Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Predators @ Blackhawks

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Mase just used the force to score.
He was just the last opposing player to touch the puck when it went into the net on the other end of the ice.
Pekka is one of, what, two or three that have actually put the puck directly into the net on the other end of the ice?

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
He was just the last opposing player to touch the puck when it went into the net on the other end of the ice.
Pekka is one of, what, two or three that have actually put the puck directly into the net on the other end of the ice?
Hextall used to do it.

Mason's goal was originally credited to Vern Fiddler, then changed to Mase so he never even got to celebrate on ice. It was the night of the Kid's Club day to see the morning skate ... an event my daughter and wife remember well because of Paul Kariya.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

wadesworld

Jan 24, 2011
Nashville, TN
Yes.
List of goaltenders who have scored a goal in an NHL game - Wikipedia

Congratulations on the Win and Pekka's achievement. You folks really needed that boost from tonight. Looking forward to joining you for the next game.

Cheers

It's a silly stat, but looks like we're the only team in NHL history to have two different goaltenders score a goal in two different ways (1 credited, 1 SOG). Other teams who have scored in both methods had it come from the same goaltender. We are also the only team to have two goalies who have a goal.

Certainly the greatest goalie goal of all-time has to go to Brodeur, who actually got credit for scoring on the opposing goalie because Ellis had not yet left the ice and actually tried to get back and prevent the goal.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

JGeorge54

Feb 6, 2016
It was a good game and im glad for the win, buuut that 3rd period was brutal boring to me. It obviously got exciting with about 2 mins left. I guess people werent lying about sitting on a lead and playing prevent defense.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
It was a good game and im glad for the win, buuut that 3rd period was brutal boring to me. It obviously got exciting with about 2 mins left. I guess people werent lying about sitting on a lead and playing prevent defense.

Trotz did that his whole time here. As much as we've struggled defensively, I'll take that as the default mode until everyone gets more comfortable and/or othe goalies look like they can bail us out if we stay aggressive

JGeorge54

Feb 6, 2016
Trotz did that his whole time here. As much as we've struggled defensively, I'll take that as the default mode until everyone gets more comfortable and/or othe goalies look like they can bail us out if we stay aggressive

I remember that. I was hoping it was gone for good. As long as they win though i guess thats what matters most!

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
I remember that. I was hoping it was gone for good. As long as they win though i guess thats what matters most!

Dallas has gone 25-7-3 in their last 35 playing that style. I have a feeling Rinnes numbers are going to get a lot better if the team tightens up the ship defensively.

I remember when we let Trotz go and hired Lavy several people here (some of whom no longer post, but still) said they would rather lose some 5-4 games than win a bunch of "boring" 2-1 games. As I said then, that is utter BS. "exciting" losses are still losses and if you have enough of them it's not fun even if you are scoring a lot.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Are we the only team with two different goalies who have scored?

Hextall and Brodeur scored multiple NHL goals. According to my research, the answer is yes.

Nashville leads the NHL in the number of goalies scoring goals. Put up a banner!

Edit: I misspelled Martin Brodeur's name. It must be a bad day.

Last edited:

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Hextall and Brodreau scored multiple NHL goals. According to my research, the answer is yes.

Nashville leads the NHL in the number of goalies scoring goals. Put up a banner!
Put up two!
2 goalies in league
1st in the 2020's

We take what we can get. I have always thought they called the team dog the wrong thing. They had Banner in the name but they call him Smash or something like that. How many good tweets could have come from "Raising the Banner!"??? FWIW I wish they still had the mini banner for Gnash they rose to the rafters but as my son and I discussed, it's probably an arena requirement that only official items be there.

Maybe I think about stuff like this too much. Ha!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad