Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Later ... not a chance ... suckers choice

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
Oh well, I'll try again a few hours before the next away game. Mase had a ski ramp late followed by a mitt by W a minute later. Probably something earlier while I was distracted with dinner.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Willie has gotten much better. It's helped tremendously getting rid of Stu but it seems like Willie has a coach or something and reviewed tape during the off season.

nine_inch_fang

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 8, 2004
Nashville
Oh I think everyone thought Stu was the bigger of the two problems. Willie does the job, but a legend of sports casting he will never be.
Agreed.

Willie is okay, he just has a really brutal and seemingly artificial way of showing excitement
I think that has gotten better though. That's why I said I think he's been listening to tape and had so coaching/critiquing that he's taken to heart.

PredsV82

Rest easy, 303, and thank you.
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Schroedingers box
this fact should not be overlooked. the guy tries.

And unlike the revolving door of our beat reporters, hes unlikely to bolt for a different market as soon as he gets a chance.

Willie has been learning and experience will make him even better. Not everyone can be Pete Weber, especially not right off the bat. I suspect even Petey had a learning curve.

Reactions: NoNecksCurse

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I had been thinking 'I wonder how long Willie can go into a game before he makes an obvious crossover comment'. So thought it was a fun aside during the game to listen specifically for that and that we might have a bit of fun with a poll. It wasn't meant to rehash a complaint. I did not notice as many in the first game. During away games there are more of us watching so I may do another poll for the next away game.

NoNecksCurse

Oct 19, 2011
no harm. i don't think anyone had an issue. i just have a soft spot for the guys that have been through the downs w/ us.

Pred303

Oct 8, 2004
Murfreesboro, Tn.
the only positive things i can say is he tries, that he is trying to do better, that his understanding of the game is slowly getting better, and he is homegrown. he just doesn't do much for me.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
no harm. i don't think anyone had an issue. i just have a soft spot for the guys that have been through the downs w/ us.

Even as bad as Stu was in my opinion I still had to be appreciative that I had all the Preds games to watch, given until the last few years the games were not all broadcast in my part of the state so any announcer was better than that.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
Willie has been learning and experience will make him even better. Not everyone can be Pete Weber, especially not right off the bat. I suspect even Petey had a learning curve.
I'm not saying be Pete Weber, I just hear announcers across the league and feel there's a significant drop when you compare Willy to them. He isn't a broadcaster, he's a radio host. But whatever, he's better than what I could do.

FossilFndr

RIP Steve
Jan 18, 2014
Fall Branch, Tn.
I let this drop because the last few games I have not noticed ANY cross sports references. I may have missed some but nothing as frequent as it has been. Remarkable. Well done Willie, did not know it was possible since that seemed ingrained.

Drake744

#manrocket
Feb 12, 2010
Nashville
I let this drop because the last few games I have not noticed ANY cross sports references. I may have missed some but nothing as frequent as it has been. Remarkable. Well done Willie, did not know it was possible since that seemed ingrained.
I'm at home games and typically watch road games out at a bar or something (recently anyway) so even if I hear "audio of the game", I can't understand much of what Willy actually says. However even though I've been pretty harsh on him I'll admit that I'm sure he really does try and work at it to be as good as he can. I feel like it's just a skill that some people naturally have, and if he's not one of them at least he's trying.

Scoresberg

In Trotz We Trust?
May 28, 2015
Earth

He's clearly seen this poll.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad