Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Cfaub I do agree with some of your ideas, some can’t ever happen some won’t and some are already in motion. Canadian hockey as a whole is under attack and frankly there’s likely no way to stop it!! Goes back to the sheer number of players, and coaches in the US. The mountain of money they have at their disposal, the assets, training.... I could go on. We used to rely on Canadian hockey as our sport, they considered it as a secondary sport. That’s all gone. I f you get the opportunity go to a usdp camp. Your gonna be blown away!! We cannot compete with them on almost every level. I almost think we need to make junior hockey bigger and set up in more us cities. Frankly almost all the us talent that’s great stays there. We’re getting the castoffs!!

Reactions: member 71782

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Where's Boka, that's the first line lol
Funny how TL states publicly how well their playing and their record is not indicative of the play yet he screws with the lines. Maybe we'll see a new power play unit but I won't hold my breath
Nope. Boka on the pp. Not shocked.
Not good coaching

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
3-1 Windsor final.

Good:

- Held Sarnia to one shot in the final period, I believe. Maybe two?
- Offence got the job done.
- Up-tempo if nothing else.
- Incze kept them in the game.

Bad:

- 21 or 22 shots isn't enough.
- Stop. Shuffling. Lines.
- No shots in the first 10 min or so of the 3p can't happen.

I liked the result and I liked the overall effort. It was a very simple game and one that preached the little things. However, you won't win games against most teams by playing like this. I still don't know why the top three lines were randomly changed. You could tell, at least in the early going, that the players were adjusting. It wasn't broke, so why fix it?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
3-1 Windsor final.

Good:

- Held Sarnia to one shot in the final period, I believe. Maybe two?
- Offence got the job done.
- Up-tempo if nothing else.
- Incze kept them in the game.

Bad:

- 21 or 22 shots isn't enough.
- Stop. Shuffling. Lines.
- No shots in the first 10 min or so of the 3p can't happen.

I liked the result and I liked the overall effort. It was a very simple game and one that preached the little things. However, you won't win games against most teams by playing like this. I still don't know why the top three lines were randomly changed. You could tell, at least in the early going, that the players were adjusting. It wasn't broke, so why fix it?
Because things that work get changed and things that don’t (power play) stay the same.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Solid win tonight by Windsor, allowed only 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period,and Sarnia had 2 PPs to boot.
Solid goaltending by Incze again,solid team d,excellent coaching, results are proof.Spits are now 1-1-1-2 in their last 5 games,2-2-1-2,in their last 7,with 5 of them on the road.
Spits have scored 17 goals in their last 7 but have allowed only 19,and while a number of guys are struggling to score,notably, Cuylle, goalless in 8,Damico 1 in 8,Douglas ditto, team defense for the most part has been pretty good.
Nice to see a win at home,after 3 straight losses.
Inzce has been fantastic lately only has allowed 12 goals in 5 starts,Piironen in his 2 starts is 0-2 and has allowed 7 goals.
Tomorrow 's game wont be easy Sarnia will be looking to get revenge in the win department best be ready.
Spits now are 2--1-1 on the season vs Sarnia.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Solid win tonight by Windsor, allowed only 2 shots on goal in the 3rd period,and Sarnia had 2 PPs to boot.
Solid goaltending by Incze again,solid team d,excellent coaching, results are proof.Spits are now 1-1-1-2 in their last 5 games,2-2-1-2,in their last 7,with 5 of them on the road.
Spits have scored 17 goals in their last 7 but have allowed only 19,and while a number of guys are struggling to score,notably, Cuylle, goalless in 8,Damico 1 in 8,Douglas ditto, team defense for the most part has been pretty good.
Inzce has been fantastic lately only has allowed 12 goals in 5 starts,Piironen in his 2 starts is 0-2 and has allowed 7 goals.
Tomorrow 's game wont be easy Sarnia will be looking to get revenge in the win department best be ready.
So because Windsor won a game that means the coaching was excellent??? Excellent coaching would not use same PP lines over and over and over again. Neither team looked great. I’m not exactly sure what results we are suppose to be looking at either.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Was nice to see a win tonight. Not sure if i’m happy about it or not. I’m really liking what i’m seeing from Henault. Hopefully we get to see Kari tomorrow night. He has played 2 good games his last 2 starts. Well maybe 1 and 2 periods as he let in 2 soft goals in 3rd period of his last start. It might just be me but it really seems like the linesman are struggling lately on icing calls and offside calls.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I can't see the blueline clearly from my seat but I have noticed the officating, as a whole, has lessened this season. Seems like a lot more players/coaches/fans questioning things.

I'm kind of hoping to see Kari at home against OS on Monday. Let Incze get the road game then have Kari have the Mickey Game.

Reactions: TheGremlin

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Coaching was more lucky than excellent. Changing the lines at this point shouldn't be happening.

Winless in 4 sometimes demands change and 2 of those lines did score tonight, in fact the Douglas, Boka line was on for 2 goals,I refuse to criticize success in a game.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
I can't see the blueline clearly from my seat but I have noticed the officating, as a whole, has lessened this season. Seems like a lot more players/coaches/fans questioning things.

I'm kind of hoping to see Kari at home against OS on Monday. Let Incze get the road game then have Kari have the Mickey Game.

Disagree,go with Piironen tomorrow, back to Inzce Monday vs Owen Sound.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
So because Windsor won a game that means the coaching was excellent??? Excellent coaching would not use same PP lines over and over and over again. Neither team looked great. I’m not exactly sure what results we are suppose to be looking at either.

No different when the same poster says it's bad coaching in every loss.
He keeps doing that after every loss I will keep doing after every win,the BS on this forum has to stop.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

HL, you are back, after a W. Good to see.

Just odd you call out others for......

Im sure there is a factor thou (over 3 years)

Reactions: windsor7

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
He keeps doing that after every loss I will keep doing after every win,the BS on this forum has to stop.

Lead the way then ;) Step up. Do as you say. See if posters will follow. Stop being hypocritical.
For 3 years at least you go silent after poor streaks, but have no issues name calling or slanting #s after a W or 2 and calling posters out for doing what you do.

Or turning 180 on your own posts to defend Spits..... ( backdoor hosts ring s bell....your words, not mine ;))

If you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem.
Be the bigger person. Dont be petty.

;)

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Winless in 4 sometimes demands change and 2 of those lines did score tonight, in fact the Douglas, Boka line was on for 2 goals,I refuse to criticize success in a game.

They had no way of knowing that it would happen when they did it, though. The top two lines were very, very good and three-of-four losses were either in shootout or OT. They were doing something right. Sometimes the losses come from inexperience, not lack of chemistry.

The line changes frustrate me. We saw that for three months (Sept - Dec) and, when they finally stuck to the same lines, all was okay. They didn't win every game but nobody expected them to. Now that they lose a few close games, let's just shuffle again? Not a fan. Maybe they'll stick with the same lines next game, which I can at least accept. Getting tired of the Cupid Shuffle... (HA!)

Reactions: ohloutsider

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Oh so you saying it is excellent will solve this problem of other poster saying its bad. So basically you just going to go to their level and play there game then. Or you calling out posters for not posting after a win mean while you are no where to be found after a losing streak. BS will probably stop once BS stats aren’t being brought up all the time.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Oh so you saying it is excellent will solve this problem of other poster saying its bad. So basically you just going to go to their level and play there game then. Or you calling out posters for not posting after a win mean while you are no where to be found after a losing streak. BS will probably stop once BS stats aren’t being brought up all the time.

I not changing so get use to it.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I intend to lead the way,I will stop when the other party does,till then it's on.

You dont see how hypocritical you are being?

Where ya been over the losing spells over the last 3 years?
And you call others out?
Every one sees it here. You arent doing yourself, the Spits org or whatever group you are trying to appease any favours by being so hypocritical, biased, one sided, confontational.....

I suspect you will just keep on being you. Thats all good. If you are comfortable with it.

Just looks odd from the outside

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
You dont see how hypocritical you are being?

Where ya been over the losing spells over the last 3 years?
And you call others out?
Every one sees it here. You arent doing yourself, the Spits org or whatever group you are trying to appease any favours by being so hypocritical, biased, one sided, confontational.....

I suspect you will just keep on being you. Thats all good. If you are comfortable with it.

Just looks odd from the outside
He doesn’t see much. He is alays right, even if he is wrong he is right. It is hard to have a good hockey conversation with him unless he knows you personally it seems. I could go on but i’m sure you already know what i’m thinking.

Reactions: RayzorIsDull

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Here's a wild and crazy idea...

Win, lose, or extra time - if the game is good, say it's good. If the game is bad, say it's bad. If there are good and bad parts, say so. If someone is getting on our nerves (on either side), either counter them or move along.

There were good things about tonight but certainly risky and/or bad things, too. There's no deying that. A win doesn't necessarly mean all is good, just as much as a loss doesn't necessarily mean all is bad. It's junior hockey, that's how it works.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
So the Spits get off the snide and we have the coaching being lauded from someone even during that 1 win in 10 not an eye was batted at the coaching? Good for them that they got a win watching the game you could clearly tell these are 2 teams struggling at the bottom of the playoff race. Could have just had a running clock in the 3rd period with only 6 shots on net and neither team interested in the game it seemed.

Back to the excellent coaching narrative? The criticism of Letowski has absolutely nothing to do with 1 whole game. It has to do with his entire body of work to date. The PP has been dung for 1.5 years and that starts and stops with him.

Supporting Letowski is fine wanting to attack individuals for their thoughts on Letowski doesn't seem like a hill you should want to die on but knock yourself out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->