Post-Game Talk: WIN!! - Caps at Preds

Status
Not open for further replies.

Porter Stoutheart

We Got Wood
Jun 14, 2017
I like the shuffle. Well, I might have done it a little differently. But at least this is a step (shuffle) in the right direction.

Nice for Turris to get Smith back on his wing, and nice for Carr to get into the game.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
I thought we were playing the Ducks tonight for some reason (must be later this week, I know the Preds are LA's home opener).

Joey's been MIA so far, so I guess changing it up a little is necessary, but I don't think giving Turris and Smith probably 11 minutes TOI alongside Carr is putting them in a position to succeed. Moreso than line composition I think it's more maybe not play Bonino, Watson, and Sissons 16-18 minutes (I know they're our "stopper" line).

Reactions: Scoresberg

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
Joey's been MIA so far, so I guess changing it up a little is necessary, but I don't think giving Turris and Smith probably 11 minutes TOI alongside Carr is putting them in a position to succeed. Moreso than line composition I think it's more maybe not play Bonino, Watson, and Sissons 16-18 minutes (I know they're our "stopper" line).

I agree with this to some extent, but I also think that part of it has just been situational with how the game's have played out thus far. In the Detroit game where we were trailing most of the game the Watson-Bonino-Sissons line had the least amount of even strength ice time out of any line, but in the other games where we've been protecting leads for a good portion of the game they've gotten more ice time. It's also partially up to what you define as successful for the Carr-Turris-Smith line. I don't think they'll be putting up outstanding numbers, but they could still be crucial in helping us win games.

Adz

Eudora Wannabe
Sponsor
Jun 18, 2005
Hermitage TN
I thought we were playing the Ducks tonight for some reason (must be later this week, I know the Preds are LA's home opener).
Oct. 22 and it's here in Nashville. You have awhile to wait. In fact, I'm looking at the schedule and I don't see another game with them til January. We play LA, Vegas, and Arizona then come back to Bridgestone.

AnalogKid

Oct 3, 2017
This will be that awkward moment when I am visiting my folks in DC and watching and cheering for my Preds while all friends who are watching are cheering for the Caps.

Reactions: PredsV82

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA
Oct. 22 and it's here in Nashville. You have awhile to wait. In fact, I'm looking at the schedule and I don't see another game with them til January. We play LA, Vegas, and Arizona then come back to Bridgestone.
It was on the Ducks broadcast, they must have been showing "notable" upcoming games rather than just the ones in the immediate future.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad