Confirmed with Link: William Trudeau Signed 3 Year ELC

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
How so….i didn’t follow the camp that well so I wouldn’t mind an insight on how he did!!
He did surprisingly well. My expectations of him were not very high but he actually played well.
LD with decent size and has some offensive instincts.
Evidently he and Xavier Simoneau trained hard this summer and it made a difference.
As a total unqualified scout he needs a few years of AHL time if he is to make the NHL.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
How so….i didn’t follow the camp that well so I wouldn’t mind an insight on how he did!!
You're not our typical Habs fan. :sarcasm:

If you were, the first question you would have asked is "Is he at least 6 feet tall?"

Followed by the inevitable "Does he weigh close to 200 lbs.?"

But no, you only want to know how well he did. How disingenuous! :laugh:

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Well,
He DID stand out this training camp in a good way
Good for him!

I saw the same too. Was it enough for a contract though? Not hopping mad or anything just seems a bit premature.

Is he an overager in the Q now or something?

He did surprisingly well. My expectations of him were not very high but he actually played well.
LD with decent size and has some offensive instincts.
Evidently he and Xavier Simoneau trained hard this summer and it made a difference.
As a total unqualified scout he needs a few years of AHL time if he is to make the NHL.
Simoneau is a guy that when I saw his highlights I couldn't help but think there might be something there. Even though he was an overager. Has his skating improved at all?

Reactions: Tyson

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012

I saw some of those rookie scrimmages and he seemed to be jumping into the play quite a bit and making things happen. I don't know if there's top 4 potential or 30+ pts but you can see there's possible NHL potential there. Like @Redux91 said, you noticed him quite a bit. Mostly in the O zone for me anyways. I'm not great scouting on the D side of things.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I saw the same too. Was it enough for a contract though? Not hopping mad or anything just seems a bit premature.

Is he an overager in the Q now or something?

Simoneau is a guy that when I saw his highlights I couldn't help but think there might be something there. Even though he was an overager. Has his skating improved at all?
Trudeau just turned 20 so he could go back to junior or play in TR or Laval. This management team looks at alot of analytics so they must of seen something some of us didn't.
Simoneau may only have an AHL contract but MSL dressed him for a few pre season games which tells me they like his potential.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
Trudeau just turned 20 so he could go back to junior or play in TR or Laval. This management team looks at alot of analytics so they must of seen something some of us didn't.
Simoneau may only have an AHL contract but MSL dressed him for a few pre season games which tells me they like his potential.
I guess the Fairbrother injury had something to do with it too. I was genuinely asking/wondering out loud whether it was enough to deserve a contract. I don't know enough about him as well as our contract situation. I liked what I saw anyways.

Reactions: Runner77

EveryDay

Jun 13, 2009
I knew it, it was just a matter of time.

He's going to be a in a very good situation in Laval, it should be a very strong group even without Fairbrother.

Leskinen-Barron
Norlinder- Bowey
Trudeau-Green
Dello

Schueneman and Xhekaj should join the team as well at some point this season.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Very happy.

This makes him the 4th player from the 2021 draft class to be signed to an ELC after Kidney, Roy, and recently Mailloux.

But the 2021 class also has Simoneau and Vrbetic signed to AHL deals and mostly in Simoneau's case, we should expect him to be signed to an ELC.

So out of the 9 players selected in 2021, only 3 are unsigned at this moment (Kapanen, Kostenko & Sobolev).

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Good. He's probably needed in Laval with Fairbrother out the year. He looked good in camp like a young David Savard.

Congratulations kid.

Last edited:
Reactions: L4br3cqu3

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
You're not our typical Habs fan. :sarcasm:

If you were, the first question you would have asked is "Is he at least 6 feet tall?"

Followed by the inevitable "Does he weigh close to 200 lbs.?"

But no, you only want to know how well he did. How disingenuous! :laugh:

So is he or is he not moar bigger?

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque
f***ing cereal? That would make one a cereal f***er.

Ok, perfect comeback :thumbu:

On Trudeau, not sure he'll be a star anyway, but he could become a very serviceable dman, really liked his shot during rookie training camp and tournament, he knows how to find the net, skates well too.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
This is not a politics board. If you want to talk about a Trudeau, it's William (or whenever another hockey player with that last name comes up).

Reactions: 1909

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Very happy.

This makes him the 4th player from the 2021 draft class to be signed to an ELC after Kidney, Roy, and recently Mailloux.

But the 2021 class also has Simoneau and Vrbetic signed to AHL deals and mostly in Simoneau's case, we should expect him to be signed to an ELC.

So out of the 9 players selected in 2021, only 3 are unsigned at this moment (Kapanen, Kostenko & Sobolev).
Trudeau showed as well as, if not better than some of Montreal’s more herlded defensive prospects. He was noticeable in the games he played: in a good way. He played with snap, pace and vision. All of the characteristics that can’t be taught. Will he develop the strength and speed that are essential for success in today’s NHL? Hard to say. But his initial showing this preseason bodes will for the future.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad