Willy #19 - Who gets the larger piece of the Toblerone bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Dubas went there for a signature, if he didn’t get it....time to move on.

If Dubas doesn’t get a stud in return, Nylander is going to sit out the year.

No Dubas isn't looking for a signature.

He's probably made an offer of 6 years or more.

I doubt he sits out the year, but i also doubt Nylander is bridged any time soon.

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Recall people who cited these inane stats from last year that showed Willie did better than Auston when they were separated. I thought it was laughable, maybe his agent believed it. And that’s no slight on Nylander, but Matthews is exceptional and makes those around him better, no question about it.

Willy spent some time down in lineup last year. No wonder his numbers got better with lesser competition. Am34 would get the same top competition, but lesser talent to play with in meantime. Then it is totally logical to see his numbers being more affected in that separation scenario.

Reactions: DarkKnight

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
No Dubas isn't looking for a signature.

He's probably made an offer of 6 years or more.

I doubt he sits out the year, but i also doubt Nylander is bridged any time soon.
we cant afford Willy on a long term deal anymore. Its bridge or nothing. Willie will make the wrong decision...

crump

~ ~ (ړײ) ~ ~
Feb 26, 2004
Ontariariario
full

Last edited:

HellasLEAF

'93 to Infinity
Sep 14, 2006
without getting too capgeeky, can't we just wait until Marleau and Hainsey are off the books. Why can't we afford all of Nylander, AM, Marner and Gardiner. And Kappy. I probably just answered my own question..

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
without getting too capgeeky, can't we just wait until Marleau and Hainsey are off the books. Why can't we afford all of Nylander, AM, Marner and Gardiner. And Kappy. I probably just answered my own question..

Marleau seems to be a guy who can be Brooks Orpik'ed pretty easily after this season: traded, bought out and re-signed.

Hainsey? Probably done.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
I get the feeling this might be about more than just money, I feel like Nylander might really want to stay, and is trying for a no trade clause. I always thought he would be traded for a D eventually, maybe he feels that way too lol.

SprDaVE

Sep 20, 2008
I get the feeling this might be about more than just money, I feel like Nylander might really want to stay, and is trying for a no trade clause. I always thought he would be traded for a D eventually, maybe he feels that way too lol.

He can try all he wants to get a NTC but literally can't get one for awhile.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Marleau seems to be a guy who can be Brooks Orpik'ed pretty easily after this season: traded, bought out and re-signed.

Hainsey? Probably done.
Or, if it frees up cap space for next year, Marleau could take the high road and just retire - but that's wishful thinking

Confucius

There is no try, Just do
Feb 8, 2009
Toronto
Do you have the answer? If you are sure we can't afford Nylander long term then you should be sure what all of these guys are going to sign at.
I'm sure Willy won't be signed until the other two are. That is if there is anything left.

BigBlu

Oct 15, 2013

I was harping on this over 1 year ago... got shouted down. Lots of noise ab0ut "3 apologists on staff". So funny now that it's common knowledge. That Marleau idea was SO stupid. (I was also the first to predict we'd have to ditch Gardiner - literally over a year ago. Couldn't management notice when Matthews and Marner came due??? Like exactly when Gards came due, and exactly when you gave Marleau a bonus year on his contract with a NTC???)

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
I was harping on this over 1 year ago... got shouted down. Lots of noise ab0ut "3 apologists on staff". So funny now that it's common knowledge. That Marleau idea was SO stupid. (I was also the first to predict we'd have to ditch Gardiner - literally over a year ago)
I like Marleau but the old man should do the right thing and step aside at the end of the season - his salary is burden

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad