Willy Ny contract thread part Se7en

Status
Not open for further replies.

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
We have the leverage in this contract situation, if we're not trying to screw him down and lower that AAV as low as possible we're doing it wrong

I'd expect any team in this situation to do exactly the same thing, that some teams don't is beyond my comprehension

I guess we have a different definition of the word. I think of it as using the leverage to the point of being unfair or unreasonable.

I'm not convinced the Leafs are doing that, but that's just my opinion.

Mitchy

#HFOutcasts
Jul 12, 2012
The Citadel
Nylander will be signed to a team friendly contract.

RFAs that have gone this far without signing usually cave in and sign for closer to the team's asking price.

Once

Jul 16, 2010
Cmon Willy you know you want to be here every minute of this special year.

Reactions: OddyOh

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
I guess we have a different definition of the word. I think of it as using the leverage to the point of being unfair or unreasonable.

I'm not convinced the Leafs are doing that, but that's just my opinion.

What's your definition of "unfair" or "unreasonable"

If the cap increases like it did this season and you try to make Nylander take a 6M × 7 Ehlers type contract are you being unfair and unreasonable? That's his direct comparable and I'd say that would be screwing him because of the cap increase but some wouldn't

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA
What's your definition of "unfair" or "unreasonable"

If the cap increases like it did this season and you try to make Nylander take a 6M × 7 Ehlers type contract are you being unfair and unreasonable? That's his direct comparable and I'd say that would be screwing him because of the cap increase but some wouldn't

Ehlers contract kicks in this season under the same cap amount as Nylander's contract would.

If that's the comparable you want to use, then no he is not being screwed, it's a reasonable offer IMO.

Reactions: Confucius

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Ehlers contract kicks in this season under the same cap amount as Nylander's contract would.

If that's the comparable you want to use, then no he is not being screwed, it's a reasonable offer IMO.

No its not

Those contracts were signed under completely different salary cap situations, cap goes up so does the AAV as a % of the cap

2 Slick

Oct 23, 2017
Toronto, Ontario
I don't think a contract gets done at all until mid-November. Just feel that way for some reason. This is gonna drag on and on and on.

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
Keep him out, he ain’t signing. He can enjoy all of his millions down in arizona, and flaunt it infront of all seven of their fans, 1 mill each.

Reactions: Mork

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
Answer these 2 questions please

When does Ehlers' contract commence?
When would Nylander's contract commence?

Answer me this, what was the salary cap when both those players will sign their particular deals?

It's called inflation, look it up
Higher cap, higher AAV as a % of the cap

A1LeafNation

Obsession beats talent everytime!!
Oct 17, 2010
I don't think a contract gets done at all until mid-November. Just feel that way for some reason. This is gonna drag on and on and on.
If Michael Nylander and Gross are as money hungry as we think they are, this doesn't go past October 3.

Poor Willy is stuck listening to these idiots who are ruining his career. He deserves to be playing with his buddies right now.

Reactions: TheBigThree

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
As a DRW fan I would considering offering Nyquist (short term replacement) and Zadina (long term replacement who would need to cook in the marlies for a year or 2)

Leafs get some serious RW fire power.

Wings get 2c to play behind larkin

Reactions: The Magic Man

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
Answer me this, what was the salary cap when both those players will sign their particular deals?

The thing is when these players sign the contract, inflation and higher Cap were already considered.

Honestly, maybe Willie is asking for 6.5mil but Dubas is holding firm at 5.5mil. Instead of the 8mil and 6mil being reported.
There are just too much that we don’t know at this moment. I am sure both sides have their stats and reasons, like you play with Matthews, or Willie didn’t get enough PP time.....
At the end of the day, Willie will most likely be sign , might be a 5-6yrs deal.

Ulysses31

Oct 7, 2015
What's a computer?
635749011683173524-babs.webp
635749011683173524-babs.webp

& Nyquist reunited with his father

Franzen: With sheets, Nyquist can dream of Babcock

egd27

Donec nunc annum
Sponsor
Jul 8, 2011
GTA

Perhaps you should look up inflation as it pertains to economics as it might not mean what you think it does.

The Leafs have no more money to spend than the Jets this season but you believe Nylander should get a higher % of the 2018 -2019 cap than the player who you feel is his best comparable. I do not.

You're gonna base it on the time of signing and I'm going to base on the commencement of the contract, so I guess we're at an impasse. We have a difference of opinion and I guess that's that

Reactions: WestCoastLeafs

wc17

Feb 22, 2009
Toronto
Willy just has very little leverage. What’s he going to do? Sit out? Not gonna happen.

He knows he needs to sign a long term contract right now...a bridge deal wouldn’t help him at all imo considering he’s not gonna get the big time PP minutes he’ll need to score the 75-80 he’ll need to cash in when the bridge deal ends.

I don’t see Dubas bending on this one...tick tock indeed.

Reactions: Mork
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad