Willy #19 - Who gets the larger piece of the Toblerone bar?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazparov

Jan 2, 2017
There was N512JT that was tracked to and from Detroit back when the Leafs got Babcock. Might be an MLSE airplane since it has all the teams logos on the side. Not sure if they still own it, they've prevented the public from tracking it since then.

Also the JT in that jet's registration totally was foreshadowing Tavares coming home.

Think that was Larry Tanenbaums plane

Kiwi

Mar 5, 2016
The Naki
why would dubas do that ?

dec 1st is a long way away.

They just flew to Switzerland to talk to each other, Dubas has some incentive to either trade Nylander or get him playing again

It does nobody any good for this to carry on indefinitely

that would be his best deal now. But i'm betting on Willie making another bad decision. He wont be signing anything this season.

I highly doubt that, in fact I'd put Nylander sitting out the entire season at less than 1%

Mikeyg

Dec 26, 2011
You guys remember that new york jet that flew to Toronto the night before jt signed? Lololol the jet stocking is a new low for you guys.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
They just flew to Switzerland to
It does nobody any good for this to carry on indefinitely

I never said indefinitely.

why bridge now when you can in a month ?

I highly doubt that, in fact I'd put Nylander sitting out the entire season at less than 1%
agreed

GodEmperor

Oct 12, 2017
Every day my sympathy for Willie goes down.

His father made nearly 40 million from his contract alone and here he is worried about .5-1 million dollars per year more when it's likely he'll make over 100+ million when it's all said and done. As if an extra 3-4 million is somehow going to make any difference in his life quality or children's life quality.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
You guys remember that new york jet that flew to Toronto the night before jt signed? Lololol the jet stocking is a new low for you guys.
Latest rumour is someone that knows someone overheard Dubas tell Nylander "You screwed up at the airport son so we're doing it my way on our way back to Toronto - in a hot air ballon"

Reactions: tokiih

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
Team Nylander bet the Leafs first line would struggle without him.

He was dead wrong.

RFA Nylander's weak hand got weaker.

Dubas either gets his 6 year deal or we wait more. Simple.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto

He was dead wrong.

This. Nylander has zero leverage this yes, zero leverage next year and the year after that. Dubas will wait him out, however long it takes. He will NEVER trade Nylander and in the process send a very strong message to Matthews, Marner and their agents

Reactions: HamiltonNHL

mix1home

Sep 29, 2009
Toronto,ON
Ok. Leafs 6 - 1 Willy camp. It’s practically the end of second period. I like our chances to close this thing out.

jrgtml67

Sep 12, 2011
My take

Bridge deal 2 or 3 yes at 6m. Problem there is we did want to move him for a D man what team will chance him being a greedy SOB after those years. We cant have him and Gardiner. We are we weakest on D..so I dunno.

Lastly if he accepted a deal wouldn't we know by now

DarkKnight

Professional Amateur
Jan 17, 2017

He was dead wrong.

Recall people who cited these inane stats from last year that showed Willie did better than Auston when they were separated. I thought it was laughable, maybe his agent believed it. And that’s no slight on Nylander, but Matthews is exceptional and makes those around him better, no question about it.

LeafsHome

Oct 17, 2018
Toronto
Dubas went there for a signature, if he didn’t get it....time to move on.

If Dubas doesn’t get a stud in return, Nylander is going to sit out the year.
Dubas to Nylander: This is the offer, sign here otherwise you don't play in the NHL until your 27

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->