Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
I really don’t mean this in a bad way so please don’t take it like that.....

Part of me feels like this has ran its course. The fact the Renaud’s are paraded out in front of the crowd etc, I just don’t know if it has the meaning it used too. I agree with the game on the day, a pre game video, the 18s behind the net and the Mickey Renaud trophy but having his parents and extended pregame might be too much now.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Well London is helping out Windsor.
Beating them pretty soundly at the moment.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Part of me wondered the same thing in the past but, as long as his parents are fine with it, I don't have an issue. If there comes a time where they don't want to take part, for whatever reason, then that's when a different path should be taken.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I really don’t mean this in a bad way so please don’t take it like that.....

Part of me feels like this has ran its course. The fact the Renaud’s are paraded out in front of the crowd etc, I just don’t know if it has the meaning it used too. I agree with the game on the day, a pre game video, the 18s behind the net and the Mickey Renaud trophy but having his parents and extended pregame might be too much now.
The big part is to introduce the 2 students that have been given the bursary and for them to drop the puck. It is a much shorter thing now so I am good with this one as 2 different kids benefit from it every year.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
What was the problem you had with the staff last year,even though Weber was there for a little more then half the season .They finished 9-6-2 last 17 games of the after gutting the team excluding Dipietro gave a tougher team then them Sarnia fits in the playoffs,both teams goals against less then .260,were 20 for 20 on the PK,not one hockey person I talked,fans too were disappointed with last season. A team similar to Windsor missed the playoffs by 13 points,and they didnt trade anybody early ie,Stanley,Luchuk,or didnt have a star like Vilardi out till trade deadline or have a Sergachev leave early with all that and having only 3 players left after cup win,Dipietro, Boka,Purboo, I think they did very well considering.
My feelings re this year well documented, with Dipietro before trading him they were trending up not down,just like last year,before trading Luchuk,going up not down,both years struggled after major shuffles,and so far like last year finishing strong.
Glad you are not my GM,wanting to dump money,with no guarantee of no success.
Now if things are the same this team next year I might change my mind,my feeling is if things do change for the better,you will be the last one to say I rushed to judgement not part of your makeup.

There you go looking at the last 17 instead of looking at the whole body of work which was a round 1 loss. Kitchener had a great PK against Sarnia as well so I'm not big on choosing a singular stat. All that tells me is Windsor got beat in the other areas of the game. I would love to have you as a fan of mine because zero expectations, always factors and you would make excuses for me. That's a pretty easy gig. For this year you have made it all about Legend bravo.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Now 1 game in hand.....Windsor, will be the 8th seed and get swept in first round....Erie’s schedule is too difficult than Windsor’s , to bypass us.

A Spitfire victory tomorrow, combined with a Sarnia loss in regulation to Saginaw at home will mean Windsor would leap over Sarnia for 7th,both teams same number of games remaining with 1 game left between the 2 of them, in Sarnia.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
A Spitfire victory tomorrow, combined with a Sarnia loss in regulation to Saginaw at home will mean Windsor would leap over Sarnia for 7th,both teams same number of games remaining with 1 game left between the 2 of them, in Sarnia.

7th place doesn't get much easier come playoff time.
And hurts come draft time.

Reactions: LeProspector

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Unfortunately, a 6/7/8 seed means you get London, SSM, or Saginaw, and the only one who MIGHT be doable is Saginaw, and even Saginaw isn't going to be easy after their deadline moves. There isn't an "I'd prefer this" matchup this season.

Agreed. No matter the team they draw in the first round, if a miracle somehow happens and they get past them, there is next to no chance that luck will be repeated for 3 more rounds against good teams. This is not a season where winning should be in the picture - much prefer if they focus for the draft because that can actually help them when they are ready to win.

Reactions: OHLTG

OttersFan

Jan 6, 2018
Unfortunately, a 6/7/8 seed means you get London, SSM, or Saginaw, and the only one who MIGHT be doable is Saginaw, and even Saginaw isn't going to be easy after their deadline moves. There isn't an "I'd prefer this" matchup this season.
As much as I want Erie to get the 8th seed, I wouldn’t mind having a 4th round pick. Drysdale was a steal for us so hopefully they do the same drafting wise this year. It will not be easy getting an 8th seed with teams being so close in the standings, but keeps everyone on their toes to watch other teams each night. Playoff hockey is the best hockey and I agree, you really can’t find an “easy” scenario this year.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
As much as I want Erie to get the 8th seed, I wouldn’t mind having a 4th round pick. Drysdale was a steal for us so hopefully they do the same drafting wise this year. It will not be easy getting an 8th seed with teams being so close in the standings, but keeps everyone on their toes to watch other teams each night. Playoff hockey is the best hockey and I agree, you really can’t find an “easy” scenario this year.
Erie/Windsor really sitting in the same position at this point. Really not going to gain anything by winning other than a couple of extra gates.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Counting chickens before they hatch are we? Best laid plans of mice and men? Murphy’s Law? ...Remember this is the OHL and anything can and will happen.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Counting chickens before they hatch are we? Best laid plans of mice and men? Murphy’s Law? ...Remember this is the OHL and anything can and will happen.
Wasn't counting chickens,should have written more clearly,If Windsor wins in combination of the rest I stated.
I dont like predicting outcomes backfires more often then not.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I hope there is a good crowd today.
And a win would probably get fans to come back for future games.

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Random thought - With Erie, Spits, Sarnia so close in the standings we may end up with a tie for 8th. Teams cannot be eliminated from the playoffs by a mathematical tie-breaker so there may be a need for a wild card/tie breaker game. Anyone know how they decide home ice for one of these games?

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
Random thought - With Erie, Spits, Sarnia so close in the standings we may end up with a tie for 8th. Teams cannot be eliminated from the playoffs by a mathematical tie-breaker so there may be a need for a wild card/tie breaker game. Anyone know how they decide home ice for one of these games?

TIE BREAKING SYSTEM

If two or more teams are tied for the final OHL playoff position in either conference, sudden-death playoff games will be used to determine the team that advances.
For all other playoff positions, the following tie-breaking procedures are in place:
  1. The team with the most number of wins during the regular season shall be declared higher in the standings.
  2. If two teams are still tied, the team with the best record in head-to-head competition (based on points including overtime losses) shall be declared higher in the standings. If more than two teams are tied after the first tie-breaker, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other shall be used to determine the standing.
  3. If still tied, the team with the greater differential between goals scored for and against by clubs having equal standing after the second tie-breaker shall be declared higher in the standings.

Reactions: three dog night

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
TIE BREAKING SYSTEM

If two or more teams are tied for the final OHL playoff position in either conference, sudden-death playoff games will be used to determine the team that advances.
For all other playoff positions, the following tie-breaking procedures are in place:
  1. The team with the most number of wins during the regular season shall be declared higher in the standings.
  2. If two teams are still tied, the team with the best record in head-to-head competition (based on points including overtime losses) shall be declared higher in the standings. If more than two teams are tied after the first tie-breaker, the percentage of available points earned in games among each other shall be used to determine the standing.
  3. If still tied, the team with the greater differential between goals scored for and against by clubs having equal standing after the second tie-breaker shall be declared higher in the standings.
So is that how they determine home ice?

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
They are doing their best to fin-ish as high as possible and that means riding the hot hand. Unless Incze has a terrible game in the next 11 you can expect the Fin to ride the pine...

Well that improves his development. Lol.
I understand what windsor is doing. But isnt the fin the future????

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad