Hockey is secondary

member 71782

So in other Spits related news

Wyatt Johnston has 1G - 1A in three games for Canada Red. Plays tonight versus Canada White in the quarter finals.

Egor Afanasyev plays for Russia in the Canada/Russia game tonight in Kitchener.

Has anyone seen any of the U17s? Wondering how Johnston has looked in the tourney.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->