Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Just miss the playoffs and get this season over with. We don’t need another year of Windsor losing in the playoffs especially to London.

I hate to admit it, but I’m with you on this. Knowing our luck we’ll win in sarnia that last game on a Boka goal, pushing us into the playoffs, to get our asses handed to us by the knights in a series we’ll try to forget and the knights fans will never let us.

Can I just say I’m tired of losing to flint? I feel like we do that way too frequently.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
I have no issues pulling goaltenders with 60-90s left in a one-goal game. I'm not a fan of being down 2+ and pulling with 2+ min left, especially when you give up this many EN goals.

Does it matter at that point? It's aesthetics at that point. I'm indifferent to when they pull the goalie because the team is so flawed I think 1 time this year they have capitalized on an extra man over how many times?? Letowski is trolling everybody now he rode Incze for the past 15+ games and played Piroinen tonight?? Nice move sneaking Maddux Rychel in the lineup as well not to waste a card. It's pretty much a sideshow now but nobody will call Rychel or the organization out.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Just miss the playoffs and get this season over with. We don’t need another year of Windsor losing in the playoffs especially to London.
I get the sentiment but the end result isn't good either way. It's not like the Spits are getting the next Taylor Hall when they didn't make the playoffs and capitalized. It's very preliminary but if winning %'s held true the Spits would have the 3rd pick overall and that might help. Of course it might not matter if Letowski is still the coach. The Spits have won 5 of their last 21 games that's absolutely awful hockey.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
P.s. where has hockeylegendII been since this 7 game losing streak. A poster that has gone silent. Must have run out of the positive stats lol

Like Tribe said and that's cool. He may return under good conditions if you know what I mean but I'm not shedding any tears here if you know what I mean if it goes the other way. I think people need to understand that this season regardless barring some type of miracle is a failure on every level. Since that's the case WR needs to get ahead of this but he's been quiet the whole time which does lend a lot of confidence moving forward.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
The worst part is that players and Letowski are still throwing out narratives like...
Exhibit 1
“That sucks,” Spitfires defenceman Thomas Stevenson said when informed of the Erie win. “It’s hard. Everyone’s working hard and everyone’s, trying to do the right thing and 1-1 going into he third and everyone was up and couple unlucky bounces and it got away from us.”

Exhibit 2
“Even in the first period, if you look at the chances, we’re up one, but we should just put them away,” Letowski said. “We had them in the first.”

Put them away after 1 period?? Did Letowski watch the 09 and 10 Spits who could put teams away after a period or 2?? This this isn't one that can put anybody away after 1 period. Heck they might miss the playoffs and he's throwing out lines like this??? Good thing Parker didn't ask him about Morgan getting the GWG and 2 points. This season is actually worse than 06/07 fortunately back then that's when Rychel/Boughner took over and we were talking about patience. At this point the organization doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Actually it is regulation and overtime wins (ROW). Windsor leads 23 to 21.

Fair; the info I had must have been a couple of seasons old.

At this point the organization doesn't get the benefit of the doubt.

At THIS point? Really? :laugh:

Does it matter at that point? It's aesthetics at that point. I'm indifferent to when they pull the goalie because the team is so flawed I think 1 time this year they have capitalized on an extra man over how many times?? Letowski is trolling everybody now he rode Incze for the past 15+ games and played Piroinen tonight?? Nice move sneaking Maddux Rychel in the lineup as well not to waste a card. It's pretty much a sideshow now but nobody will call Rychel or the organization out.

Well, yeah, it kind of does. Until they're out of the playoffs, officially, you still battle.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Fair; the info I had must have been a couple of seasons old.

At THIS point? Really? :laugh:

Well, yeah, it kind of does. Until they're out of the playoffs, officially, you still battle.

Thought we played this game last year and Saginaw got Perfetti and Prosvetov and Windsor got Foudy and Piroinen. Absolutely this might be a good debate 2-3 years down the road but I think at this point Saginaw has the upper hand. Sure you still battle but do you want to draw the low card and have Erie get a big time player in April draft and June import draft and Windsor get the lower pick. At this point I would rather see a different person being GM for this team. Rychel hand picked all these players when does he start getting held accountable??

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Perfetti is seriously benefitting from the team going for a run, while Prosvetov wouldn't have helped us in the least given he's a 99. So, you draft Pros and we don't make noise this season... what's the point? You put Foudy in that Saginaw lineup an he'd do the same thing. In our situation, I take Piiroinen every time over Prosvetov.

The "low card" might be a matter of a couple of picks. That shouldn't matter as long as you're in the top six or seven. Pick four and pick six, for instance, isn't nearly as big as the difference between four and 15, for instance. Even then, a lot of it is how you use the player. Jacob Perreault has 52 points in 58 games for the Sting... as the 19th pick. James Hardie, a top 10 pick, has 21 points in 58 games.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Perfetti is seriously benefitting from the team going for a run, while Prosvetov wouldn't have helped us in the least given he's a 99. So, you draft Pros and we don't make noise this season... what's the point? You put Foudy in that Saginaw lineup an he'd do the same thing. In our situation, I take Piiroinen every time over Prosvetov.

The "low card" might be a matter of a couple of picks. That shouldn't matter as long as you're in the top six or seven. Pick four and pick six, for instance, isn't nearly as big as the difference between four and 15, for instance. Even then, a lot of it is how you use the player. Jacob Perreault has 52 points in 58 games for the Sting... as the 19th pick. James Hardie, a top 10 pick, has 21 points in 58 games.

No matter how the situation is put, having a higher pick is better than a lower pick. Get the guy you want without the chance of him being taken. In a year where no winning will be done, making it to the playoffs does absolutely nothing.

michael freeman

Dec 6, 2018
7 losses in a row now for a team fighting to get into playoffs.
Looks like some players have just quit on this team.
Why is Rychel not held accountable for direction of this team ?
Hoping for big changes this summer to turn things around for Spits.

Morgan with game winner.
Congrats.
Looks like a different player in Flint.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
. Well you would think that they have to pull goalie so much that they would learn how to defend the open net or maybe just maybe score more then once with goalie pulled.

sorry but when you have your goalie pulled you shouldn't be worried about defending anything, you should only be thinking about scoring a goal.
the defending comment makes it sound like you would prefer the entire team to skate back and play goalie when they lose control of the puck, that's not realistic.
posters love to complain constantly about others posting stats, eng falls into the same category.. who gives a s$%@ how many they've given up

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
If Windsor stays where they are (3rd last), there is a chance we could end up with a player who was considered 1st overall prior to Wright being granted exceptional. Call me crazy but that means a lot more to the team moving forward than getting 4 or 5 total playoffs games this season.

Adding a player of the caliber, bringing in Afanaeyev and getting a top 15 euro pick can truly change this team around for next year and beyond. These additions with our core being so young would be very exciting for many prospective coaches.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
If Windsor stays where they are (3rd last), there is a chance we could end up with a player who was considered 1st overall prior to Wright being granted exceptional. Call me crazy but that means a lot more to the team moving forward than getting 4 or 5 total playoffs games this season.

Adding a player of the caliber, bringing in Afanaeyev and getting a top 15 euro pick can truly change this team around for next year and beyond. These additions with our core being so young would be very exciting for many prospective coaches.

that would be a good positive.
Windsor hasn't had too many positives this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->