Wind River on Netflix

Ratihshall

Mar 3, 2018
For those of you looking for a modern cult sleeper, look no further.

This one's about a Fish & Game warden who helps a FBI agent investigate a homicide on/near a destitute Native American reservation. I couldn't look up the technical adviser, but the procedural narrative of the film, and the way the weapons are employed are definitely on point. Not to spoiler the movie too much, but let's say there's a nice "loading" scene.

Either way, check it out:

http://:eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek::eek:/buluhidung/47/o.png

Last edited by a moderator:

SJSharksfan39

Oct 11, 2008
San Jose, CA
This movie got screwed by being associated with Harvey Weinstein. The interesting thing was it's a type of movie the academy would love, and would probably give more attention to.

Soliloquy of a Dogge

I love you, Boots
Aug 8, 2012
San Diego, CA
I've seen it about 3 or 4 times now.

Just an excellent piece of film making.

I wasn't crazy about the 3rd act originally upon my first viewing but it is done in an intelligent enough manner that now it really elevates the film into the stratosphere for me.

Reactions: bobbythebrain

OzzyFan

Sep 17, 2012
Highly recommended, one of the best movies of last year. And if I remember correctly, Kihei even said it would have been a masterpiece in another director's hands(Sheridan's 1st time directing).

kook10

Jun 27, 2011
I just finished it. I thought it could have used another 20 minutes or so. Overall it was one of the better dead kid movies, but nothing groundbreaking.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
Hell or High Water from the year before was much better imo, this one had some better directed shots but I don't think it was anywhere near Oscar category even if it was a good crime film.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad