2019 Stanley Cup Final Win It for............

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
upload_2019-6-11_19-17-29.jpeg

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
Where do I start? Perhaps at the beginning!

Win it for my Mom and Dad. Die hard Boston fans, who passed within several months of one another in 2002. They saw the 1970/1972 editions win it, but that’s before clear tv and today’s coverage. Used to go to games at the original garden with my two best friends and...my Mom!

Win it for my son, who is serving in the Army and shipped overseas after game 2....and will be watching on prehistoric media. He’s been with us every step of the way and his love for the game and this team never wanes.

Win it for Rask. No explanation needed.

Don’t need to win it for me. As I write this I realize I am blessed to be happy, healthy, part of the Bs fan base and part of this group of Bruins posters here at HF boards.

Just...win.

Let’s Go!!!!!

Last edited:

Caper Bruins fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
My 80 year old Dad and my two uncles in their 70’s who have been with them all their lives and win it for the 12 year old boy ( me ) and my best friend Don Smith who cried like babies when the Bruins lost in 1979 . I moved with my family to Cape Breton in 1978 ( from Boston ) while Don stayed in Massachusetts but we watch all games together ( using Facebook messenger) .

Geordie Bruin

Dec 27, 2018
Newcastle
Ah man, I’m in tears reading through these posts, it’s been an emotional few weeks and seeing so many poignant heartfelt words is absolutely beautiful.

So proud that these players represent our club. They come through on the big stage when it matters and have delivered us an incredible season with a Winter Classic Victory, Eastern Conference Championship and now just one more win to get.

Win it for Us. Win it for your teammates. Win it for your family. Win it for Boston.

Just Win x

caz16

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 11, 2011
Ontario

Hamilton Brian

Apr 12, 2004
Hamilton, ON
I will have to read this again, tomorrow. @Fenway, this was just beautiful. Man...a lot to absorb here.

That pale ale I brewed on Easter Weekend when Bruins beat Toronto in game 6? I am going to name it Dirty Water. Seems fitting.

Hamiltonians, DM me and maybe I can fill a bottle for you.

Go Bruins. Oh, and this is for all my Maine/Mass/New Brunswick kin that loved hockey. I remember my Uncle Perley in Centreville tickling the piss out of me around 1971 before Saturday night hockey games. Mom's got stories of us when Bruins won in 1970. THis is for them, and for us. Boston Strong...all over the world!

And I hope my wife has some kind words for me since I had to sleep on the couch when Boston knocked Toronto out of the playoffs in April.

Number8

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2007
I think this might be polarizing, but win it for Donny Sweeney.

Got ROASTED for early moves when first a GM. Ridiculed by fans around the League — certainly HF fans around the League.

Promised he would go with youth but still be competitive. He kept that promise.

Handled the toughest role in sports, rebuilding while not being given leeway to lose in short term.

Swung hard last year at TDL only to have his gamble get ruined by a concussion. A concussion that also lost him that asset as a fit for this year’s 2nd or 3rd line or at least as trade value.

Took a gamble with TDL again this year and smoked one off the centerfield wall — and possibly turned into an in the park homer if G7 goes our way.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
Win it for all the kids who became Bruins fans this year. Etch an amazing set of positive memories in their brains to enjoy the rest of their long lives as permanent Bruins fans.

Reactions: BMC and Maine Fan

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad