Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I wouldn’t say automatic loss but I got the impression Windsor was going all in with Incze based on recent playing time.

Weird call IMO, unless we think we’re going to upset the Soo. Which I’d love to see..

Figured Incze would give them the better chance at points tonight, then Kari in the Soo where I don’t think we should expect anything. A little surprised not to see Vella for flint too. It’s OA night, but he did get peppered with like 50 odd shots in london last night.

Personally liking Boka so far tonight. Seems like without Douglas and Allen he’s back to playing a more physical game delivering hits and stirring things up a little. And yes, he is getting a lot of minutes, I’d prefer to see angle get em but that’s just me.

TL favorite Boka it seems.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Right now, Piiroinen has earned another start, maybe even on Thursday. Two goals on 30+ shots? what more do we want?

3 goals.
Though last goal not his fault at all if he doesn't get a chance to save the puck.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
4-1 Flint late 3p... TL pulled Piiroinen with 3min left and they put it into the EN.

Spits and Otters are now tied with Erie having a game-in-hand. Spitfires are sealing their own fate here.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
4-1 Flint late 3p... TL pulled Piiroinen with 3min left and they put it into the EN.

Spits and Otters are now tied with Erie having a game-in-hand. Spitfires are sealing their own fate here.

league leading in eng for Windsor.
Not a stat they would like for sure.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016

Kari doesn’t guarantee a loss but I will give him the assist on Cody Morgans goal...

We’ve dropped to 9th...

Spits1963

Dec 17, 2014

And Erie has two more wins
Not sure if that is first tie breaker, would like to hear from those who know

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Windsor with ANOTHER loss.
Make it 7 in a row.
Not enough offense on this team.
Kari played well for about 50 min of the game.
Morgan with the game winner. But hey now he wasn't good enough for this team.
Erie wins and is NOW tied with Windsor.
Sarnia lost too.
I expect Incze to be in net tmrw. Even though Kari played well, TL will favor Inzce.
Boka with a ton of ice time. Windsor should keep track of how many shots ACTUALLY hit the net from him. He misses the net a TON.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
F49DB9A1-D058-41C5-93B4-591A9713DEEF.jpeg

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
We've lost now to the worse 2 teams in the league in the past week. Based on the season however the worst team in the league currently is the Spits. Without a doubt. Pirroinen the only bright spot tonight. Played decent and can't hang the loss on him. Questionable interference on Kari. The rest of the team took the night off after Windsor had a 1-0 lead. Was that the same Cody Morgan we got rid of lol.

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
I’m losing my mind when Foudy won’t shoot the puck. It’s like a peewee game where you’re up by 8 goals, and the stud of the team has 7 of them and the coach tells him he can’t shoot anymore and to only pass the puck.

That exact situation, except at all times.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
P.s. where has hockeylegendII been since this 7 game losing streak. A poster that has gone silent. Must have run out of the positive stats lol
He took his ball and went home since some of us wouldn’t go along with his stats to show how good this team is. Or how they on upward swing or coaching isn’t an issue. He couldn’t take actually being wrong about things for the last half of the year.

scokan

Nov 23, 2009
southern ontario
league leading in eng for Windsor.
Not a stat they would like for sure.

if you look at another way, wouldnt it mean they are playing in alot of 1 goal games meaning they should be pulling the goalie to try to tie the game up?
would you rather them not pull the goalie at all?
eng are bound to happen, but giving them up doesnt outweigh the chance of trying to tie a game.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
if you look at another way, wouldnt it mean they are playing in alot of 1 goal games meaning they should be pulling the goalie to try to tie the game up?
eng are bound to happen, but giving them up doesnt outweigh the chance of trying to tie a game.
. Well you would think that they have to pull goalie so much that they would learn how to defend the open net or maybe just maybe score more then once with goalie pulled.

Reactions: windsor7

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

Maybe play better or learn how to play with the extra attacker better.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad