Wilson hit on Brandon Carlo (Part-2) (suspended 7 games)

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigWilly43

May 3, 2018
Maryland
I think a dude who's account is completely based on worshipping the player in question shouldn't be bringing up the word neutral
You obviously can't read. I said NO ONE is neutral when it comes to Wilson. Slow down and re-read next time before making a comment.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Been reading a lot of this thread and sort of hesitated to wait on posting, as I wanted to wait for some of the animosity to cool down. Here are so,Ed of my thoughts:

1) It’s looks pretty clear that Wilson wasn’t trying to hit the head. He’s gliding into him and not even really skating that fast. He originally hit the body, and as his hit follows through, he hits the head with his arms and body. I think a lot of this has to do with Carlos body position, and not Wilson intending to take his head off (like some are claiming).

2) Despite that, he’s still responsible for the follow through and the result of his hit, which either way resulted in hitting the head, regardless of ‘why’ the head got hit.

3) I think Wilson should receive a suspension, due to the explanation noted above. I think that suspension should be anywhere from 2-5 games. The reason I think that number shouldn’t be larger is due to my first point.

4) I think anyone just posting about how Wilson goes out and just tries to injure players are being way too aggressive on that stance (whether it be due to his past or whatever personal hate they have for him). He’s gone 160 games (or whatever the number was) without a suspension, and if he “only went around to hurt players” then he would clearly be out of the league, since if he actually wanted to injure players, he easily could every single game lol.

I think everything above is pretty reasonable, if anyone’s just gonna shitpost and not have a reasonable discussion, I simply won’t reply.

Reasonable post.....well thought out.

Up until you give Wilson props for not trying to hurt someone for a whole two seasons.

You do know players go their entire career without sending a guy to the hospital, let alone several times.

Stop making excuses for this guy. It's even worse because he's a good hockey player, he doesn't need to be hitting guys in the head over and over. I can only assume he's dumb as a rock......

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
You obviously can't read. I said NO ONE is neutral when it comes to Wilson. Slow down and re-read next time before making a comment.

I think the point is plenty of people may not be "neutral", but you're automatically blasted into the stratosphere of bias because of your account.

So while there may be general disdain toward Tom Wilson by many, it would be purely illogical to imply that massive amounts of fans from all different fanbases and viewpoints have the same level of bias as someone who has a username containing "Willy" and a glamour shot of Tom Wilson as their avatar.

And the initial contact was shoulder on shoulder. The problem is you are intentionally ignoring all of the other factors when it comes to avoiding dangerous hits and not getting suspended including Carlo's positioning because he was engaged in a board battle with another player, along with the follow through after initial contact.

As comedic as it is to watch a handful of Caps fans (it's more than that, but I know from your own board there are plenty of Caps fans calling this for what it is) spin into perpetual denial and rationalization, it's actually sad that you're not able to view something as an objective, clear minded adult 24 hours after the incident occurred, regardless of fandom.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Actually I’m reading quite a few posts by posters who are (likely) neutral. It was a really bad hit, and th3 Guy is getting suspended for it. And I’d love to have Wilson on my hometown team. Even with the times he loses control of his emotions and makes bad hits like this one, the guy is still really impacting play.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Post history is interesting. Limited posts over 3 years, only shows up to copy and paste the same excuses about Tom Wilson hits.

sus.

It could be Tom Wilson himself. Considering how much his ego gets burned every time he takes a hit on the ice, I wouldn't doubt that the opinions of anonymous internet posters matters to him.

HugginThePost

Flames Suck
Sponsor
Dec 28, 2006
Back to the Sweat Box
Not about to wade through the swamp that is pages of what I can assume is 90% garbage but as a massive Caps fan here's my take:

10 games minimum for Wilson on a very dumb play that all started with a complete lack of leadership from the guys wearing letters on their sweaters and any sort of accountability asked from the coaches. I was massively disappointed in Ovechkin's response the game prior and that said a lot, it also started the trickle effect. Wilson was already admonished earlier in the year for fighting Frederic by Laviolette and now was seemingly being admonished for not answering for the teams superstar when he's more than capable of handling himself physically and should be smart enough as a veteran to do. Obviously he isn't going to fight Frederic but Ovi used to relish in guys going at him physically and make them pay on the score board. Instead he nut shotted a guy and added fuel to the fire while almost costing his team a game they dominated in the process. The entire team looked like they were focused on what happened 48 hours ago, they looked rattled then lost control and then got their butts kicked. Ovechkin hasn't been good at all this year and has honestly cost his team games, now he's going to indirectly cost the Capitals arguably their best player this year for a long stretch. I don't care what anyone says, Tom Wilson is a really good hockey player and does everything for that team, they're in trouble.

This is a massive blow to a team who is quickly falling apart. The core looks old and the team looks slow, defensively they're inconsistent at best, likewise in net and the team is no longer an offensive powerhouse. This is supposed to be a veteran team but they show none of the characteristics of being one and that starts with the leadership, or lack thereof.

Solid.....

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Actually I’m reading quite a few posts by posters who are (likely) neutral. It was a really bad hit, and th3 Guy is getting suspended for it. And I’d love to have Wilson on my hometown team. Even with the times he loses control of his emotions and makes bad hits like this one, the guy is still really impacting play.
I'm a Canucks fan. I hate the Bruins and never even think about the Capitals. But in the end all threads about dangerous hits turn out this way, so what are you going to do.

Reactions: Luckylarry

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
May 25, 2014
Everyone loves Wilson as hes a character but went too far here. And Carlo is a SOLID dman. I could see 5-6 games here for that WRECKLESS hit. That stuff has to go out of the game Tom

Steve Zissou

I'll order you a red cap and a Speedo.
Feb 3, 2006
City of Angels
Wasn't that goon's name in Youngblood Raffe too?
It was Racki (Carl Racki).

Cd6xFC-UAAAYRAH.jpg

Reactions: BTO and Wiggleboom

kladorf2005

Apr 20, 2018
Forgive me, but I'm not reading 70 pages across 2 threads. So apologies if this has already been addressed. Is Wilson still considered a repeat offender under the rules? Isn't there something that says his "history" resets after 18 months without incident?

If so, I can see him only getting 5 games for this. Otherwise, if he is still a repeat offender, he's getting 25+.

Also, any update on Carlo injury?

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Forgive me, but I'm not reading 70 pages across 2 threads. So apologies if this has already been addressed. Is Wilson still considered a repeat offender under the rules? Isn't there something that says his "history" resets after 18 months without incident?

If so, I can see him only getting 5 games for this. Otherwise, if he is still a repeat offender, he's getting 25+.

Also, any update on Carlo injury?

Repeat offender status only refers to fines i believe. They will still use his entire suspension history against him.

Carlo left the hospital this morning and is home resting.

Reactions: kladorf2005

Phil Kessels Hot Dog

Nice guy, tries hard, loves the game.
Sep 25, 2013
Edmonton in 5
Repeat offender status only refers to fines i believe. They will still use his entire suspension history against him.

Carlo left the hospital this morning and is home resting.

Correct. The salary forfeiture for a repeat offender is calculated based on the number of games in the season instead of the number of days.

So say 5/56*salary instead of 5/116*salary.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->