Player Discussion William Nylander

BraveCanadian

Jun 30, 2010
To be fair it looked like both Nylander and Marner didn't see Pasta and was looking at Lindholm's direction with the puck and even if Nylander did see Pasta its doubtful that he would've been able to do anything when he was almost at a standstill while Pasta was speeding down the wing to the net. Even Rielly who was further back couldn't react because the play unfolded so fast.

Even if they both missed him, and for sure Marner did initially - this is game 7 OT - you don't disconnect the controller like that.. what if there was a rebound or scramble after the initial play?

You gotta move your legs and get in the play.

Reactions: NinjaKick

thewave

Jun 17, 2011

It didn't look good. It looked like he was expecting Mo to go back or Sammy and he would routinely take a pass and go the other way. Then out of nowhere appears Pasta.

Maybe a Boston set play. They know their boards well and the Leafs scouting should as well.

Both MM and WN were not intense enough and the moment caught them. That's all it takes.

Willy kept us in this series and damn well neat won it if not for Keefe.

647Hockey

May 5, 2024
Nylander standing there looks bad, but to be fair, Marner and Rielly should had stopped him already. Ya, Nylander could had prevented a goal if there was a rebound, but the way Pasta scored sweeping to the far side as fast as possible, Pasta wouldnt have a rebound chance anyway.

ZEBROA

Dec 21, 2017
Are people of the opinion that all players should attack the puck carrier? Pasta streaks for the far side while he's strong side wing.
Whatever it takes to take blame away from Marner. Nylander is covering the dude behind him, and had his back against that rush. Had Nylander made a move(he would not get even close in time and they would have been three players almost reaching the puck carrier ) Pasta could easy passed that dude Nylander would not cover anymore instead. Or do the exact same goal he did in the clip.

Fantastic play by Lindholm wish we had a D like him.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
It didn't look good. It looked like he was expecting Mo to go back or Sammy and he would routinely take a pass and go the other way. Then out of nowhere appears Pasta.

Maybe a Boston set play. They know their boards well and the Leafs scouting should as well.

Both MM and WN were not intense enough and the moment caught them. That's all it takes.

If you did not know better, you'd think that was an exhibition game or game #82. Surely not early in OT of game #7 of the playoffs. f***ing losers.

PROUD PAPA

Sep 20, 2021
"I don't think there's an issue with the core".

You 4 and Shanny are probably the only ones left that think that way.

NinjaKick

life as a leafs fan
Dec 5, 2018
Toronto
all of the ladies in my family and life, love nylander, and think he should be captain...
keep in mind... no matter how many times I explain it, they don't understand offsides, icings and why teams pull their goalies.

oh well... I agree with them anyway.

Sep 18, 2009
all of the ladies in my family and life, love nylander, and think he should be captain...
keep in mind... no matter how many times I explain it, they don't understand offsides, icings and why teams pull their goalies.

oh well... I agree with them anyway.
these ladies are just interested in big willy

arso40

Jun 7, 2022

You realize willy was out there for a full shift and didn't get to change he's in position marner watched him take off and didn't alert anyone clearly and rielly was caught out of position I'm still trying to figure out how willy name comes up here

Reactions: saffronleaf

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Based on? Can't be points or defensive play.

Matthews is the best, sorry to break it to you.
You're right - Matty in more games and on the top line had more assists than Willy mainly on the third or second line. Both were +2 - again Willy in fewer games with worse linemates.

Nylander and Matthews are hand in hand in game tying goals, ot goals, and game winning goals since joining the league.

give either the C.
Matty does have three more playoff goals.

Reactions: arso40

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad