Prospect Info: William Trudeau, LHD, Charlottetown Islanders (QMJHL) - 4th round 113th pick overall

Licou

Sep 10, 2007
Longuh
I know nothing about that guy, I just listened to the scouting report video which doesn't detail any negatives about the player.

He sounds like a good pick, but what are his drawbacks and limitations?

Locks

May 28, 2005
I know nothing about that guy, I just listened to the scouting report video which doesn't detail any negatives about the player.

He sounds like a good pick, but what are his drawbacks and limitations?

I've never seen him play but from the scouting reports skating seems to be the main limitation, particularly for his size. But Markov was an average skater in his prime and rather slow in his mid thirties on so it is not necessarily an obstacle a player can't overcome.

Reactions: Licou

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal

20210803_172557.jpg

Wateredgarden

Oct 10, 2020
I've never seen him play but from the scouting reports skating seems to be the main limitation, particularly for his size. But Markov was an average skater in his prime and rather slow in his mid thirties on so it is not necessarily an obstacle a player can't overcome.

Markov's speed was average, his mobility was great.

Pompeius Magnus

May 18, 2014
Kanata ,ON
Markov didn't use his skating all that much honestly, he wasn't a ''skate with the puck'' type at all. His puck moving was almost entirely via his passing. The same was true for Nick Lidstrom, you won't find a lot of footage of him carrying the puck. He had the puck exactly as long as he needed to in order to pass it where it needed to go in transition.

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Markov didn't use his skating all that much honestly, he wasn't a ''skate with the puck'' type at all. His puck moving was almost entirely via his passing. The same was true for Nick Lidstrom, you won't find a lot of footage of him carrying the puck. He had the puck exactly as long as he needed to in order to pass it where it needed to go in transition.

Lidstrom was absolutely incredible at "walking the line" on the pp, changing angles to open up passing & shooting lanes effortlessly... like Markov, his edge work & the mobility it allowed for was a major asset to his game, particularly their longevity.

Reactions: Fixxer

SakuKoivu11

Jun 29, 2017
This prospect has very good hickey IQ. He needs to work on his skating and offensive zone play. His defensive awareness is very good. Reminds me of a young Ryan Mcdonagh. Probably a project 3-4 years down the road.

I say he could be a bottom pairing defenceman like a Mike Reilly.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003

Lidstrom however was a great skater, he was smart enough to know that skating the puck all the way up the ice was plain stupid........P.K. never did figure that out.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
That really is not true at all. He was average at best in every aspect of skating other than his ability to pivot and skate backwards which was quite good.

His greatest strength was his vision/IQ/anticipation which allowed him to stay a step ahead of his opponent.
The repeated knee injuries certainly slowed him down...

Unrelated to this thread...but I think Markov is one of the NHLs most underrated players of the last 20 years.

He was an amazing Dman who would have gotten way more national hype if he played on better teams.

We were spoiled with Markov.

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
The repeated knee injuries certainly slowed him down...

Unrelated to this thread...but I think Markov is one of the NHLs most underrated players of the last 20 years.

He was an amazing Dman who would have gotten way more national hype if he played on better teams.

We were spoiled with Markov.

Teasdale was extremely slow even before the injuries but you never know, maybe he will find a way to improve his skating.

Agreed on Markov, incredibly intelligent, great passer and one of the greatest defensive sticks I have ever witnessed.

dackelljuneaubulis02

Oct 13, 2012
this guy could be a bit of a dark horse. Without knowledge but going on gut feeling, he probably has more potential than Kostenko.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad