2019 Stanley Cup Final Win It for............

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
PjCn3D4.jpg

15 years ago a popular Red Sox message board had a thread with the same title.... Win It for.................

Win It for ....

The chance of winning the Stanley Cup doesn't come along often as the team has only won it 6 times. They should have won a few more over the years but WWII ended the run of the 1939-41 team and the WHA destroyed the team after 1972. Many times the Bruins were the second best team in the league but Montreal was just a little better.

Some of us have seen 3 Stanley Cup winners and most of you have 2011 as a warm memory.

We became Bruins fans for a variety of reasons but I believe the vast majority of us were given our fandom at birth.

The reality is you never know how long it will be until the next chance to win a Cup comes along. This is only the 7th time the Bruins have played a game that if they win the Cup is theirs. They are 5-1 in those games and the one loss happened in Game 5 against the Rangers in 1972 and the team rebounded to win Game 6 in NY.

If there is someone in your life that this Cup is important to please share it with us.

I want the Bruins to win this for my parents ( who first MET at a Bruins game ) and my older brother who are watching from the second balcony in the heavens.

I want the Bruins to win it - for me. Nothing would make me happier than buying a new Bruins championship hat and wearing it next season in Toronto and Poutineville.

GO :bruins

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
In 2011 my brother and I were at every playoff game and got to share it together. So special going through that run with him. I met my wife 4 years later and now 4 years after meeting her I have had the chance to do this run all over again but with her. The two people I am most close to in my life and hopefully being able to share the joy of winning. To be able to hug my wife as the Bs pile on each other would give me no greater joy. I want to win it for her. For us. And for every man and woman who bleeds black and gold all across the world.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
David Backes, Matt Grzelcyk and Chris Wagner, all of whom at one time or another made a big contribution to the Bruins getting to the Final.

Also forgot to include #86 Kevan Miller, who has been sorely missed when the Blues start gooning it up.

Last edited:

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Backes.

Guy deserves it.

It can’t be an easy situation for the 35-year-old Backes, who will watch the only two organizations he’s ever known face off in the biggest game in years. After the team’s final practice of the season on Tuesday at TD Garden, Backes walked out of the locker room en route for lunch with his teammates.
When asked to describe his emotions in a situation like this, he told The Athletic: “I’m trying to gather that myself. It’s complex.”

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
Rask. He's been a member of the Bruins organization for 13 years (before everyone on this team not named Bergeron on Krejci), and while he technically has a Cup, he played zero seconds in the 2011 run and is still searching for his first Cup as a starter. He's led the Bruins on 2 incredible runs, so finish it off this time.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
Win it for... all of you guys!

That is not some meager attempt to suck up or win points on this board but rather an understanding of what it is like to support a team for what I am sure is most of your guys lives. This is only my second season following the Bruins and I obviously have nowhere near the emotional investment in the Bruins that most of you have, tbh I will feel a little bit like I'm cheating if the Bruins win, like I haven't earned the right to enjoy their success, like I am somehow stealing enjoyment out of something that I know can be incredibly rare.

I have suffered for many many years with teams in other sports that I have supported since I was a child but thankfully I have also enjoyed a couple of successes too and I know how wonderful a feeling that is. I hope come tomorrow night all of you will get to experience that joy again.

And I will enjoy it too because well I'm selfish like that :sarcasm:

aguineapig

When Captain Z raises the Cup a mile high towards the Heavens, that will be for those who came before us to see. Big Train and Eddie Shore. Art Ross, Dutch and Dit. Babe, Cooney and the Kraut Line. Mr. Zero and Tiny. Bill "Cowboy" Cowley and Mel "Sudden Death" Hill. Roger and all the departed Gallery Gods sitting in Heaven's second balcony. Fred and Bob Wilson. Doakie, Pie and Frosty. And of course, Ace. That my Friends is our history and a legacy a million times richer than "Gloria" could ever hope to be.

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
My mom had the TV on which I, as a youngster, first watched Bobby Orr. She mailed the letter that I had written to him. She also, among other things, bought me this lunchbox:

1972-Lunch%20Box.jpg

She passed away last year, and I still miss her a lot. Win it for the woman who did so many wonderful things for me while growing up, including helping to make me a fan of the Bruins.

Bruinator

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2005
Toronto
My Father...he passed away last August. I so miss his phone calls during every game to complain about the refs or praise Marchand for pissing somebody else off or praise "Chico Resch" (He could never remember Tuukka's name so that is what he referred him as. lol )

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
The other day I was thinking that this win would be affirming to a guy like Torey Krug, who has been a major part of this core for so long but was among the few who wasn't part of the 2011 team. Kevan Miller is in the same situation, he really deserves it considering the health he's had the last few years.

Another guy who'd get a day with the cup would be Lee Stempniak. He wasn't really important to the team or anything, but he's been in the league since 2005 on some pretty bad teams along the way, never coming close to a title before. Would be nice for him.

Jaguar God

Go Bruins!
Jun 19, 2018
Montreal
also win it for the Bruins only fans....We didn't get the ten titles between the Pats and Sox and we need to rest on our own laurels :)
Agreed!

Win it for the core that brought this team from the depths of hell to relevance once again.

Win it for the newcomers the past few seasons that will shape our core moving forward.

Win it for the depth players that give it their all every single night for the spoked B.

Win it for the players that contributed to this team's success this year but won't have the chance to lace them up tomorrow.

Win it for the GM that got a ton of flack his entire tenure yet has managed the cap far better than his predecessor.

Win it for the coach that wasn't given a second chance to be in the NHL until the Bruins decided to groom him for the role.

Win it for the players, past and present, that worked so damn hard for this franchise but couldn't be part of a cup winning team in Boston.

Win it for the diehard fans, old and new.

Just win the damn cup!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad