Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Ducks @ Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
The Ducks GDT is an absolutely glorious orgy of whining and Nashville hatred. We are in their head soooo thoroughly

I would also think the board admins would not care for the (entirely predictable)
adjectives they used to describe Watson, but I wasnt going to report a post in their gdt.

bdub24

iNsErT bAnNeR jOkE hErE
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2013
La la land
The Ducks GDT is an absolutely glorious orgy of whining and Nashville hatred. We are in their head soooo thoroughly

I would also think the board admins would not care for the (entirely predictable)
adjectives they used to describe Watson, but I wasnt going to report a post in their gdt.
Just read it...man that was a tasty breakfast!

Reactions: PredsV82

ThirdManIn

Aug 9, 2009
Considering Watson isn't married, shouldn't "wife beater" be considered libelous and not posted by moderators? Just asking questions over here.

Note: I still won't personally cheer for Watson, but if you're going to be super salty at least be accurate.

Reactions: bdub24

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville

I haven't been able to figure out why it's Ducks fans that are so salty over us. I don't know if it's the playoff history (honestly not trying to be an ass, it's a legit question), the fact that we're able to stand up to the antics they try to pull, or any number of other things. I guess they could claim that they can't stand Joey because of the Kesler thing but really that just stemmed from one of our guys standing up to one of their guy's aforementioned antics so that kind of supports my theory. But even though the entire league hates Kesler I'm sure if it was us we'd feel the same way. Whatever. I can't imagine they have as much hatred towards all other teams not named the Kings or Sharks as they do towards us or else being a Ducks fan must be a miserable existence.

I haven't read the GDT because I have no interest in seeing the inevitable dumb crap about things ranging from the way we supposedly play to the fact that we're probably a bunch of rednecks or whatever.

scoreboard.

Reactions: adsfan and bdub24

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I haven't been able to figure out why it's Ducks fans that are so salty over us. I don't know if it's the playoff history (honestly not trying to be an ass, it's a legit question), the fact that we're able to stand up to the antics they try to pull, or any number of other things. I guess they could claim that they can't stand Joey because of the Kesler thing but really that just stemmed from one of our guys standing up to one of their guy's aforementioned antics so that kind of supports my theory. But even though the entire league hates Kesler I'm sure if it was us we'd feel the same way. Whatever. I can't imagine they have as much hatred towards all other teams not named the Kings or Sharks as they do towards us or else being a Ducks fan must be a miserable existence.

I haven't read the GDT because I have no interest in seeing the inevitable dumb crap about things ranging from the way we supposedly play to the fact that we're probably a bunch of rednecks or whatever.

scoreboard.
I think they have long viewed the Preds as an inferior team and are completely unable to reconcile our team utterly owning them. The style of game the Ducks tend to employ against the Preds (which is really a relic of the "old" Ducks, our games are far more contentious than their average game against the Kings...the Sharks are a different matter) also pours salt in the wound because it tends to bring out the diving, "dirty" hits and pest shenanigans.

I think it's very similar with the Blues fans, though there's a longer history and less of a playoff history.

Reactions: PredsV82

Armourboy

Hey! You suck!
Jan 20, 2014
Shelbyville, TN
Oh it's all about the playoffs, they can't stand the fact that for years we've been able to trump the goon game they play and if anything we seem to make it worse.

I giggle when they bring out the " dumb rednecks that don't know hockey ". It's the point you know they just hate for no real reason and just picked it up off the boards from someone in the Northeast.

Reactions: adsfan

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Oh it's all about the playoffs, they can't stand the fact that for years we've been able to trump the goon game they play and if anything we seem to make it worse.

I giggle when they bring out the " dumb rednecks that don't know hockey ". It's the point you know they just hate for no real reason and just picked it up off the boards from someone in the Northeast.
If I wanted to stereotype a bunch of crap I'd say Orange County is also the same place that has a massive inferiority complex over being the little brother to LA but they deflect it by saying how bad LA is to make themselves feel better. But I wouldn't do that.

Legionnaire11

Jul 12, 2007
Murfreesboro
atlantichockeyleague.com
I may have overlooked some context here but...

Not liking Rush is one thing. Saying Peart is overrated? Come on, man!

I didn't say he's bad, he's a great drummer, but overrated. And that should really be expected any time someone is called "the best" in a subjective medium.

Give me Danny Carey, Nils Fjellstrom, the Erlandsson brothers or any number of other extreme drummers, probably a lot of the thousands of drum corps players as well. If drumming were limited to rock music, fine Peart is near the tops of the genre, but there's so much more. I could show you a video of one of my former instructors playing a tamborine arrangement that will most people question what they know about percussion.

But I get the appeal of Peart and Rush, it's just not my flavor.

Edit: Darkside too. He has got just about flawless technique, here is one of my favorite drumcam videos.

Last edited:

Marty Party

Back @ The Bridge
Mar 2, 2012
Nashville
ace.mu.nu
Ds5n0OxW0AAQLhI.jpg:large

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad