Willy... Looks Bad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
Come after my Swedish son with false claims like "intensity", "complimentary", etc , and yes I'll insult your intellegence.

Until this season, Nylander has been a better hockey player than Marner. Leaf fans and their moronic "what have you done for me lately" and their blue collar Canadian bias showing hard.
Um...wtf? no way no how

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
Willy's isolated impact so far has him not only driving his line through 9 games effectively BOTH offensively and defensively, but also that his linemates are dragging him down.

Not surprising seeing how Marleau is well past his prime, Brown sucks at hockey, and Kadri and Willy do.not.work.together.
wow...I mean....ok...wow

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Marner had 1.13 pts per game once he moved to a decent line (Kadri's). 9 points in the playoffs. He has been an over 90 point player for 82 regular season games games for a few weeks already. No recency bias here. If you continue to cite a point of time cherry picked stat on players on a development curve whose comparable cohorts years are 1 year apart, at least keep quiet when the better player has shattered all doubt. Marner's EV production is off the charts this year with great quality of Teammate. Marner is trending at a 110 point year compared to Willy's comparable of 61. The debate is kind of over. They are different players.
Nylander "another step" is getting at a ppg. He is a while away but he will get there. Please leave the Mitch vs Willy debate alone. They aren't comparable.

Its not exactly fair saying they're "not comparable" seeing how Nylander was better last year, and hasn't had the chance to prove himself this year.

Reactions: LeafingTheWay

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Lets see.... Plays with Bozak and JVR, both have career years.
Plays with Kadri for only half a season, pulls him from a massive slump to have a career year in goals
Now plays with Tavares, who again, is having a career year. regardless if he was a PPG player, he is now pacing 52 goals and over 90 points, something he never done.
Cherry picking stats that Nylander is better at, while ignoring everything else is ridiculous
Just like the shots/60 stat being tossed around here 2 games ago. 2 games later with no shots and that stat is in the toilet.
Any rational person will take a look after about 15 games. The hoops people are going through to bash or praise is an absolute joke.

Yikes.

Reactions: Nifty Willy

mrbagina

Jan 4, 2017
There's no need to put Marner down. He's an incredible player. My only beef is the craziness over Nylander. People saying Kap is better are out to lunch
I cant say for sure he is better as time will tell but since he has been given a chance this year Kappy looks much better to the eye test. His speed and willingness to engage puts him above William in my books (if he can sustain it)

BodaciousBeefBazooka

Go Leafs Go
Apr 4, 2013
Toronto
He isnt up to par quite yet in physical fitness clearly. Plus I think there is a psychological factor he is facing with after signing that 7 million dollar contract. Perhaps he is trying to hard to justify that contract he signed? There are a lot of variables involved with his performance I assume. I'm not a psychologist by any means but that's my 2 cents

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
It's your delusion, enjoy.

Lol there just is no argument for Marner being better than Nylander prior to this season. Everything has to be completely cherrypicked, half the season left out and no consideration for Nylander's primary linemate being out 20 games.

The hoops people jump through to defend Marner, when I could agree to disagree that they were even. Sure Marner is ahead now, but realistically there could be so many excuses put up for Nylander that people just scoff at and scream "AINEC" because of an irrational dislike due to stupidity like "lack of intensity".

"Why is everyone protecting the golden boy" Well he's proven to be a star RW, and has the potential to a PPG, line driving winger/center.

Babcocks Marner

It's a magical time
Mar 3, 2015
Toronto
Don't know what is "Yikes" about facts. Was there a single mistake in my post?
Lol there just is no argument for Marner being better than Nylander prior to this season. Everything has to be completely cherrypicked, half the season left out and no consideration for Nylander's primary linemate being out 20 games.

The hoops people jump through to defend Marner, when I could agree to disagree that they were even. Sure Marner is ahead now, but realistically there can be so many excuses put up for Nylander that people scoff at and go "AINEC" because of an irrational dislike due to stupidity like "lack of intensity".

"Why is everyone protecting the golden boy" Well he's proven to be a star RW, and has the potential to a PPG, line driving winger/center.

Pot meet kettle.
How about the fact he was 1 year younger?

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

The hoops people jump through to defend Marner, when I could agree to disagree that they were even. Sure Marner is ahead now, but realistically there could be so many excuses put up for Nylander that people just scoff at and scream "AINEC" because of an irrational dislike due to stupidity like "lack of intensity".

Why do you hate the golden boy is really the point here? I'm just enjoying watching him, too bad you're lost in your own constructs. You're jumping though hopes, I'm on my lazy boy watching the show.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Don't know what is "Yikes" about facts. Was there a single mistake in my post?

Pot meet kettle.
How about the fact he was 1 year younger?

I've just replied to basically your message 100 times in the past year. Type in Nylander/Marner into the search bar with my name and read any of those posts to find my answer.

Lol, if you look at their whole careers prior to THIS SEASON Nylander has been the better hockey player. That's not cherrypicking. What's cherrypicking is talking about a 30 game sample size instead of a full season(s).

Yes, he's a year younger. The argument isn't who is going to be better, the argument is "who was better".

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Yikes is right. Marner is vastly superior and it is time you deal with it. Any post where you attempt to manipulate numbers is funny and simply removes all doubt as to your bias or lack of knowledge either way it is sad!

"Manipulate numbers" lmao.

Marner is the best, better than the best, how can people not see it. I'd take him on my team over God. SAD!

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

For what it's worth even I said Marner has a higher ceiling and perhaps even the highest ceiling on this team. That's me, the guy that supposedly hated Marner. Nylander is a solid playmaker that has never shown a second gear in the PO. Mitch did last season while Nylander remains shy in the corners and all the rest. Most people to my recollection said Marner was better and most of those people made mention that he was with Bozak (who is not a very good C) and JVR, who really only does well in the crease.

Phion Keneuf

Bang Bang
Jul 4, 2010
I like Nylander a lot, but he’s not on Marner’s level - nor has he ever been. And I doubt he ever will.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I've just replied to basically your message 100 times in the past year. Type in Nylander/Marner into the search bar with my name and read any of those posts to find my answer.

Lol, if you look at their whole careers prior to THIS SEASON Nylander has been the better hockey player. That's not cherrypicking. What's cherrypicking is talking about a 30 game sample size instead of a full season(s).

Yes, he's a year younger. The argument isn't who is going to be better, the argument is "who was better".
Marner finish the last half season last year
at over 96pt pace and had continued it into the playoffs and this year. Careers ppg game is a huge separation.71 to .92.

The gap continues to expand.

Who was better has always been Marner with out context it was close in Mitches Rookie season playing with inferior linemates using context is was a wide gap. Now the gap is so huge that is laughable that you still insist he was better it is better when that simply was not true.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad