Windsor Spitfires 2016-17 Season Thread (Part 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.

KyGuy9

Sep 7, 2012
Awesome, awesome job Spitfires. Didn't think it was gonna happen through the year and they've proven me wrong. Amazing finish to a tough year.

rangersblues

Mar 21, 2010
There was very little difference between 1 to 5 in the OHL west. These "embarrassments" will stop when the W and Q bring up their level of play.
Congrats Spits. Well deserved.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
As jackie Gleason used to say "How Sweet It Is".............:yo::handclap:

great job Spits , Mikey's draft stock has just went up and no one deserves it more than him, he was our rock.

Big thx to the Windsor fan's that booed wee davey and show him that we havent forgotten...............I heard it loud and clear here at home.......:handclap::handclap:

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Congrats. And enjoy.

They won the tourney and earned it this week.

Having watched DiPi as a minor midget often, hearing good things from our kids about him, posting from day of draft Spits fans would love him....Im glad he's got the national recognition he deserved.

Last edited:

SpItFiReZ

Jan 4, 2004
Wooooooo what a win! What a tourney and what a game! Back door or not, Windsor went 4-0 and 3 cups in what 8-9 years? Wooooo

OSA

Jun 11, 2011
11 straight wins at the Memorial Cup. Amazing!

Congratulations Spits fans

Sec108

Sep 5, 2011
I hope all the out of town fan's had a great time and saw Windsor/Essex for what it really is..........canada's hidden gem.:nod:

three dog night

May 3, 2014
Never saw this coming at the start of the tourney but Congrats to Windsor on your Memorial Cup win nice to see Knott score a big goal in tonight game.

youngblood10

Jan 26, 2010
Congratulations Spits!

What a team to follow. Not many fans can say they've watched a team win Cups thru the front door, back door, back to back, start 0-2, run the table, in each league, on home ice and all in 8 years. Really incredible.

Haters are going to hate. Hate the game not the player and really if it was that easy to do the host team would win it every year.

aresknights

Dec 27, 2009
london
Congratulations Spits!

What a team to follow. Not many fans can say they've watched a team win Cups thru the front door, back door, back to back, start 0-2, run the table, in each league, on home ice and all in 8 years. Really incredible.

Haters are going to hate. Hate the game not the player and really if it was that easy to do the host team would win it every year.

Enjoy. They earned it, beating the OHL best team 2x this week. Great game plan. Good execution.

"Haters are going to hate" Totally agree lol and expect a dig from Londons biggest hater.

Again Windsor earned the tourney victory. Ill leave it at that ;)

Crease Master

Dec 17, 2016
Now that we have that out of the way, we can get a 2017 off season thread going and commence complaining about Warren trying to go for it again next year with no draft picks instead of rebuilding and recouping. It sounds to me like Warren is excited about the returning players when I hear him talk about it, but our cupboards are bare. Should be a recipe for dynamite on this board, can't wait.

hockeylegend11

Sep 11, 2010
Great result from an excellent performance at this year's Mem Cup tourney,I have said all along with a healthy lineup this team could challenge anyone, proof in the pudding,The 1st games of the season versus Erie both teams were missing alot of players,so the record was 1-1-0-1 against them,the last meeting at the end of the season Spits were missing 3 key guys Erie none and they won.Fast forward to the tournament,both teams healthy, Windsor the better goalie,and a pretty good home record only lost 7 regulation games including playoffs and after tonight 33 wins.
Very proud of this group Luke Boka btw played the tourney with a separated shoulder but persevered.
More later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad