Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Isles @ Preds

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
Between being sent out of the parking garage the "wrong" way and having to go to Hendersonville to retrieve my car, I'm kind of late getting home, but:

THERE IS WINNER PIE!!

I'll let Forsberg go first since he got me some points for the NPPG. :)

The "Banner Raising" for the Best Mascot was hilarious. I love that the Preds are owning this. You wanna make fun of us? Hold my beer while I make some Moar Bannerz! Winning is good. Go Preds!

OriginalName

Aug 22, 2016
Imabari, Japan
250px-Animated_gun_turret.gif

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Pretty harsh to say one shared screw up negates two beautiful assists.

Joey had a great first period and was an integral part of both of their goals in the second ... beat back on the play by Nelson and the blind pass to Barzal. Yin and Yang balance to the universe.

On a more positive note, it seems the final goal is now on the books as a PPG ... two in a row.

Reactions: triggrman

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
on the last goal allowed i'm not sure that the man coming back was Johansen's primary responsibility, the screw up happened because both our defensemen were on the left half wall trying to trap the guy that made the pass to the man breaking in. have no idea why subban was on the left half wall in our defensive zone when he should have been playing his position. right defenseman.

David Singleton

Jun 23, 2005
Dickson, TN
Joey's two assists completely undermined by that boneheaded blind pass to nobody.

In fairness Josi should have dropped back behind the net he started to then didn't but there's no way Josi should have left him there yo skate that out

That blind pass is made by every defenseman in the league to their partner on the other side just about every night. Johansen certainly has some responsibility as blind passes are inherently risky. I'm with trig though, in that this was mostly on Josi.

Quite frankly, neither Josi nor Subban have been very good to this point. Ellis and Ekholm have been pretty good for the most part.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad