Tennis: Wimbledon 2018

kihei

McEnroe: The older I get, the better I used to be.
Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Cilic out. Didn't see that coming against Pella. What does Wimbledon think it is? The World Cup?

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Nick up two sets against Haase, but is in danger of losing his cool in the third at 4 all....but he calms down and closes the match 3, 4 and 5.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Stan out in three sets to Fabbiano who has one previous win on grass to his credit. Wawrinka just couldn't put together two good matches in a row at this stage.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Gulbis up a break in the fifth set of Dzumhur....he very nervously holds for the win, 6-3. Dzumhur looked liked Ernests angles and drop shots were an affront to his male honour. I think he may have even said something to Gulbis at the net. Anyway, big win.

Looking good, Kontaveit wins in straight sets over Brady.

Tomic out in four to Nishikori. Tough draw for Bernard.

Ostapenko cruising currently against Flipkens....1 and 3, no problems.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
MUGURUZA LOSES TO ALISON VAN UYTVANCK IN THREE SETS. Even Alison's mother never heard of her.

Reactions: MsMeow

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Sacha in tough against a very good Taylor Fritz. Played is called for the day with Fritz leading two sets to one on merit.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Six of the top eight women's seeds have failed to get to the third round for the first time in Wimbledon history.

How big was the Muguruza upset? British media are speculating that the defending champion of the ladies singles has never gone out before the third round since late in the 19th century.

Last edited:

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
Quite the comeback for Keys going on. She was down 5-7 0-4, but now up 5-4 in the second. We'll see if she can keep it going.

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Too bad Fritz ran out of daylight yesterday, up two sets to one over Sascha. Given Zverev's endurance issues, Sascha might very well have been a goner. On the other hand, Fritz will probably start the continuation with more confidence than he started with yesterday (later edit: that confidence lasted about ten minutes).

4th set: Sacha gets the early break, 3-1...evenly matched, not much margin for error for either one of them.....did I say evenly matched? I bite my tongue, 6-1 Sascha.

5th set: Another early break for Sascha, 2-1....and yet another break for 5-2 as the wheels fall off for Taylor....Sascha wins it 6-2.

I hope his performance today doesn't negate the step forward that Fritz took yesterday. He definitely has the game to be a contender but he has a ways to go.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Oh, Rodina, you better not make a hash of it this time.

47th time lucky. Keys is toast.

Last edited:

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Rodina has all the appeal of a bag of dead squirrels.

Last edited:

JetsWillFly4Ever

PLAY EHLERS 20 MIN A NIGHT
May 21, 2011
Winnipeg MB.
The difference in quality players on each side of the draw of the men's tournament is ridiculous. Fed should cruise to the finals if he is on his game, biggest challengers left include Milos, Anderson, and Isner, all of whom he usually handles with relative ease.

Other side has Nadal, Zverev, Kyrgios, Nishikori, Djokovic, DelPo, Edmund

kihei

Jun 14, 2006
Toronto
Venus is defeated by Bertens, 8-6 in the third. Now eight of the top ten seeds are out on the women's side with only Halep and Pliskova left. Of course, the 25th seed is still hanging around.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad