Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Win tonight!!! Go Spits Go!!!
Spits struggle with Flint. They do need a win though, 6 loses in a row is hard on the team psyche. Need points, any points at this stage. Erie is not rolling over so if the Spits want to play any extra hockey tonight will go a long way to helping that. If not then a high draft pick it is.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
I understand the rule, I just don’t like it.

Two guys wanted to go, they went.

No instigators, not following a big, no third man in, didn’t start a line brawl... just two guys fighting. 5 Minutes and 5 Minutes is what it should be.

From a “safety” standpoint, I find it better for two willing guys ready to go, stepping out of the box, off the bench, at the drop safer. It’s not pushing, shoving, helmets pushed up, off balance let’s drop the gloves now.

I find it more dangerous when there’s a scrap in front of the net, someone gets a face wash, someone gets put in a headlock, then they fight on impulse, leaving more room for the helmet to be in the wrong position, falling awkwardly and concussion.

I miss the early/mid 2000s so much.
There was something special about guys dropping their gloves at the drop, taking off their elbow pads, setting their helmets down and just going. Yada-yada, the games changed, it’s not the same, they can’t do that anymore. I know, I know. But it was fun! And the OHL attendance was better than too

Totally agree!! Great post! :thumbu:

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Going to guess that Piiroinen gets the start. Incze will get SSM on Sunday.
If I had to place a wager, I’d bet Incze starts in Flint and if we win he starts in the Zoo tomorrow, and for the last two games. Best shot at winning is tonight and we must concentrate on that. At this stage, IMHO you won’t see Kari unless of injury, illness or a game gets out of hand.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
On the other hand, why not play Piiroinen in the one game where he could do well? Frankly, if it was up to me, it'd be Kari tonight, Incze tomorrow, Kari on Thurs (Flint), Incze on Fri (Sar).

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
On the other hand, why not play Piiroinen in the one game where he could do well? Frankly, if it was up to me, it'd be Kari tonight, Incze tomorrow, Kari on Thurs (Flint), Incze on Fri (Sar).

Letowski is likely coaching for his job and trying to get 7th. He has zero faith in Piroinen and isn't going to put his eggs in that basket.

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
It's probably gonna be Incze tonight and Piiroinen against the Soo. We have a decent chance to win tonight, whereas if the same pattern is continued, Piiroinen will be thrown to the wolves on Sunday. All about making the playoffs right now. The future doesn't matter to TL at this point, simply because he may not have one.

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
Who cares who plays net, especially when there is very little focus on playing well. TL puts his top scorer to serve a penalty in a tight game????? Just like the coach approaches these games, who cares!!!!!

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Who cares who plays net, especially when there is very little focus on playing well. TL puts his top scorer to serve a penalty in a tight game????? Just like the coach approaches these games, who cares!!!!!
But teams seem to put top guys in box if they aren’t PK guys just in case there is that off chance there a scoring chance coming out of the box.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Spit notes....According to the posted line-up. Kari starting, Maddox dressed, Robinson dressed. Allen & Douglas suspended... we will see once the game starts

Reactions: OHLTG

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Rychel dressed. No douglas or Allen at warm ups. Not sure why allen would be suspended. Third fight. Planned fight, game misconduct.

I wonder if Rychel doesn’t get enough minutes Warren will fire TL tomorrow..

DetSpitsFan

Nov 20, 2016
Why is Piiroinen an automatic loss? lol

I wouldn’t say automatic loss but I got the impression Windsor was going all in with Incze based on recent playing time.

Weird call IMO, unless we think we’re going to upset the Soo. Which I’d love to see..

Figured Incze would give them the better chance at points tonight, then Kari in the Soo where I don’t think we should expect anything. A little surprised not to see Vella for flint too. It’s OA night, but he did get peppered with like 50 odd shots in london last night.

Personally liking Boka so far tonight. Seems like without Douglas and Allen he’s back to playing a more physical game delivering hits and stirring things up a little. And yes, he is getting a lot of minutes, I’d prefer to see angle get em but that’s just me.

Reactions: Earlofpoundcake
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad