Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Through 57 games Spits are the following
2-11-1 against London,SSM,Ottawa,Niagara,all 1st place teams going for it.
And Windsor is 0-6 against these teams excluding Ottawa since Dipietro was moved
Windsor is 9-6 against,Saginaw, Guelph,Sudbury, and Oshawa,all 2nd place teams,and they are all going for it too,except maybe Oshawa.
Against the other 11 teams in the league,Spits are 12-11-2-3,including a record of 3-5-0-1 against the other 6 teams from the East.
Spits are 5-11-0-1 against the East overall and have 3 games with that conference remaining, all at home btw,vs Peterborough, North Bay and Kingston.
Spits are 9-6-2-2 against the other 5 teams in the West,Kitchener, Sarnia,Owen Sound,Erie,Flint,and have 5 games remaining against these teams,with 3 of them at home.
Yawn. Not sure what point you trying to make by posting these stats over and over and over again. This team has been disappointing this year.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Selective memory HL ;) .
Your original posts to me n this subject did not include these disclaimers. But sure, get on the bike n back pedal lol.
Been thru this before. But whatever. I responded to you n your post and then you got on the horse lol. Its all public

But regardless you posted Windsor would compete with London this year n next. You got called on it by me. You then wanted to add qualifiers "after your comments got called on" and you wouldnt stand behind your posts even for charity. (No biggie, I get it. You spoke before thinking it thru or are a bad judge of talent/team..... potential.
Its easily referenced if ya need verification ;)
Best part, was the comment and your potential to revisit bet for charity, WHEN you thought you got a positive on your side (after slinking away) and said youd consider the charity deal............ But again slinked away after your hopeful adv potentially went away. Again bo biggie lok. Juat hirts your cred.

Year 2 of your rebuild and your team took another step back. No biggie, just own it. Things look optimistic for a couple years doen the road. JMO.
But your posts from last year and the optimism you went on about from staff to players suggested you expected a big step forward. Didnt happened, so you reset the needle n change your narrative. No biggie, everyone here sees it. In fact, I think you "knew" these players ..you reference in the Forest City were gone and wouldnt return. ;) and u posted as much. So you were wrong in your assesssment/and or your personal wishes.
But regardless, you posted Windsor would compete with London this year n next. You got called on it by me. You then wanted to add qualifiers and wouldnt stand behind your posts even for charity. (No biggie, I get it)
Its easily referenced if ya need verification ;)

Actually if you were truthful and I have the messages, I said I would do it for charity next year and the year after,wasn't going to bet you once the 2 players were coming back,you knew that but that's okay, not sure why you come our forum and try to embarrass me,I get treated unfairly on London forum by most,classless bunch,its a wonder you dont get treated the same here.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Yawn. Not sure what point you trying to make by posting these stats over and over and over again. This team has been disappointing this year.

Actually more then a few asked to post this,alot can't figure out why this forum is so anti Windsor in the relative early stages of a rebuild.
Must say I agree with them.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Actually if you were truthful and I have the messages, I said I would do it for charity next year and the year after,wasn't going to bet you once the 2 players were coming back,you knew that but that's okay, not sure why you come our forum and try to embarrass me,I get treated unfairly on London forum by most,classless bunch,its a wonder you dont get treated the same here.

Take it as you will lol.

Lets show all the messages HL, from the start. Itll show your back pedal.
Call out someones honesty ya better be sure. Please share all posts and dont play the selective game you do with Spits reg season stats. Cause you will get called on it.
Or better yet do so, and Ill fill in the blanks with the ones you leave out. You dont own your words n claims unless you are right and if you are wrong......You become arrogant and/or dismissive to othets.
When your wrong its turtle in the shell time.

My intention is not embarrass u. But if ya wanna attack people, name call, refuse any dialogue that doesnt support your agenda and make claims that arent factual, use both sides of fence to make points depending on the day.....

Its too bad. You have more to offer than that.

I wonder why you feel unfairly treated on London forum but I dont feel that way here? Maybe look in tbe mirror? Its what and how you post.
Stop trying to lay the blame on how so many respond to you on HF as someone elses doing. Own it yourself. You get challenged more often by more posters than any1 on HF ( that isnt just trolling fof fun)
Ever think of why?

Again you can be better than that.

Last edited:
Reactions: RayzorIsDull

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Actually more then a few asked to post this,alot can't figure out why this forum is so anti Windsor in the relative early stages of a rebuild.
Must say I agree with them.
Still not sure what point you are trying to make by posting the same stats every other week. No one is anti windsor. All we want to see is progression. The team be competitive every game. Not 4 games here and 2 games there. Sure a team is going to have a bad game here and there but these guys just seem to go a handful games at a time. We want to clearly see the team is greatly improved from beginning of the year. Right now i don’t think they are. The rest of season will be interesting to see. They should have a winning record in the remaining games they have. Not sure who you talk to but the people i have spoke to aren’t happy with how season has gone either.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Afanasyev has decommitted from MSU. Expected to sign with the Spitfires unless the NHL team who drafts him chooses otherwise.

I know there has been a discussion on here dealing with picks or player in this instance. Good points on both sides.

Im always a fan of adding talent to a team. (Its why I liked the Cuylle deal for Windsor at the time) If he is a standout top line player it helps the DiPi trade perception with fans and the teams bottom line. If he is a mid 6 player, average type player.... Not so much. I dont remember him from MM so no idea but hope he works out for ya if he shows.

Either way Im sure itll be a topic of discussion on here

Reactions: ohloutsider

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Still not sure what point you are trying to make by posting the same stats every other week. No one is anti windsor. All we want to see is progression. The team be competitive every game. Not 4 games here and 2 games there. Sure a team is going to have a bad game here and there but these guys just seem to go a handful games at a time. We want to clearly see the team is greatly improved from beginning of the year. Right now i don’t think they are. The rest of season will be interesting to see. They should have a winning record in the remaining games they have. Not sure who you talk to but the people i have spoke to aren’t happy with how season has gone either.
Team improvement is a little hard to decifer unless it is based on wins/losses. With a team that has a younger core I tend to look at this player by player. Earlier post I talked about how the younger group is by far the best grouping and therefore I am not going to judge them for not being able to carry the team to an OHL title. No rookie group is going to do this. The older players have not shown any sign of being able to carry this team so I know I am babbling here but I spend my time just watching the younger kids. I look from improvement from the younger group as this is our future. My case study has been Henault - This is a player that is improving.
Older group ( 19 and 20 yr old group) I honestly don't care at this point - just waiting for them to age out and or be traded.

Side note - anyone notice the change in Mr Allen's play? Since returning from his suspension he has been nothing but a quiet mouse on the ice. TL not a fan of the tough stuff so I'm sure he got the word.

Shortstop

Nov 14, 2018
Robinson 2 goals and 2 assists last night. Somebody tell me a gain why we’re using 5 D and not getting him in?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Robinson 2 goals and 2 assists last night. Somebody tell me a gain why we’re using 5 D and not getting him in?

That's because Warren wants to test the mettle of this team. If they can play shorthanded for the next 20 games or so they will prove their worth..... Then WR will swoop in and give Letowski reinforcements so the team can be a 5th seed next year..........

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
That’s an uncalled for low blow. Thought we were tryin to be better?? There’s a couple reasons y. Not great but they do hold some water. I can’t fault him cause he’s the GM. Others may do it differently but it’s certainly not just because lol.

Reactions: hockeylegend11

Teflon

Jan 6, 2018
Please let’s not see all the garbage posts again from the start from either of you guys!!! It’s almost painful to read the stuff that’s current never mind having to re-read it!!!

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Team improvement is a little hard to decifer unless it is based on wins/losses. With a team that has a younger core I tend to look at this player by player. Earlier post I talked about how the younger group is by far the best grouping and therefore I am not going to judge them for not being able to carry the team to an OHL title. No rookie group is going to do this. The older players have not shown any sign of being able to carry this team so I know I am babbling here but I spend my time just watching the younger kids. I look from improvement from the younger group as this is our future. My case study has been Henault - This is a player that is improving.
Older group ( 19 and 20 yr old group) I honestly don't care at this point - just waiting for them to age out and or be traded.

Side note - anyone notice the change in Mr Allen's play? Since returning from his suspension he has been nothing but a quiet mouse on the ice. TL not a fan of the tough stuff so I'm sure he got the word.
I’m really pleased with the way Henault has progressed. He has been a pleasent surprise. I agree that the young guys will only take team so far with their limited experience. I don’t look at wins and loses much right now. I’m looking for consistency in effort and play. Is the pk progressing and PP progressi g from beginning of year to now. Is team more discipline now. Are we still seeing same mistakes now that happened at beginning of season. Things like that. I think Henault and Ladd have shown greatest improvement on D. Was hoping to see more from Corcoran and Staios defensively but maybe they are late bloomers or just aren’t being coached right.

You are right about Allen.

Reactions: ohloutsider

Cherrydon

Jan 4, 2019
WINDSOR
Looking for clarification. Is TL contract 3 or 4 yrs.? I also understand that if a coach is fired and accepts a coaching job elsewhere the old team is off the hook to payout the balance of the old contract or subject to only paying the difference if the new contract is for less money. Is this true? I do know if a fired coach sits idle for the remaining term of the contract you are liable to pay the balance of the contract. Unfortunately a resume stating you have not won a single OHL playoff series as Head coach or associate coach in your 9 yrs of coaching does not put you at the top of the wanted list. It must be the fault of the players lol

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
I would think a coaches contract could have different clauses for termination.

But ya usually the team has to pay them out or maybe lump sum payout? Lots of options to write into a deal.

Reactions: punch1943

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
I know nobody agrees with me on this one but I see him better off playing and getting big minutes in Jrb rather than coming to the Spits and watching from the bench/ getting the odd shift. I still think he will get some games here but why not let him play the year out in LaSalle, what is it really going to do for the Spits? He will not be a factor in any win/loss so other than the odd shift to spell the other D why is this a bad thing to let him play more? He seems to be improving there so why bring him here to have TL sit him on the bench?

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
That's okay if u are stubborn, 99 per cent of hockey people would get what I am saying,jr. hockey cycles is a reality not an excuse.

Get those hockey people on here. Obviously you have many great hockey people who agree you it might be good for your ability to pat yourself on the back which you obviously love to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad