Windsor Spitfires 2018-19 Season Thread (Part 6)

Status
Not open for further replies.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Rayzor

Dont know you why knock every move Windsor makes,Campbell while not a goal scorer,is a serviceable experienced guy,who skates well,penalty kills,5th year player whose experience will help the younger guys on the club both on forward and D.
You need guys who play the right way.
Earlier you said Spits needed a top 5
pick from the draft,and they did via trade with Peterborough, and you still complain.
Now if Spits had 14 forwards and 2 or 3 were or are as old as Campbell I would get it regarding ice time re youngsters, in this case no,nothing wrong with filling roster with capable players.

Maybe they will get a younger guy coming in but arguably moving Kutkevicius/Morgan out to get Campbell doesn't make the team better. Windsor needed a body to fill out the roster, he will get a few shifts but he's not an answer moving forward and there are far more questions moving forward. I think most people would prefer answers to those questions.

What's this top 5 pick and complaining? Are you talking about this year? The issue is management/coaches/players have a large impact on how the season goes. This was not expected to be a season where they pick top 5. To where they are at the present this is what they are now. They need a top 5 but geez louise look how they got into the situation that's the issue. Talk to us how they have gotten to this point in time now, that's all that matters.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Does anyone know WHY Kutkevicius was released? When you've got 16 points in 30 games, you're producing, so something else is likely the issue... no?

Maybe that but there was also a performance/conditional pick attached in the trade the Spits would have to give up a 4th in 2021 if he had reached those goals. Spits aren't in the situation where they can just start giving away a 6th in 2018 and an additional 4th in 2021 for a guy that doesn't make a big difference.

Reactions: punch1943

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
What were the performance conditions, though? If you're getting solid production out of a forward, maybe it's worth it to keep him around and you figure out the picks down the road. A fourth in 2021 can be recovered.

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
Maybe they will get a younger guy coming in but arguably moving Kutkevicius/Morgan out to get Campbell doesn't make the team better. Windsor needed a body to fill out the roster, he will get a few shifts but he's not an answer moving forward and there are far more questions moving forward. I think most people would prefer answers to those questions.

What's this top 5 pick and complaining? Are you talking about this year? The issue is management/coaches/players have a large impact on how the season goes. This was not expected to be a season where they pick top 5. To where they are at the present this is what they are now. They need a top 5 but geez louise look how they got into the situation that's the issue. Talk to us how they have gotten to this point in time now, that's all that matters.

"Kutkevicius/Morgan out to get Campbell doesn't make the team better" - Actually....releasing/removing a player that is toxic in the room, shows no leadership skills, and got to the point were his teammates were beyond sick of his crap....I would say is a solid move!! Not one team in the OHL wanted Kut. Morgan wanted to be traded and the return the Spit's got for him was fair. If you don't know the whole situation in regards to these 2 players....best not to assume. Also....maybe this is the right season for the Spit's to have gotten a top 5, as we all know and can see the potential in Cuylle, when opportunity came knocking WR was right to pull the trigger. The amount of minutes Cuylle has been logging this season is only a good thing moving forward. I would be lying if I said the Spit's are not in a real mess right now, it is what it is, but instead of venting and repeating yourself by using WR qoutes from the beginning of the season on a weekly basis......you do have the option to move on. Because lets face it Rayzor.....even when the Spit's right this ship you and windsor7 will still be on here bitching no matter what. You 2 will still be trying to argue with certain posters over the same things that have been argued to death for the last god knows how many years you have been on here. It's never going to change, but you always have your beloved Greyhounds.

punch1943

Apr 15, 2012
South Detroit
As well, the Windsor #Spitfires @SpitsHockey have released Russian defenceman Lev Starikov. Roster now stands at 20 with 12 forwards, six defencemen and two goalies. GM says a move could come before deadline, but not anticipating anything big.
Jim Parker added,
Jim Parker

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
"Kutkevicius/Morgan out to get Campbell doesn't make the team better" - Actually....releasing/removing a player that is toxic in the room, shows no leadership skills, and got to the point were his teammates were beyond sick of his crap....I would say is a solid move!! Not one team in the OHL wanted Kut. Morgan wanted to be traded and the return the Spit's got for him was fair. If you don't know the whole situation in regards to these 2 players....best not to assume. Also....maybe this is the right season for the Spit's to have gotten a top 5, as we all know and can see the potential in Cuylle, when opportunity came knocking WR was right to pull the trigger. The amount of minutes Cuylle has been logging this season is only a good thing moving forward. I would be lying if I said the Spit's are not in a real mess right now, it is what it is, but instead of venting and repeating yourself by using WR qoutes from the beginning of the season on a weekly basis......you do have the option to move on. Because lets face it Rayzor.....even when the Spit's right this ship you and windsor7 will still be on here *****ing no matter what. You 2 will still be trying to argue with certain posters over the same things that have been argued to death for the last god knows how many years you have been on here. It's never going to change, but you always have your beloved Greyhounds.

This feels appropriate - "Good post." :laugh::laugh:

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
As for Starikov - I'm disappointed. He was a good kid and had plenty of potential, as seen by the NHL rankings. While he was solid last season, you could tell he just never found that extra gear since he came back in Sept. Something wasn't clicking. I hate that it's come down to this, I really do. I just hope that he finds his way and has a good career, wherever he winds up.

member 71782

As well, the Windsor #Spitfires @SpitsHockey have released Russian defenceman Lev Starikov. Roster now stands at 20 with 12 forwards, six defencemen and two goalies. GM says a move could come before deadline, but not anticipating anything big.
Jim Parker added,
Jim Parker

Not surprising, he has regressed significantly this year and his time would be better served developing Robinson.

I would guess Rychel was hoping to get something, a swap of imports such as Starikov for someone's 19 year old or OA import forward that wasn't meeting expectations. Would have cleaned up Rychel's shopping list minus any surprise moves/replacements (Boka/Purboo).

I imagine Robinson starts to see a couple of games now, obviously injury call up etc which is good.

This is likely going to be the slowest deadline, cheapest as well for Rychel barring any surprises. While another forward is needed any other additions likely puts McDonald or an 01 back to the press box rotation once Playfair returns.

windsor7

Nov 29, 2015
Jim Parker added,
Jim Parker

So they release a player yet r having a tough time filling a roster team. Kinda head scratcher. I wasnt a fan of 71 but this is confusing. How r they going to fill the roster? Spend the picks they just acquired? Doesnt seem to be a healthy attack if that how it goes

ohloutsider

Jan 13, 2016
Rock & Hardplace
Jim Parker added,
Jim Parker
I'm not sure what to think of this move - not surprised by it other than timing. Never seemed to be interested once he returned this year. I hope he can go home refocus and maybe find somewhere close to home to play and improve.

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
So they release a player yet r having a tough time filling a roster team. Kinda head scratcher. I wasnt a fan of 71 but this is confusing. How r they going to fill the roster? Spend the picks they just acquired? Doesnt seem to be a healthy attack if that how it goes

They had seven d-men dressed last night. This brings them down to six. What they lack are forwards - they had just 10 dressed last night. Campbell makes 11 and Playfair, when he returns, makes 12. Ideally, they get another F in there asap.

4 Bobby ORR

Nov 26, 2008
South Detroit
They had seven d-men dressed last night. This brings them down to six. What they lack are forwards - they had just 10 dressed last night. Campbell makes 11 and Playfair, when he returns, makes 12. Ideally, they get another F in there asap.
Why wouldn't they just play Corcoran as a forward. This is a head shaker move.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
"Kutkevicius/Morgan out to get Campbell doesn't make the team better" - Actually....releasing/removing a player that is toxic in the room, shows no leadership skills, and got to the point were his teammates were beyond sick of his crap....I would say is a solid move!! Not one team in the OHL wanted Kut. Morgan wanted to be traded and the return the Spit's got for him was fair. If you don't know the whole situation in regards to these 2 players....best not to assume. Also....maybe this is the right season for the Spit's to have gotten a top 5, as we all know and can see the potential in Cuylle, when opportunity came knocking WR was right to pull the trigger. The amount of minutes Cuylle has been logging this season is only a good thing moving forward. I would be lying if I said the Spit's are not in a real mess right now, it is what it is, but instead of venting and repeating yourself by using WR qoutes from the beginning of the season on a weekly basis......you do have the option to move on. Because lets face it Rayzor.....even when the Spit's right this ship you and windsor7 will still be on here *****ing no matter what. You 2 will still be trying to argue with certain posters over the same things that have been argued to death for the last god knows how many years you have been on here. It's never going to change, but you always have your beloved Greyhounds.

So releasing/removing the player that is toxic took 3+ months to happen. Or let me guess he just became toxic 30+ games into the year. Not one team wanted Kutkevicius and Campbell is on his 5th OHL team. Take your own advice if you don't know the situation best not assume.

Yes nobody has said otherwise about Cuylle. The question is whether or not you can build up a roster around him. Since you want to throw out things like that you already said to me a few months ago I would be real surprised with this team and it would be exciting.

Yes just like you/OHLTG/Legend leading the hear no evil see no evil brigade and trying to dress this up as a successful year because the young kids are playing and now they got rid of a toxic player in the room.

The Greyhounds aren't beloved they play a nice appealing style of hockey. They draft well, develop players well and have success on the ice. No different than London, I don't like London but I certainly respect their hockey model. Is it fair to say how you lump myself and Windsor7 together you and Rychel are lock step because certainly seems like it.

RayzorIsDull

Nov 16, 2007
bp on hfboards
Something is rotten in Denmark! WR must be bring in another Import. Not a good move letting the kid go back to Russia for Christmas then bringing him back to release him in a little over a week.

2017 import draft was biffed, 156 games between Koz/Starikov/Schmeinz 12 goals between them all collectively lasting 1.5 years. That isn't good enough at this level when you only have 30 cards at your disposal in a year.

Reactions: windsor7

OHLTG

Nov 18, 2008
behind lens, Ontario
Who's dressing this up as a "successful year"? There's plenty of hope for the future, but I don't think anyone is thinking this year went the way we had wanted/hoped.

So releasing/removing the player that is toxic took 3+ months to happen. Or let me guess he just became toxic 30+ games into the year.

I'm surprised there's any backlash to trying to fix a room issue. If they did this at the start of the season, there'd be annoyance that they brought someone back for a short time and wasted a card. We've seen that before on here. So, they wait it out, try to solve it, and, when nothing can be done, adios.

Reactions: DetSpitsFan

randomhero4life

Jan 4, 2017
South Detroit
So releasing/removing the player that is toxic took 3+ months to happen. Or let me guess he just became toxic 30+ games into the year. Not one team wanted Kutkevicius and Campbell is on his 5th OHL team. Take your own advice if you don't know the situation best not assume.

Yes nobody has said otherwise about Cuylle. The question is whether or not you can build up a roster around him. Since you want to throw out things like that you already said to me a few months ago I would be real surprised with this team and it would be exciting.

Yes just like you/OHLTG/Legend leading the hear no evil see no evil brigade and trying to dress this up as a successful year because the young kids are playing and now they got rid of a toxic player in the room.

The Greyhounds aren't beloved they play a nice appealing style of hockey. They draft well, develop players well and have success on the ice. No different than London, I don't like London but I certainly respect their hockey model. Is it fair to say how you lump myself and Windsor7 together you and Rychel are lock step because certainly seems like it.

I know exactly what the situation was for Kut, Morgan, Kut's attitude the last month or so was less than stellar and it did come to a head. Morgan has had issues I will not get into. I am the farthest thing from being in the "No evil brigade" I has posted on here many ...many times this season my 2 cents and I would say it's 50/50 as that is what I aim to be. Unlike you and certain others that only come on here to complain about everything, argue for the sake of arguing!! My wife and all her friends could get together and they would not bitch and whine as much as you guys!! You guys are a bunch of drama queens!! :nod: Say the wrong thing to you guys and you run right to the mods!! Sad is the word!! There is an old saying "Those that can... do!...those who can't ...critique" That's where you fall in. A know it all blow hard with spectator experiance and second hand hockey knowledge and info. Stop being so butt hurt because you don't know how to skate! :laugh:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad