William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

William Nylander vs Bo Horvat

• William Nylander

• Bo Horvat

Results are only viewable after voting.

Hugh Mungus

Feb 1, 2017
nucks nation
If Horvat actually had the defense and physicality people attribute to him, then I might take him, but as of now, Willy is the better player. I do think Horvat's willingness to go to the net, while Nylander is a little too on the perimeter at times makes it closer than the stats show though
How about watch him play for a change? If he wasn't good defensively he would never get placed into the situations he does on a nightly basis.

Reactions: Index

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
How about watch him play for a change? If he wasn't good defensively he would never get placed into the situations he does on a nightly basis.

I'm a Canucks fan, so I think I watch him enough thanks. His defense is a pretty big point of contention among fans. He's simply hemmed in his own end too often. He's not bad, but it's not a plus, and he doesn't make up for it by being much of a possession player in the offensive zone.

Last edited:

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
Horvat is better than Kadri dude.
Accept it.
Horvat was better last year in
CF% 5v5
GF% 5v5
Better HDCF% 5v5
Better HDGF% 5v5
He kills penalties and Kadri doesnt
Better P/60 5v5
Better A/60 5v5
Better GAP (goals above replacement)
Better CF% rel 5v5
And he dominates him in Primary Points.

Kadri has back-to-back 32 goals seasons, with 61 and 55 points.

Until Horvat surpasses that in a full season, he's NOT "better than Kadri".

Laughable, using 13 games to try and win your argument about "better".

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Kadri has back-to-back 32 goals seasons, with 61 and 55 points.
Until Horvat surpasses that in a full season, he's NOT "better than Kadri".
Laughable, using 13 games to try and win your argument about "better".

:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Unless you can't read, I never said this season, that was last season.

I know you and that guy Zeke like to claim Kadri is "#1 center" or "Top 20 center"
He's actually neither of those two things
He isnt even a top 30 center.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
:biglaugh::biglaugh:
Unless you can't read, I never said this season, that was last season.

I know you and that guy Zeke like to claim Kadri is "#1 center" or "Top 20 center"
He's actually neither of those two things
He isnt even a top 30 center.

Last season? The one where Kadri scored 32 goals for the second year in a row? Oh THAT season. Got it. Maybe you can name 30 Centres who exceeded that? No hurry. :)

Kadri beats out Horvat in every way, shape & form. AIOKOC (And it's only kind of close). ;)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Last season? The one where Kadri scored 32 goals for the second year in a row? Oh THAT season. Got it. Maybe you can name 30 Centres who exceeded that? No hurry. :)

Kadri beats out Horvat in every way, shape & form. AIOKOC (And it's only kind of close). ;)

except for:
CF% 5v5
GF% 5v5
Better HDCF% 5v5
Better HDGF% 5v5
Better P/60 5v5
Better A/60 5v5
Better CF% rel 5v5
And he dominates him in Primary Points
Better in faceoffs

Ohh and lets not forget they had the same Point per Game last season LOL.

Holymakinaw

May 22, 2007
Toronto
except for:
CF% 5v5
GF% 5v5
Better HDCF% 5v5
Better HDGF% 5v5
Better P/60 5v5
Better A/60 5v5
Better CF% rel 5v5
Better in faceoffs

Man, all that sure is boring. I prefer to watch them play the game, not study math.

Kadri is a better player. He skates fast & hard, scores a lot of goals, draws penalties, hits, takes a lot of faceoffs, is a good passer, gets under the opposing player's skin, and really helps his team win.

Oh, and scores more goals, assist, points.

LOL

:)

Mar 26, 2010
Willy Nylander is much better, but happens to play on the better team, and gets overshadowed.

Reactions: Pyrophorus

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
except for:
CF% 5v5
GF% 5v5
Better HDCF% 5v5
Better HDGF% 5v5
Better P/60 5v5
Better A/60 5v5
Better CF% rel 5v5
Better in faceoffs

and Nylander beats Horvat in
CF%
GF%
xGF%
5v5 p/60
5v5 p1/60

so Horvat does have the edge in faceoffs, but Nylander is better at everything else that you want to deem as evidence that Horvat is better than Kadri, while being younger

nowhereman

Jan 24, 2010
Los Angeles
And I thought Canucks fans overhyped their players. Based on some of the comments in this thread, you'd think Nylander was Crosby 2.0.

Regardless of what either fanbase says, it's close. Nylander is better offensively and Horvat is a better all-around player who plays far tougher minutes. I would take both on my team in a heartbeat.

Last edited:

Icebreakers

Apr 29, 2011
William Nylander

I'm actually stunned Horvat is winning this. I mean Horvat is a really good player, but Nylander was quite an easy choice for me.

Why?

Horvat is an all situations center who was on pace for 28+28 last year. Nylander had 61 points playing with Matthews. Horvat is on pace for 60+ points with 30+ goals this year playing with Tim Schaller and randoms as his linemates. The only player who is better than him on the Canucks is Pettersson and they don't play together 5 on 5. Nylander has not proven that he can be a near ppg player.

Nylander has the higher ceiling, yes. He's also younger but only by 11 months. This is Horvats 5th season in the league and he's improved his ppg every single season. Horvat has done something Nylander hasn't. Leading his team in scoring at the age of 21, and that's with the Sedins on the team.

Not even mentioning the contract situations , Horvat on a great contract and Nylander holding out for 8+...

It's not like we are talking about Marner or pastrnak here. It's William f***ing Nylander. It's definitely close, it can go either way

Last edited:
Reactions: WetcoastOrca

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->