Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Thread (Part 7)

Status
Not open for further replies.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I believe Robinson (D) is signed to a B card but his playing time depends on LaSalle. I don't think I've heard of any forwards on a B card.

It's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Robinson is the leading D-man scorer on the Vipers with 28 points in 40 games. They kind of need him for the playoff run. You almost want to find someone who can fill in as the sixth d-man, but someone who's not vital to their Jr B team's run.

member 71782

Not to diminish what LaSalle is doing but how important is a playoff run to Windsor?

We always hear about the need for the Spits to make the playoffs, simply for the revenue. We also hear about how meaningful playoff experience is for the young kids.

Here we are in the last few weeks, a team that had higher expectations at the start of the year, struggling to stay in a playoff spot yet not willing to do all they can to keep their hopes alive.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
We were talking about this on Thurs night. If you get 8th, you're facing London. If you get 7th, it's SSM or Saginaw. If you get 6th, you likely have SSM/Sag/Gue. There's no real good option there. The Spits could have success against Saginaw, as they're 3-1 at home on the season, but even those odds have diminished following the deadline.

Frankly, if they're going to fall into 8th, I'd rather have 9th. Save some playoff ticket $$ and get the better picks.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I missed the first two min of the 2p, but looks like Henault just got hurt and had to be helped off the ice (per Jim Parker. "Putting no weight on his right leg."

"Henault now making his way to the dressing room favouring his right leg" - update.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
I missed the first two min of the 2p, but looks like Henault just got hurt and had to be helped off the ice (per Jim Parker. "Putting no weight on his right leg."

"Henault now making his way to the dressing room favouring his right leg" - update.

more playing time for Boka now. haha

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
Usually your 1st rd playoff has low attendance anyway and the way the team has been this season I dont think many suckers will buy into a playoff appearance anyway.......lets go for the high pick I agree !!!!!

Reactions: TheGremlin

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Defensive breakdowns and it's 3-3.

2nd Otters goal had the player go around Stevenson, then flicks it over Incze's blocker.

3rd Otters goal was a loose puck in the slot and Sproule puts it blocker side.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015

43 is back on the ice in the 3rd.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
I said the same thing. "Cuylle's not out there? He okay?"

4-3 Erie in the shootout. OT was wide open hockey and the shootout went nine rounds.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Spits lose in OT to Erie.
Pretty even game for a 8th vs 9th place team.
Coaching garbage again.
PP awful again.
Spits goalie didn't play bad. Windsor didn't score enough for him.
Spits played a good 1st period but relaxed in the 3rd period and that burned them.
Standings didn't really change much.
Erie just 1 point closer with 2 games in hand still

OHL 17

Nov 8, 2018
Windsor, On
I believe Robinson (D) is signed to a B card but his playing time depends on LaSalle. I don't think I've heard of any forwards on a B card.

It's kind of a "damned if you do, damned if you don't" situation. Robinson is the leading D-man scorer on the Vipers with 28 points in 40 games. They kind of need him for the playoff run. You almost want to find someone who can fill in as the sixth d-man, but someone who's not vital to their Jr B team's run.

The Vipers are locked in 5th, so it would not matter if he played for the Spits until the Viper's playoff begins.

Reactions: OHLTG

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
The Vipers are locked in 5th, so it would not matter if he played for the Spits until the Viper's playoff begins.
Other than games played - he can"t play over 10 games. If he did he could not go back to the Vipers. Best to keep him in the wings in case of an injury. once Spits are down to 8 or so games he could play some games. I think he has played 2 already.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Other than games played - he can"t play over 10 games. If he did he could not go back to the Vipers. Best to keep him in the wings in case of an injury. once Spits are down to 8 or so games he could play some games. I think he has played 2 already.

He has seven games left, I believe. With Ladd out, and Henault 50/50 after tonight, perhaps it's time to make the move.

As far as playoffs go - I remember playing London a handful of seasons ago and the fans just knew what was coming. Attendance was horrible and there was zero atmosphere in the rink. It was very much a "let's just get this over with" scene. We don't need that.

spitsfan24

Mar 18, 2017
To me, it seems like the team is trying to lose more than they win. It looks like they don't want the playoff $$$. If they're trying to win, there really isn't an excuse for dressing under the limit virtually every game. Now I didn't watch the game so I don't know how well Garagan played, but from what I've seen, I don't think there should ever be a time where he shoots that early. Especially in front of D'Amico, Foudy, or even Playfair, who scored tonight. It just screams tanking to me.

I don't think we should be trying to lose, but honestly, getting murdered by a team like London in the first round isn't going to accomplish much. So getting the higher pick is probably the best route.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
He has seven games left, I believe. With Ladd out, and Henault 50/50 after tonight, perhaps it's time to make the move.

As far as playoffs go - I remember playing London a handful of seasons ago and the fans just knew what was coming. Attendance was horrible and there was zero atmosphere in the rink. It was very much a "let's just get this over with" scene. We don't need that.

the atmosphere around the rink the last month has been like that.
lets get this over with.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad