Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
That's who it was! Incze did what he had to do. If Prosvetov wanted some of the action, he had plenty of time to skate down and join in. Heck, I was surprised he didn't. Center ice is good but when the camera was on him, looked more like he was either waiting for instructions from the bench or going to the bench itself.
I’m thinking the last thing saginaw wants is to lose him for 2 games when the team is on a roll. Probably smart he didn’t.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
That's who it was! Incze did what he had to do. If Prosvetov wanted some of the action, he had plenty of time to skate down and join in. Heck, I was surprised he didn't. Center ice is good but when the camera was on him, looked more like he was either waiting for instructions from the bench or going to the bench itself.

r u just for fighting?
the spirit goalie stopped going to center when incze stopped.
there was no need for the goalie fight.

Reactions: Finster8

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
Spits need to find their next DJ Smith on the coaching staff, it isn't Weber that's for sure. The "unhappy" players I think is just a red herring. I am sure there are players on every below average team that aren't happy. If all the players were happy on a team like that there is a problem. I don't believe those players being unhappy is as big of factor as people want to believe. The coaching staff is probably the larger factor imo.
I think it is too. I think it bigger then we know or think.

Reactions: OHLTG

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I’m thinking the last thing saginaw wants is to lose him for 2 games when the team is on a roll. Probably smart he didn’t.

I think at that point it would be four games - two leaving crease + two removing helmet?! When Guigovaz got into his fight in Guelph, it was five games.

Regarding player happiness - you can be happy on a team that's inconsistent if everyone is on the same page and the coaches are respected/liked. The future is bright and there's plenty to be positive about.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london

So he skated to centre ice.......and Incze didnt go meet him, after getting involved in his end? Kinda the rule with tenders. Respect sorta thing. If ya wanna answer the bell you dont make him go 200 ft. You answer the challenge, not stay in your end. You are all about fighting "code" Im shocked after the description I got here that you wanted Sag goalie to go 200ft. Im sure it would have been much different if the situation was reversed.

I didnt see it do no idea, but if the above is true you cant play it off as looking to the bench for direction or going to the bench. It was a statement. Unwritten challenge. One I thought you would appreciate and call for an answer from........
Maybe Incze wawnt up to it?

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
I think at that point it would be four games - two leaving crease + two removing helmet?! When Guigovaz got into his fight in Guelph, it was five games.

Regarding player happiness - you can be happy on a team that's inconsistent if everyone is on the same page and the coaches are respected/liked. The future is bright and there's plenty to be positive about.
There is a bright future but is everyone respecting or liking the coach is the question.

Reactions: OHLTG

TheGremlin

May 23, 2018
Somewhere
So he skated to centre ice.......and Incze didnt go meet him, after getting involved in his end? Kinda the rule with tenders. Respect sorta thing. If ya wanna answer the bell you dont make him go 200 ft. You answer the challenge, not stay in your end. You are all about fighting "code" Im shocked after the description I got here that you wanted Sag goalie to go 200ft. Im sure it would have been much different if the situation was reversed.

I didnt see it do no idea, but if the above is true you cant play it off as looking to the bench for direction or going to the bench. It was a statement. Unwritten challenge. One I thought you would appreciate and call for an answer from........

I can see Saginaw not wanting their goalie to go in to fight and be lost for possibly 5 games. They are playing very good hockey and i’m not sure how their backups would fair. Also if a tender wants to go he will get down there and go. Not just hope other guy will meet at centre ice

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

very true.
all above.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI
Inzce was calling prosvetov on. Didn’t look like he was backing down at all. Why not call out the cheap shot from o’grady. If it was a spit you’d sure call it.

Then call out the cheap headshot 44 put on perfetti earlier in the game. Cant have it both ways. Ogradys shot was payback. That's what happens in hockey. You knock my guy I'll get yours. I have 0 problem with payback for a cheap shot on a rookie.

As for saying Inzce didnt back down he literally never made it past the top of the circles. No way prosvetov is going to take a suspension for skating across center if Inzce isnt going to man up. Easy to look tough going after a guy tied up with a linesman

Reactions: aresknights

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I can see Saginaw not wanting their goalie to go in to fight and be lost for possibly 5 games. They are playing very good hockey and i’m not sure how their backups would fair. Also if a tender wants to go he will get down there and go. Not just hope other guy will meet at centre ice

yes,
spirit are playing really good hockey.
lots of points.
getting close to the Soo and London.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Then call out the cheap headshot 44 put on perfetti earlier in the game. Cant have it both ways. Ogradys shot was payback. That's what happens in hockey. You knock my guy I'll get yours. I have 0 problem with payback for a cheap shot on a rookie.

As for saying Inzce didnt back down he literally never made it past the top of the circles. No way prosvetov is going to take a suspension for skating across center if Inzce isnt going to man up. Easy to look tough going after a guy tied up with a linesman

yep.
linesman was trying to do his job.
Incze backed down quickly.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario

The incident wasn't at the net, it was more at the blue-line by the one bench. Prosvetov stopped at center ice while Incze wasn't more than 30 feet away. I'm going by what I saw on the TV; looked very much like Prosvetov was 50/50 on joining in. Looking back at previous goalie scraps (or near scraps), they just went for it - Josh Unice (only to be stopped by official), Engelage/Pasquale, and Nichols/Guigovaz.

As for saying Inzce didnt back down he literally never made it past the top of the circles. No way prosvetov is going to take a suspension for skating
across center if Inzce isnt going to man up. Easy to look tough going after a guy tied up with a linesman

If you see a goalie go after your teammate, you either jump in or you don't. Like I said above, every goalie fight (or near fight) I've seen had zero hesistation. Jump into the situation and the center line isn't even looked at.

I'm all for them going if need be. I can see why they wouldn't, of course, but I fully expected Prosvetov to ignore everything and b-line for Incze. It didn't happen.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
How is the star going to spin the latest loss for Windsor tomorrow?
Next week is going to be a very tough week too.

Spits 113

Dec 2, 2018
Not at you. I agree there was no need for a goalie fight. 44 hit was questionable but no call on the play. A sucker punch is dirtier

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
The incident wasn't at the net, it was more at the blue-line by the one bench. Prosvetov stopped at center ice while Incze wasn't more than 30 feet away. I'm going by what I saw on the TV; looked very much like Prosvetov was 50/50 on joining in. Looking back at previous goalie scraps (or near scraps), they just went for it - Josh Unice (only to be stopped by official), Engelage/Pasquale, and Nichols/Guigovaz.

If you see a goalie go after your teammate, you either jump in or you don't. Like I said above, every goalie fight (or near fight) I've seen had zero hesistation. Jump into the situation and the center line isn't even looked at.

I'm all for them going if need be. I can see why they wouldn't, of course, but I fully expected Prosvetov to ignore everything and b-line for Incze. It didn't happen.

Incze was near the circle.
Wasn't going to even attempt to skate further.
Once the other goalie skated towards him, Incze backed off.

bcspragu

Aug 17, 2012
Saginaw, MI

Incident wasnt at blue line. It was right between the circles. Prosvetov blined to his blue line and the coach yelled his name and told him to stay at the red line which is why he looked to the bench (presumably because going across center would have gotten him him auto suspended) Incze turned around and skated to the door. My seat is right at the blue line.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Any word on the signing (potential) of Afanaseyev?

Happy to answer your question
Based on what I hear from scouts and other people in know,I would guess 97-99% chance Windsor will have him in their lineup next season, and that he will by pass Michigan State.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad