William Nylander vs William Karlsson

Who is better and who will have more points

• Total voters

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
Is this a serious poll?
One guy just had 43 goals and 78 points.
But he also had a ridiculously high shooting percentage that will be nearly impossible to replicate. I like William Karlsson, but I don't think last years totals will reflect what he can actually do as a player every year going forward.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Hey, if he can repeat that......I'll pick him. Until then, I go with the guy whose accomplishment is even more rare.

Yay!
If Nylander can come close to 78 points and 43 goals once....I’ll consider him. Until then I’ll go with the guy whose accomplishment is much more rare than a 20 goal and 61 point season.
Double yay!

Reactions: Sasso09

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Ahem........TWO 20-goal, 61-point seasons, and in his 1st two years in the league.

Yay!
So? Barzal got 85 last year as a rookie. Speaking of rare feats.
Wild Bill scored 30% more points and scored over twice as many goals.
I know you always homer vote for the Leafs no matter what the poll but this one is not close.

Last edited:
Reactions: dukeofjive

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
So? Barzal got 85 last year as a rookie. Speaking of rare feats.
Wild Bill scored 30% more points and scored over twice as many goals.
I know you always homer vote for the Leafs no matter what the poll but this one is not close.

Nylander is younger and it's unlikely that he's peaked yet whereas there is a higher chance that Wild Bill has. I think Karlsson can score 25+ goals again in 2019, but I'll be surprised if he breaks 35 and shocked if he hits 40 next season.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Nylander is younger and it's unlikely that he's peaked yet whereas there is a higher chance that Wild Bill has. I think Karlsson can score 25+ goals again in 2019, but I'll be surprised if he breaks 35 and shocked if he hits 40 next season.
Maybe so. But Nylander has a long way to go to close the gap even if Karlsson hits 35 goals.

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
1 of them is a few years older, is on a good contract and put up great numbers in the playoffs on a team that went to the finals.
I'll go with William for now.

Reactions: dukeofjive

DRW204

Dec 26, 2010
Karlsson in his first year in a top 6 role put up 93 pts in 102 GP (PO + RS combined) including 50 goals. The guy is also an excellent and tenacious forward w/o the puck in all 3 zones, believe he had the 5th most top 3 votes for Selke this year. I think his points will regress a bit to the 65ish range, but the innate chemistry he has with Marchessault and Smith will keep his floor quite high. It'll be close b/w the two as far as pts go.

ManofSteel55

Aug 15, 2013
Sylvan Lake, Alberta
If Nylander can come close to 78 points and 43 goals once....I’ll consider him. Until then I’ll go with the guy whose accomplishment is much more rare than a 20 goal and 61 point season.
Double yay!

If Karlsson can't do it again - and his shooting percentage suggests he won't - then why pick him moving forward? Ultimately, what happened last year, while impressive, doesn't mean anything in regards to the future. You need to look at what the player is most likely to do in the future. Nylander has shown consistency over his 2 seasons so far. Karlsson has shown more upside. Really, its about if you think he can repeat or not. If he repeats, only fools would take Nylander. If not, well, you get it.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Vegas fan saying that Karlsson may have a better production year but Nylander is probably the better player overall. Much as I love Wild Bill, I can't ignore the effect of the chemistry the Vegas top line has on W. K's production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->